Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Highlands

Featured Replies

David did not play last season, so I'm only guessing he won't this season. He appears to have bought into the football program in full. What surprises me is the number of kids that played last season that did not tryout this year. Building a program?

 

Is Collinsworth playing???

  • Replies 86
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]I think Nick Simpson and McGraw will be one of the top 2 players in the region this year[/b]. I understand with McGraw out with a back injury last year he wont have many minutes under him but watching him this summer he looks solid. Jump' date=' Shoot, Quick, and Strong. And of course we all know how good Nick is. Great shooter, ballhandler, and great D'. Go combo and will make this year for Highlands a good year.[/quote']

 

Saw a couple Highlands games last year before McGraw got hurt, and thought he might be as effective as Simpson? They made a heckova pair, and it will be fun to see them together again! Willie might have to run with this lineup, and abandon the old "Willie-Ball" style. They could threaten for the 9th title, especially if they come up with a big man or two!

How's the team shaping up roster wise? (# sr-jr-so-fr). Any surprises?

How's the team shaping up roster wise? (# sr-jr-so-fr). Any surprises?

 

I'd like to know who they have up in the gym so far. What Jr's didnt tryout, etc.

 

I know there are a lot of kids playing football like Stein, Simons, Hurtt, Ball, Jake Turner, etc. Its too bad Josh Conner doesnt play because I heard he was a fantastic baller up til Frosh year.

Have they scrimmaged anyone yet?

Have they scrimmaged anyone yet?

 

Ashland, last Saturday. Heard the Birds played well

I'd like to know who they have up in the gym so far. What Jr's didnt tryout, etc.

 

I know there are a lot of kids playing football like Stein, Simons, Hurtt, Ball, Jake Turner, etc. Its too bad Josh Conner doesnt play because I heard he was a fantastic baller up til Frosh year.

 

Josh was a heck of a player until he stopped growing.

Any word on how McGraw is looking? Is his back doing okay?

Any word on how McGraw is looking? Is his back doing okay?

 

Hope he's OK--I think they make a run for the region if he (and the others obviously) stays healthy!!

I'd like to know who they have up in the gym so far. What Jr's didnt tryout, etc.

 

I know there are a lot of kids playing football like Stein, Simons, Hurtt, Ball, Jake Turner, etc. Its too bad Josh Conner doesnt play because I heard he was a fantastic baller up til Frosh year.

 

Jordan Messer the only JR "keeper" ?? Jake Turner should be out after football...we'll see what a deep run into the FB playoffs does to his game, as well as 4-5 SR's ...IF they all decide to come out. Some may choose to develop their FB skills for future benefit. I would like to know if Geisting, Kyle, and Fair tried out or if Willie cut/ran 'em off. Some size and talent there...but it needed to be developed.

Jordan Messer the only JR "keeper" ?? Jake Turner should be out after football...we'll see what a deep run into the FB playoffs does to his game, as well as 4-5 SR's ...IF they all decide to come out. Some may choose to develop their FB skills for future benefit. I would like to know if Geisting, Kyle, and Fair tried out or if Willie cut/ran 'em off. Some size and talent there...but it needed to be developed.

 

Well, I hope Stein plays as he is the only big man they have and Hurtt is a tough defender who is very athletic and will give you 5 good fouls. :lol: As far as Ball, he is a beast out there but playing time may be tough with McGraw back and Simons projected to play a lot. Ball is a future footballer so he may be who you speak of that decides to spend even more hours in the gym getting ready for college football.

 

I know I saw they ahve a ton of sophomores on this team, seems the JV squad will be loaded.

 

I was glad to read in the recorder that Willie is deciding to run and gun a little more with the type of players he has this season. Should bring me out more to games. Last year I stayed on the couch a lot because I had no interest in 40-35 games.

Any report on the Birds scrimmage with Manuel? All I heard was Manuel had a tough point guard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.