Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Highlands

Featured Replies

What does Highlands need to do to improve in 2007/2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will need a big man to move into the community because tallest player may be 6'2. Top notch Sophomore class coming in so if they can develop some of those big kids and play great defense they should be fine. Nic Simpson is going to be the leader and he needs to avg. 20 a game. Simons will need to be aggressive and become more of a scorer as well. Kowolenek will show he belongs and will get some nice varsity minutes as a sophomore. Several players with varsity game experience so they should make a run next year but oh it would be nice to have Matt Roberts in the paint and Simpson on the perimeter.

How is Simpsons outside game? Has Roberts developed across the river better than he may have at Highlands? Maybe that isn't a legitiamte questin considering the knee problems I hear he has had?

How is Simpsons outside game? Has Roberts developed across the river better than he may have at Highlands? Maybe that isn't a legitiamte questin considering the knee problems I hear he has had?

Nic Simpson has one of the purest strokes in Northern Kentucky. He can fill it up from behind the arc.

Give us the scoop on the rest of the incoming sophomores. What type of player is Tyler Grubbs?

Give us the scoop on the rest of the incoming sophomores. What type of player is Tyler Grubbs?

 

I hear great things about Grubbs, big and strong. Although I havent had a chance to see them play. That is a strong sophomore class with Grote, Grubbs, Kowolonek, etc. They rank up there with the Boone Co. sophs.

 

ON the Roberts kid, probably dont want to spend too much time talking about a kid who isnt playing on this side of the river but I heard he had a fantastic summer at Tournaments and he will get some nice offers.

I hear great things about Grubbs, big and strong. Although I havent had a chance to see them play. That is a strong sophomore class with Grote, Grubbs, Kowolonek, etc. They rank up there with the Boone Co. sophs.

 

ON the Roberts kid, probably dont want to spend too much time talking about a kid who isnt playing on this side of the river but I heard he had a fantastic summer at Tournaments and he will get some nice offers.

 

Highlands has a nice soph class but not ready to rank them with Boones class yet. Boones soph's were getting pretty significant varsity minutes last year while I don't remember anyone other than Kowolonek getting even minor minutes on the varsity level.

Highlands has a nice soph class but not ready to rank them with Boones class yet. Boones soph's were getting pretty significant varsity minutes last year while I don't remember anyone other than Kowolonek getting even minor minutes on the varsity level.

 

There wasnt a need to get those Frosh minutes in Varsity play. There obviously must have been a need out at Boone Co or maybe just the coache's preference.

There wasnt a need to get those Frosh minutes in Varsity play. There obviously must have been a need out at Boone Co or maybe just the coache's preference.

 

I wouldn't say a need as much as the fact that they are one of the more talented classes to come through Boone in awhile, and why not start developing them young? They will be a big part of Boone's best shot at a regional title in quite some time. They have also been among the more talented in their class in NKY the last several years.

 

Highlands has some nice sophs as well.

There wasnt a need to get those Frosh minutes in Varsity play. There obviously must have been a need out at Boone Co or maybe just the coache's preference.

Schlarman needs to get these guys minutes this year, especially the bigs. Kowolonek has already shown he can play.

Well...it looks like the consensus here is to play Srs + Sophs on Varsity...lots of PT for the Jrs. in JV I guess???

Nic Simpson had a great summer with the Shinning Star team and can flat out play. With McGraw coming back from his back injury, this will be a great guard combo. McGraw can shoot, jump (out of the gym) and is quick for his size. They both will be able to beat anyone off the dribble and just jump over much smaller guards. The birds will have a nice season this year with them working together.

Well...it looks like the consensus here is to play Srs + Sophs on Varsity...lots of PT for the Jrs. in JV I guess???

 

I'm not sure of any Jr's that can step up and earn the minutes outside of Jake Turner who has a very good handle and has gotten stronger. Maybe I am just not familiar with that class enough, you never know how these kids can change over the summer. Someone might surprise some folks come late October.

I'm not sure of any Jr's that can step up and earn the minutes outside of Jake Turner who has a very good handle and has gotten stronger. Maybe I am just not familiar with that class enough, you never know how these kids can change over the summer. Someone might surprise some folks come late October.

I hope they do! Austin Geisting, Mitch Fair, Eric Kyle all have the capabiltiy of developing into fine players. Jake Turner...I love to watch his INTENSITY on the floor. He flat out scraps! He is the best of the JR class.

I hope they do! Austin Geisting, Mitch Fair, Eric Kyle all have the capabiltiy of developing into fine players. Jake Turner...I love to watch his INTENSITY on the floor. He flat out scraps! He is the best of the JR class.

 

 

HHS has always been filled with guys that can scrap. They need more guys that can score.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.