Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Vick indicted by federal grand jury in dogfighting probe

Featured Replies

He's done.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the NFL's policy was to crack down on repeat offenders, of which Vick is not. So, he may very well not miss any playing time unless he's convicted or plea bargains. I hope that's not the case.

 

Anyone else think he'll rat out others to save himself?

 

 

A federal offense should trump any other kinds of offenses, IMO.

A federal offense should trump any other kinds of offenses, IMO.

 

 

Agreed.

A federal offense should trump any other kinds of offenses, IMO.

 

I guess my thinking is that they should charge him with everything possible to increase the amount of jail time he gets.

I guess my thinking is that they should charge him with everything possible to increase the amount of jail time he gets.

 

They really have as far as I know. The conspiracy charges will allow him to be punished for what others did as well.

The feds wouldn't risk making themselves look stupid going after such a big celebrity unless they knew for a fact they had enough to stick to him. Vick is in a world of hurt right now.

They really have as far as I know. The conspiracy charges will allow him to be punished for what others did as well.

 

But I didn't see animal cruelty listed as one of the charges?? I wouldn't certainly think this falls in that category.

But I didn't see animal cruelty listed as one of the charges?? I wouldn't certainly think this falls in that category.

 

He was charged with "dogfighting" which I would imagine is probably more severe than animal cruelty.

He was charged with "dogfighting" which I would imagine is probably more severe than animal cruelty.

 

I wonder if he can be charged with both separately?? I just want him to suffer, suffer.....and than suffer some more. I guess that's not very Christian of me. It just makes me very angry. :madman:

I know this may be Vick's first charge, but this isn't his first run in with problems off the field. We all know about the Ron Mexico deal, then he had the "hidden compartment" in his water bottle at the airport with marijuana residue, and the obscene gesture to the fan after a game, and now this. This guy is a piece of crap just like his brother. If it was up to my girlfriend, they would tar and feather him and then stick him in jail for life. She loves dogs so much that she cries every time they talk about this on TV.

I know this may be Vick's first charge, but this isn't his first run in with problems off the field. We all know about the Ron Mexico deal, then he had the "hidden compartment" in his water bottle at the airport with marijuana residue, and the obscene gesture to the fan after a game, and now this. This guy is a piece of crap just like his brother. If it was up to my girlfriend, they would tar and feather him and then stick him in jail for life. She loves dogs so much that she cries every time they talk about this on TV.

 

I'm right there with her.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10260902

 

I especially like this part....

 

He has been charged in federal court, and for those who don't know what that means, let me tell you: It means Vick is almost certainly guilty. According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 99 percent of the people indicted by the federal government between 2000 and 2005 were convicted.

Looks like the Mean Machine might have a pretty good QB next season.

The NFL has apparently released a statement saying they are going to wait until the court process is over before they take any action....

 

Talk about a double standard!:madman: :madman:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.