Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAndre Liggens to UK??

Featured Replies

Unless I forgot about something, UK and UL only played once each season, or did they meet in the tournament. Pitino only coached UK for 8 seasons.

 

You're right, Pitino was 6-2 against UL while at UK. Tubby Smith was 6-3 against UL 2-1 against Crum and 4-2 against Pitino.

  • Replies 158
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the 1990-current span that was quoted, Pitino went 6-2 (75%) losing to Louisville in '95 and '97. So that's well outside the average with Pitino on the other side of the fence, which is a 1 game flip from being even.

In the 1990-current span that was quoted, Pitino went 6-2 (75%) losing to Louisville in '95 and '97. So that's well outside the average with Pitino on the other side of the fence, which is a 1 game flip from being even.

 

But UK under Pitinio / Tubby won 67% of the time against UL under Crum, and Tubby has won 67% of the time agaisnt UL under Pitino. So UK's success rate against UL overall seems pretty consistent to me.

In the 1990-current span that was quoted, Pitino went 6-2 (75%) losing to Louisville in '95 and '97. So that's well outside the average with Pitino on the other side of the fence, which is a 1 game flip from being even.

 

He actually lost to UL in December 89 and January 95. You can look at it as one game from being even (of course that would also make it a one game flip from bein 1-5) or a .667 winning percentage vs. a .750 winning percentage or .083 different, in other words a very similar percentage.

He actually lost to UL in December 89 and January 95. You can look at it as one game from being even (of course that would also make it a one game flip from bein 1-5) or a .667 winning percentage vs. a .750 winning percentage or .083 different, in other words a very similar percentage.
That's my point. 4-2 in 6 games is a tangible difference from, say, 40-20 in 60 games. I realize the percentages are the same, but it's not the same thing. The smaller frame makes a difference. You're a one game flip in either direction from 50% (3-3) to 16% (1-5.)

^^UK has dominated U of L and will continue to dominate them under Gillispie.

^^UK has dominated U of L and will continue to dominate them under Gillispie.
6-4 in the past 10 is domination? If UofL wins the matchup this coming season (I personally anticipate that they will) that will move the record to 6-5 in the past 11 matchups. A one game flip from Louisville leading the series in that span.
6-4 in the past 10 is domination? If UofL wins the matchup this coming season (I personally anticipate that they will) that will move the record to 6-5 in the past 11 matchups. A one game flip from Louisville leading the series in that span.

That is a big IF but, if it does come true they are still 5 championships away and 76 miles away from a city I like to call the King of Kentucky basketball.:banana:

That is a big IF but, if it does come true they are still 5 championships away and 76 miles away from a city I like to call the King of Kentucky basketball.:banana:
Don't even get me started on the "7 Titles." I'd really like to stop talking about Louisville all together in this thread, the only reason we are is because of a pretty silly statement about Louisville suddenly fearing Kentucky's recruiting. And I know I'm the one that's going to get accused of threadjacking...
I don't think he was actually offered a ride.

 

My bad...I thought I heard or read somewhere that he could have had a scholly to play football at SC. :thumb:

Don't even get me started on the "7 Titles." I'd really like to stop talking about Louisville all together in this thread, the only reason we are is because of a pretty silly statement about Louisville suddenly fearing Kentucky's recruiting. And I know I'm the one that's going to get accused of threadjacking...

 

Thread. Jacker. ;)

6-4 in the past 10 is domination? If UofL wins the matchup this coming season (I personally anticipate that they will) that will move the record to 6-5 in the past 11 matchups. A one game flip from Louisville leading the series in that span.

 

12-5, Louisville has little to no chance in Rupp (where they win once in a blue moon), that will make it 13-5, which is a "one game flip" from 14-4.:laugh:

 

Please, no more "one game flips." That's the dumbest sports term ever...:D Just say "And if we hadn't had lost that one game.."

12-5, Louisville has little to no chance in Rupp (where they win once in a blue moon), that will make it 13-5, which is a "one game flip" from 14-4.:laugh:

Please, no more "one game flips." That's the dumbest sports term ever...:D Just say "And if we hadn't had lost that one game.."

Agreed.

6-4 in the past 10 is domination? If UofL wins the matchup this coming season (I personally anticipate that they will) that will move the record to 6-5 in the past 11 matchups. A one game flip from Louisville leading the series in that span.

 

 

Look People, This is what Makes this Match-up one of the best in the nation, and IF it keeps up like this, I dont see why this couldn't be the best Rivalry in College Basketball, I believe it is now, IMO...

 

RP is working his butt off, to bing in as Top 10 Class, So Is BCG, I think both will be Top 5, and no doubt Top 10.

Look People, This is what Makes this Match-up one of the best in the nation, and IF it keeps up like this, I dont see why this couldn't be the best Rivalry in College Basketball, I believe it is now, IMO...

 

RP is working his butt off, to bing in as Top 10 Class, So Is BCG, I think both will be Top 5, and no doubt Top 10.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

Fans have to REALLY be burying their heads in the sand to believe anyone will be waving the white flag in this series anytime soon. Before Billy Clyde's arrival, I was pretty sure that the end of the Jump Era would translate into an eventual domination by Louisville of the series. Tremendous respect for Tubby as a coach, but I just felt that Pitino would finally be able to coach every Sebastian Telfair, Amir Johnson and Donta Smith that had previously made the mistake of going pro out of high school.

 

With Gillispie recruiting, it will be even better- this rivalry is going to make that corporate N.C. stuff look tame.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.