Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th District Next Year

Featured Replies

Indeed bjim... obviously we were both trying to make a different point. I do think that most of the varsity level pitchers do throw in the 74-78 range. The real effective pitchers break the 80 mark consistently and also mix it up. The top contending teams all have these types of pitchers on their staffs.

 

Couldn't agree more.:thumb:

  • Replies 59
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed bjim... obviously we were both trying to make a different point. I do think that most of the varsity level pitchers do throw in the 74-78 range. The real effective pitchers break the 80 mark consistently and also mix it up. The top contending teams all have these types of pitchers on their staffs.

 

 

 

You are quite right here. Eveerybody likes to play the "I've got three kids throwing 80+" game but the reality is that less than 5% of the pitchers in this region break 80 and a good percentage of those that do have some degree of location problems. You guys have named the real deals here several times and yes, there are some periferal guys knocking on the 80's door. The traditional powers and the schools with the big numbers will all be in their traditional spots in the top ten. Here's hoping some other teams can join the party this year.

You are quite right here. Eveerybody likes to play the "I've got three kids throwing 80+" game but the reality is that less than 5% of the pitchers in this region break 80 and a good percentage of those that do have some degree of location problems. You guys have named the real deals here several times and yes, there are some periferal guys knocking on the 80's door. The traditional powers and the schools with the big numbers will all be in their traditional spots in the top ten. Here's hoping some other teams can join the party this year.

 

It definitely is more fun when the competition gets better from top to bottom.

  • Author

Show me a coach that concentrates wholy on pitching and sacrafices hitting, bunting fielding and the little things of the game within the game and I will show you a coach that finishes at the bottom, due to errors and no run support for those pitchers.

I definitely did not mean every pitcher on Ryle or CovCath throws consistently in the mid 80's, but a few of them do. .

 

Others closer can correct me but I'd be shocked if more than one is consistently throwing in the 80s at CCH.

I agree with the posts regarding the importance of pitching, however, if a kid just throws the ball hard and doesn't have good location, he is going to get knocked around.

 

What you are talking about isn't a pitcher, that is a thrower and I will agree there is a huge difference.....between a pitcher and a thrower....:D

What you are talking about isn't a pitcher, that is a thrower and I will agree there is a huge difference.....between a pitcher and a thrower....:D

 

I'm glad we can agree. I also think there are more throwers at the HS level than there are pitchers.

Others closer can correct me but I'd be shocked if more than one is consistently throwing in the 80s at CCH.

 

I would think Nutinni (sp) does. I also think Niehaus does after watching him this fall...there was no speed guns around but I have been around baseball all long time, pitched 4 years at a major university, and he was throwing consistently over 80.

We talk about Cov Cath and Ryle alot here is there any other kids in the region that Conistently throw 80+?

Others closer can correct me but I'd be shocked if more than one is consistently throwing in the 80s at CCH.
Isler, Nutini and Sainola should all be in the 80's for CCH. Maile would be another if used as a pitcher.
Isler, Nutini and Sainola should all be in the 80's for CCH. Maile would be another if used as a pitcher.

 

I stand corrected. I knew Isler was probably in that range.

What about Newport Catholic? Noone is even putting them into the mix at all.

As far as pitchers go throwing in the 80's, Steve Hadden of Beechwood was gunned at around 83 last season. He should throw that consistantly this year.

Andy Roenker from Holy Cross has pitched for my summer team the past two seasons. He is the real deal. He throws in the low 80's, has a nasty curveball, and a solid changeup, and best of all - can throw all three of them for strikes. He is a big strong kid and getting bigger by the day. He is going to impress a lot of people this coming season and he's only a sophomore.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think new cath has much experience.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.