Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Have you witnessed something historic?

Featured Replies

So I was listening to a Led Zeppelin concert from 1971. They were in Hampton, VA and they did a few songs off a new album that they had coming out in a month. That album was Led Zeppelin 4 with Black Dog, Stairway among others.

 

Of course the audience was hearing these songs for the first time and literally witnessing what would become music history.

 

So with that long introduction out of the way, has anyone witnessed anything like that? We won't limit it to music, we can just cover anything, whether it's sports, music, any topic you can think of.

 

I know I got a chance to see Vince Carter's last home game in high school in that TINY gym he played in at Daytona Beach.

 

I will let you guys have it.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes!

 

A few years ago, I attended a Cincinnati Reds game vs the Chicago Cubs.

 

At the time, Wendell Kim was the third base coach third base coach for the Cubs. During the game, a few friends and I noticed how often Kim clapped during an inning. It seemed to be an absurd amount to us, so we decided to keep track. I believe that during one inning, it may have been the 6th or 7th, while the game was at a close score, Kim clapped around 70 times. This was not during the Utube era, so I doubt there is documented proof, but this was a historic event that I will forever tell the tale of.

 

I also collected enough tickets at sports of all sorts (6 years ago) to recieve not 1, 2, 3, or 4,...... but 5 tubs of yellow laffy taffy. I don't know if that's ever been done before.

I was at Riverfront when the Reds won the pennant in 1990. Their game got rained out, but the Dodgers lost, and the Reds clinched. It was fun to watch them sliding across the tarp, celebrating in the rain. I suppose that's Cincinnati history.

Myself and 02ram were on the 2001 Manual football team that defeated Male for the first time in 13 years. It may not be NATIONAL history, but it's definitely a marker in The Old Rivalry's long history.

 

Otherwise, let's see... hmmm... I can't think of any other historic events I've actually witnessed in person.

I was at the Reds' last game at Riverfront, and the softball game right after that in which Pete Rose and several other Big Red Machine players participated.

I was at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego, back in 1990 when RoseAnne Barr sang the National Anthem before the Reds-Padres game. It was one of the most disrespectful things I have ever sing. :irked: I was also in attendance for Pete Rose's last AB ever in 1986 when he struck out against Goose Gossage.

If Barry slows down, I'm heading to San Fran at the end of July and might witness 755 or 756.

I was at the concession stand getting something for my wife when Eric Davis completed his cycle in 1989. :irked:

I was at the longest game in College World Series history...:banana: :banana:

I was at the longest game in College World Series history...:banana: :banana:

Must have been fun. :D

1.I got to see Jack Nicklaus hang out with Muhammed Ali at Valhalla while watching a PGA practice round.

 

2. I witnessed Gametime pass The Guru in number of posts on BGP.

The Male/Trinity state championship game was a great night with my dad.

I was coaching when we broke Breathitt's 42 game win streak.

I was on the goal post when UK beat Bama.

The Reds games that stand out as a kid were the All Star game when Steinbech hit the HR to win it, Johnny Bench night (when he hit the HR and it was unreal for me) and Tony Perez night.

I'm going to have to think on this one because I know there have been a couple of times I've said to myself this is history in the making.

I guess the Judds/Ricky Skaggs concert at Lawrence Co high school before they released their 1st big albums and Billy Ray at Ritter Park a couple of weeks before he ache breaky hit it big count in a small way.

Lawrence County breaking the Breathitt streak.

Watching Garth Brooks live at Camden Park before he made it big. :D

Not nationally historic but I watched St. X grad Clark Burckle break the state record in the 100 yard breaststroke in 2006 and Colin Faris break the 50 yard freestyle state record and Tyler Reed break the 200 yard freestyle state record in 2007.

The last opening day and the last regular season game in Busch Stadium.

 

McDonalds All American in which Kevin Garnett, Antawn Jamison, Vince Carter, Ron Mercer, Tractor Traylor, and many others were in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.