Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th District Next Year

Featured Replies

It will be interesting to see how all of the SENIOR leadership at both CCH and

Ryle is replaced next year. Lot's of talent in both CCH and Ryle's soph. classes last year. The seniors for both CCH and Ryle set the pace last year.

Will both teams have solid senior leadership next year?

Don't overlook Beechwood. They have four nice pitchers that all pitched on the 23 win '07 team. They have the bats, experience (lost 1 sr.) and the

toughness to compete. With Nichols on the mound next year, Dixie will be tough. They will be back in the hunt in '08.

Ninth region looks to be wide open!!!

 

I agree the the 9th is wide open...but here is my attempt at picking the winner for 2008.

 

1)Cov Cath- Young talent comimg back from this years solid team and up from the JV regional runner-up team. Getting pitching situated will be key.

2)Ryle- Juniors that are returning from the State Qtr final team will be solid and a whole host of talent coming from the JV Regional championship team. Lots of pitching and speed. 2009 will be their year!

3)Beechwood- Good pitching staff coming back intact. Will they be able to hit the ball consistently?

4)Dixie- Nichols is excellent, but he can't do it himself. Will they have other pitchers step up and can they also hit consistently. New venue should help.

5)Conner- They have some returning talent and a good JV team talent pool coming up which should make them competitive.

 

Any sleepers that I am forgetting?

  • Replies 59
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how all of the SENIOR leadership at both CCH and

Ryle is replaced next year. Lot's of talent in both CCH and Ryle's soph. classes last year. The seniors for both CCH and Ryle set the pace last year.

Will both teams have solid senior leadership next year?

Don't overlook Beechwood. They have four nice pitchers that all pitched on the 23 win '07 team. They have the bats, experience (lost 1 sr.) and the

toughness to compete. With Nichols on the mound next year, Dixie will be tough. They will be back in the hunt in '08.

Ninth region looks to be wide open!!!

 

I agree the the 9th is wide open...but here is my attempt at picking the winner for 2008.

 

1)Cov Cath- Young talent comimg back from this years solid team and up from the JV regional runner-up team. Getting pitching situated will be key.

2)Ryle- Juniors that are returning from the State Qtr final team will be solid and a whole host of talent coming from the JV Regional championship team. Lots of pitching and speed. 2009 will be their year!

3)Beechwood- Good pitching staff coming back intact. Will they be able to hit the ball consistently?

4)Dixie- Nichols is excellent, but he can't do it himself. Will they have other pitchers step up and can they also hit consistently. New venue should help.

5)Conner- They have some returning talent and a good JV team talent pool coming up which should make them competitive.

 

Any sleepers that I am forgetting?

I agree the the 9th is wide open...but here is my attempt at picking the winner for 2008.

 

1)Cov Cath- Young talent comimg back from this years solid team and up from the JV regional runner-up team. Getting pitching situated will be key.

2)Ryle- Juniors that are returning from the State Qtr final team will be solid and a whole host of talent coming from the JV Regional championship team. Lots of pitching and speed. 2009 will be their year!

?

 

That's what CCH is saying as well.

 

I'd expect the CCH pitching to consist of Isler, Nutini, Niehaus, and Sainola in the starting rotation with Wehry in the pen along with one or two others.

That's what CCH is saying as well.

 

I'd expect the CCH pitching to consist of Isler, Nutini, Niehaus, and Sainola in the starting rotation with Wehry in the pen along with one or two others.

 

Seems like all the teams I have listed above keep re-loading. It should be fun to watch!!!

What does Highlands have coming back after making great strides this year?

 

They will have a pretty good pitcher coming back (tall thin kid) next year that will be a senior. I saw him clocked at 86mph this summer by a scout.

The highlands pitcher would be Thomas Towles. Has got a good arm with good stuff. Tends to be a bit wild at times. But if he is on this summer atleat he has been solid.

Ludlow will not do much. They still have no coach. Brake left to relocate to Denver. Rumor has it former coach Cory Highfield wants the job.

They will have a pretty good pitcher coming back (tall thin kid) next year that will be a senior. I saw him clocked at 86mph this summer by a scout.

Isn't he related to Jim Bunning? Grandson maybe? Saw him throw during hs season, I thought he looked pretty tough.

Isn't he related to Jim Bunning? Grandson maybe? .

 

Correct.

Ludlow will not do much. They still have no coach. Brake left to relocate to Denver. Rumor has it former coach Cory Highfield wants the job.

 

Well I think I have made my opinions on here very clear over the past when Highfield was the baseball coach. So all I will say is I think he and Ludlow would be alot better off if he just stuck to being the head basketball coach. If he wants to get back in baseball I think he would be a very good assistant coach for Ludlow baseball team because he is more cut out to be an assistant when it comes to baseball and could help out there but not as the head coach. Ludlow would need someone else to be the head coach if they want to be successful in baseball IMO...

Well I think I have made my opinions on here very clear over the past when Highfield was the baseball coach. So all I will say is I think he and Ludlow would be alot better off if he just stuck to being the head basketball coach. If he wants to get back in baseball I think he would be a very good assistant coach for Ludlow baseball team because he is more cut out to be an assistant when it comes to baseball and could help out there but not as the head coach. Ludlow would need someone else to be the head coach if they want to be successful in baseball IMO...

couldn't agree more FC.

Well I think I have made my opinions on here very clear over the past when Highfield was the baseball coach. So all I will say is I think he and Ludlow would be alot better off if he just stuck to being the head basketball coach. If he wants to get back in baseball I think he would be a very good assistant coach for Ludlow baseball team because he is more cut out to be an assistant when it comes to baseball and could help out there but not as the head coach. Ludlow would need someone else to be the head coach if they want to be successful in baseball IMO...

 

Don't know much about Ludlow baseball but I did notice that they apparently still are looking for a Head Coach and it is almost December. What other school in the state doesn't know who their baseball coach is by now? In my work I do come into contact with various ADs and administrators from time to time and most of them say they tend to do things just a little bit different down on the river..Maybe thats good and maybe its not so good..

Hope the kids get someone good and who they respect because Ludlow has always fielded very competitive baseball teams.

The only problem I see with Ryle being number 1 In the 9th region for the 2008 season is that most of their returning lineup has little to no varsity expiernece. A few players saw time but most the players don't have the playing time as the team that won the 9th region last year. They are a good team I just doubt that they have the expiernece to win big time games in big time situations. I predict Covington Catholic to win the 9th region, they are a very talented team that are solid in almost every area of play.

Don't know much about Ludlow baseball but I did notice that they apparently still are looking for a Head Coach and it is almost December. What other school in the state doesn't know who their baseball coach is by now? In my work I do come into contact with various ADs and administrators from time to time and most of them say they tend to do things just a little bit different down on the river..Maybe thats good and maybe its not so good..

Hope the kids get someone good and who they respect because Ludlow has always fielded very competitive baseball teams.

 

They definitely do things alot different down here on the river.

They definitely do things alot different down here on the river.

 

:laugh: I wonder why that is? Any thoughts? Ludlow has always had good athletes down there especially in baseball. Growing up I remember them having a very strong Knothole baseball program and alot of really knowledgable coaches. Don't know if its still that way or not..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.