Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Highlands

Featured Replies

HHS has always been filled with guys that can scrap. They need more guys that can score.

HHS has some guys that can fill it up. Simpson, McGraw, Simons, Kowolonek.

Don't see scoring as being an issue for the Birds

  • Replies 86
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHS has some guys that can fill it up. Simpson, McGraw, Simons, Kowolonek.

Don't see scoring as being an issue for the Birds

 

Good point, I think Kowolonek will be a nice added threat as a sophomore.

HHS has some guys that can fill it up. Simpson, McGraw, Simons, Kowolonek.

Don't see scoring as being an issue for the Birds

 

Scoring is always an issue at HHS. Fortunately, they play strong Willie defense.

 

Outside of Simpson, there is no proven scoring threat. That obviously can change but until it does...

Scoring is always an issue at HHS. Fortunately, they play strong Willie defense.

 

Outside of Simpson, there is no proven scoring threat. That obviously can change but until it does...

What do you mean by always? You must remember the Shields and Messmer teams that simply ran teams off the floor? Heck I think for a little while they had one player that was capable of outscoring the opponent by himself. Come on. Historically speaking the Birds aren't that bad.

What do you mean by always? You must remember the Shields and Messmer teams that simply ran teams off the floor? Heck I think for a little while they had one player that was capable of outscoring the opponent by himself. Come on. Historically speaking the Birds aren't that bad.

 

Scott Draud is not walking through that door, right?

 

I'm talking in recent Willie years.

Scott Draud is not walking through that door, right?

 

I'm talking in recent Willie years.

Always and the last 3 years are two different things. You don't need a Scott Draud to win the 9th this year, but a Nic Simpson won't hurt ya. Holmes and CovCath aren't all that this year, a team like a Highlands or a Boone will be right there.

Always and the last 3 years are two different things. You don't need a Scott Draud to win the 9th this year, but a Nic Simpson won't hurt ya. Holmes and CovCath aren't all that this year, a team like a Highlands or a Boone will be right there.

 

I agree that they can contend. They can do that simply because they're hard-nosed and physical. To get over the top, they have to come up with a legit 2nd option.

 

Nic is a great first option - obviously. I'll be curious to see what college opportunities present themselves to the young man.

 

One last thing - what if Roberts was still there? There's a nice 2nd option.

I agree that they can contend. They can do that simply because they're hard-nosed and physical. To get over the top, they have to come up with a legit 2nd option.

 

Nic is a great first option - obviously. I'll be curious to see what college opportunities present themselves to the young man.

 

One last thing - what if Roberts was still there? There's a nice 2nd option.

 

McGraw will be that option and Simons and Kowolonek will also bring some points to the floor.

 

Roberts will be at Moeller and not at Highlands. He will hopefully earn some major playing time this year.

 

Roberts will be at Moeller and not at Highlands. He will hopefully earn some major playing time this year.

 

Of course. The question/point was a "what could have been this year" at HHS.

Of course. The question/point was a "what could have been this year" at HHS.

I believe the thread is 2007-08 Highlands basketball. Roberts has not been in Highlands program for years.:sleep:

I believe the thread is 2007-08 Highlands basketball. Roberts has not been in Highlands program for years. Kind of pointless:sleep: :dancingpa

 

Tough crowd.

Of course. The question/point was a "what could have been this year" at HHS.

 

What could have been is you would have a dominant big man with a very strong backcourt but that goes without saying and nobody's crying in their milk over Roberts transferring to Moeller any longer.

I think Nick Simpson and McGraw will be one of the top 2 players in the region this year. I understand with McGraw out with a back injury last year he wont have many minutes under him but watching him this summer he looks solid. Jump, Shoot, Quick, and Strong. And of course we all know how good Nick is. Great shooter, ballhandler, and great D'. Go combo and will make this year for Highlands a good year.

I thought Ball and Hempfling were the guards?:jump:

 

I hope you Highlands guys recover quickly from me posting in a basketball thread.:laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.