Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Vick indicted by federal grand jury in dogfighting probe

Featured Replies

They would have done it already unless they find something new. He will go to trial after football season and the NFL won't suspend until after that if more comes out.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would hope the commish sticks to his guns now that a "star" has run afoul of the law. I say he should be suspended at least 8 games. I know it's his first offense, but Vick's is the only one that is a federal offense.
The severity of the accusation may not play a part as much as the number of charges, remember Pacman was suspended for the embarassing number of charges, not the charges themselves. This is the first charge and until proven guilty there is the presumption of innocence. That might be the NFL's out on this one. He is a star QB. I think that there is a 35% chance that Vick is allowed to play all season, and a 50% chance he is suspended 4 games or less.

Obviously much of this depends on how his indictment plays out but I think there is a possibility he may never play another down again. I know it's a slight stretch but the NFL needs to take a stand here. Not to mention the fact that all of the Atlanta fans hate him and he will probably be booed for the rest of his career every time he touches the ball. It would take some serious fortitude for another team to pick him up at this point.

I thought the NFL's policy was to crack down on repeat offenders, of which Vick is not. So, he may very well not miss any playing time unless he's convicted or plea bargains. I hope that's not the case.

 

Anyone else think he'll rat out others to save himself?

I hope he gets suspended and faces some jail time from this incident. I doubt that he will though, it seems that he finds a way to get out of trouble when he is caught up in something.

I couldn't bring myself to read the entire article. It just makes me want to cry and hurl all at the same time. (I guess I'm just too soft-hearted) I didn't see any mention of animal cruelty charges. Is that not federal? Could he be charged with that separately?

Looks like Vick let the dogs out!! I hope that they put him under the jail but imo he won't see any jail time at all.

Vick needs to go away for a long time. Goodell (sp?) needs to ban him from the league for life. I hope he loses everything...

 

Don't give me this 'innocent until proven guilty' crap either. The Feds don't go for an indictment just to kill time. He's associated in one way or the other and that's enough for me...

Vick needs to go away for a long time. Goodell (sp?) needs to ban him from the league for life. I hope he loses everything...

 

Don't give me this 'innocent until proven guilty' crap either. The Feds don't go for an indictment just to kill time. He's associated in one way or the other and that's enough for me...

:thumb:

Some of the things that were stated that he and his associates did to these dogs are sickening. If convicted he should be put away for a long time.

Vick needs to go away for a long time. Goodell (sp?) needs to ban him from the league for life. I hope he loses everything...

 

Don't give me this 'innocent until proven guilty' crap either. The Feds don't go for an indictment just to kill time. He's associated in one way or the other and that's enough for me...

:thumb: You get my vote for the next commissioner.

You don't get indicted by the Feds if they don't have a pretty strong case against you. I really hope he's convicted and his career is completely ruined.

 

I'll tell you guys, the Vick parents must be pretty proud of the garbage they've produced. Makes you wonder what kind of upbringing these guys had.

You don't get indicted by the Feds if they don't have a pretty strong case against you. I really hope he's convicted and his career is completely ruined.

 

I'll tell you guys, the Vick parents must be pretty proud of the garbage they've produced. Makes you wonder what kind of upbringing these guys had.

 

Then again, Ron Mexico is making Marcus looks like a saint...for now.

Vick needs to go away for a long time. Goodell (sp?) needs to ban him from the league for life. I hope he loses everything...

 

Don't give me this 'innocent until proven guilty' crap either. The Feds don't go for an indictment just to kill time. He's associated in one way or the other and that's enough for me...

:thumb: :thumb: I agree, can anyone see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson entering the picture in this?? :irked:

:thumb: You get my vote for the next commissioner.

My vote goes to Mitts also!! :ylsuper: :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.