Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Vick indicted by federal grand jury in dogfighting probe

Featured Replies

I think it's a HUGE operation and they are trying to use him to spill the beans. I don't think he had much to do with it but he is the poster boy now for dog fighting. They know that he will have to give up names or watch his career go down in flames.

1 of two things will happen:

1. The defense usually sets the court date so it will be in Feb and it will be a circus all year with protests etc.

2. He will deal with it right away. There will be pressure because Blank owns Home Depeot. The protests will be awful for him!

I'm making no excuses for Mike Vick but I think it's silly to act like he's PacMan Jones. That guy had multiple criminal problems all the way down to manslaughter!

He is the name.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you really expect them to be on his side?

 

 

Honestly, any time an African-American is accused of something Sharpton is usually behind them.....I didn't think this would be any different.

Honestly, any time an African-American is accused of something Sharpton is usually behind them.....I didn't think this would be any different.

I know what you are saying but they are generally cases of a more civil rights nature, nobody in his position would ever be crazy enough to condone dog-fighting.

On Wednesday morning, the sports shoe and apparel company, along with Falcons CEO Arthur Blank and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, received a joint letter from hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, civil rights leader the Rev. Al Sharpton and PETA president Ingrid E. Newkirk, condemning Vick's alleged involvement in the dogfighting ring and asking all parties involved to distance themselves from Vick.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2941489

I saw that this morning on espn. The only thing that can think of is that after those two idiots went nuts to jump on the Duke lacrosse players:sssh: , and then the whole Imus thing when he/they didn't condemm the rap/hip hop artist for using basiclly the same language as Imus did :sssh: ................He may have thought better of it;) . I don't think that anyone thinks that Sharpton or Jackson thinks of anyone but themselves, just that they have been embarrassed lately and decidied that they are not going to win on this one either. :D

I know what you are saying but they are generally cases of a more civil rights nature, nobody in his position would ever be crazy enough to condone dog-fighting.

 

 

True, I guess I'm more shocked that they made a statement concerning Vick, instead of basically staying out of it.

I think it's a HUGE operation and they are trying to use him to spill the beans. I don't think he had much to do with it but he is the poster boy now for dog fighting. They know that he will have to give up names or watch his career go down in flames.

1 of two things will happen:

1. The defense usually sets the court date so it will be in Feb and it will be a circus all year with protests etc.

2. He will deal with it right away. There will be pressure because Blank owns Home Depeot. The protests will be awful for him!

I'm making no excuses for Mike Vick but I think it's silly to act like he's PacMan Jones. That guy had multiple criminal problems all the way down to manslaughter!

I usually agree on all your post but I have to take a different stand on this one. I feel that Vick was aware of what was taking place and played a major role in the operation. The Grand Jury must have some solid evidence or they would not have gone forward. I think Vick is in for a reality check as his world he now knows is quickly changing. Vick can blame no one but himself for his recent troubles.

I usually agree on all your post but I have to take a different stand on this one. I feel that Vick was aware of what was taking place and played a major role in the operation. The Grand Jury must have some solid evidence or they would not have gone forward. I think Vick is in for a reality check as his world he now knows is quickly changing. Vick can blame no one but himself for his recent troubles.

I agree cville, I believe that I herd that the "Feds" are at something lie a 95% conviction rate on the cases they get indictments on. May not have been that high but it was a very high %. For them to get an indictment I would say that they pretty much have a solid case.

I agree cville, I believe that I herd that the "Feds" are at something lie a 95% conviction rate on the cases they get indictments on. May not have been that high but it was a very high %. For them to get an indictment I would say that they pretty much have a solid case.
Since 2000 it has been 95%. It doesn't look very good for Ron!!!
Listening to Rome today?:D

 

I think he's going to take a "leave" before it's all said and done. He's going to get killed by the fans both on the road and at home.

Yeah a litttle bit. :D I do everyday at lunch.

I have a good idea: I'll get a job where I make 130 million dollars and then flush it down the toilet by fighting dogs. Good idea Michael. I love the Vick family!

I think it's a HUGE operation and they are trying to use him to spill the beans. I don't think he had much to do with it but he is the poster boy now for dog fighting. They know that he will have to give up names or watch his career go down in flames.

1 of two things will happen:

1. The defense usually sets the court date so it will be in Feb and it will be a circus all year with protests etc.

2. He will deal with it right away. There will be pressure because Blank owns Home Depeot. The protests will be awful for him!

I'm making no excuses for Mike Vick but I think it's silly to act like he's PacMan Jones. That guy had multiple criminal problems all the way down to manslaughter!

 

What? :confused:

He's been in several sticky situations in the past couple of years. He was just never charged or convicted with anything.

But I didn't see animal cruelty listed as one of the charges?? I wouldn't certainly think this falls in that category.

I think those charges will fall under state guidelines and they have the right to file charges also. I agree with you and hope they charge him with animal cruelty. Vick also needs to seek professional help from a shrink. Anyone that can do the things to a dog that he is accused of doing is a very sick individual.

What? :confused:

He's been in several sticky situations in the past couple of years. He was just never charged or convicted with anything.

 

Eactly... like saying it didnt happen...

Keep in mind that a grand jury indictment is not a verdict of guilt. The defendant gets no say in a grand jury hearing. It is simply the prosecution presenting evidence to the jury to determine if there is enough evidence for a trial.

Keep in mind that a grand jury indictment is not a verdict of guilt. The defendant gets no say in a grand jury hearing. It is simply the prosecution presenting evidence to the jury to determine if there is enough evidence for a trial.

 

95% conviction rate and 99% since 2000 on a Federal Indictment...

 

Seems like a lock to me...

 

Also, we haven't heard a cry for innocence or asking to get into court to prove his innocence...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.