Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No Prison for Libby

Featured Replies

Bush spares Libby from 2 1/2-year prison term

President leaves fine, probation intact for convicted ex-White House aide

BREAKING NEWS

 

Updated: 17 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - President Bush commuted the sentence of former White House aide I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby on Monday, sparing him from a 2½-year prison term that Bush said was excessive.

 

Bush left intact a $250,000 fine and two years probation for Libby, and Bush said his action still “leaves in place a harsh punishment for Mr. Libby.”

 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19570081/?GT1=10150

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Nobody was ever charged with the leak."

So all the special prosecutor got after many years and millions of dollars was someone supposedly lying during an investigation that found no crimes that were committed...

Shame went out the door a long time ago with this administration, so this is no surprise ...

Wow, the next thing you know he will pardon a person who has left the country to avoid tax evasion charges.

  • Author
Shame went out the door a long time ago with this administration, so this is no surprise ...

Unlike Clinton and his pardons. :rolleyes:

Scooter did have his day in court and he was convicted so I'm not comfortable with him not spending time in jail. I am sympathetic to the feelings that Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame could lie continuously with impunity while Scooter goes to jail for hiding the truth about a non-crime. However, as I said, he did get convicted of a felony so I would think at least a token amount of jail time was deserved.

Wow, the next thing you know he will pardon a person who has left the country to avoid tax evasion charges.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

Those of us with memories of moments prior to January 20, 2001 appreciate this comment.

hehehehehehehehe

Unlike Clinton and his pardons. :rolleyes:

:thumb: Maybe if he carried cigars and waved his finger the left would be happy. Nah, but it was a nice thought.:

Just more proof positive the justice system is not the same for everyone. Clearly, the wealthy and powerful are usually given special consideration. I'm sure his so called monetary "fine" of $250,000.00 has already been taken care of by someone. Sometimes I sit and wonder how our political system ever got to the state it is in.

Just more proof positive the justice system is not the same for everyone. Clearly, the wealthy and powerful are usually given special consideration. I'm sure his so called monetary "fine" of $250,000.00 has already been taken care of by someone. Sometimes I sit and wonder how our political system ever got to the state it is in.

 

Many of us do. I could make several suggestions, but taking the chance to read "What's the Matter with Kansas" is a good start.

Shame went out the door a long time ago with this administration, so this is no surprise ...

 

Uh, there was no shame on the DNA sample from the oval office in the prior administration either. Give me a break Shueman.

Unlike Clinton and his pardons. :rolleyes:

 

Show me where I defended Bill Clinton's actions ...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.