Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU Basketball

Featured Replies

  • Replies 48
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just saw in the newspaper today that the Men's Basketball team got a transfer from Wisconsin Basketball team

 

Do you mean from a team in Wisconsin or do you mean from the Badgers?

Do you mean from a team in Wisconsin or do you mean from the Badgers?

 

UW-Madison, UW-Parkside, really, what is the difference? :devil:

UW-Madison, UW-Parkside, really, what is the difference? :devil:

 

Of course, Terry Porter came from UW-Stevens Point so maybe we're getting a stud.

When's the arena supposed to Open?

 

Last I heard was Spring/Summer of '08.

Is James Cripe still playing for the Norse or did he graduate? He lived down the hall from me before he transferred away from Dayton. I always wished him the best.

Is James Cripe still playing for the Norse or did he graduate? He lived down the hall from me before he transferred away from Dayton. I always wished him the best.

 

Graduated. Got picked up by some NBA's summer team.

When's the arena supposed to Open?

 

From what I know, it's going to open up for the NKU graduation on May 10th.

 

The school administration has actually pushed back the start of the Spring 08 semester a week so we're getting a Winter Break that lasts from December 15-January 13.

 

The artist renderings of the Bank of Kentucky Center look awesome....can't wait for it to open....should be a great place to watch a game or work a game for me.

 

 

 

For those who are wondering about Steven Wright, you can go to the NKU Athletics webpage at http://www.nkunorse.com and look at the front page.

  • Author

I am pretty sure it was Badgers. It was in the Kentucky Post

Wondering, any chance they'll sell beer at the new arena?

Wondering, any chance they'll sell beer at the new arena?

 

This I can tell you from what I know....when NKU plays their home games, beer will not be sold because technically it's still on campus.

I wish that they would sell beers at their games. I know it may sound bad, but I know that more students would attend the game. The Hockey Club sells alcohol at their games beacuse they play off campus and they always have good turnouts.

 

As for the new arena, statmanhensley is correct, the hope is for it to be done for graduation in May of 2008 and from conversations I've had with administrators it should be ready in time.

The school put a committee together last year, I believe, and came to the conclusion that going D1 is not in their best interest.

 

I think it will be quite some time before we go D1...and I would agree with the committee on this one.

This I can tell you from what I know....when NKU plays their home games, beer will not be sold because technically it's still on campus.

What about at a non-university affilated events. Like a concert or WWE event for example.

I think you'll see some changes about alcohol on campus when the new arena is finished. The dorms will still be dry, but I think that for different events there will be alcohol allowed within the arena, not for NCAA basketball games though.

 

Just my thought.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.