August 16, 200719 yr Here is my list of players that I think could have played at NKU in the last couple of years from the Central Kentucky area that could have helped the NKU team and generate a larger Kentucky fan base but for whatever reason you never heard NKU involved with. Rob Ogden- Harrison County 1997 Marvin Boyers- Harrison County 1996 Matt Pendley- Harrison County 1996 Brian Kirk- Augusta 2004 Keaton Belcher- Pendleton County 2005 Joey Verax- Pendleton County 2005 Patrick Elliot- Pendleton County 2006 Micah Turner- Mason County 2006 Jared Litzinger- Mason County 2004 Timmy Myrick- Mason County 1994 Bennie Elliott- Harrison County 1994 Stephen Staggs- Deming 1995 Daniel Brown- Nicholas County 1992 Orlando Myrick- Maysville/Mason County 1992 Maurice Gaggard- Paris- 1996 David Turner- Pendleton County 1997 Jason White- Gallatin County 1999 Jason Sharp- Owen County 1996 Jason Earlywine-Bourbon County 2000 Brad Bussell- Nicholas County 1996 Craig Williams- Bourbon County 2000 Kyle Sherman- Mason County 1995
August 17, 200719 yr Here is my list of players that I think could have played at NKU in the last couple of years from the Central Kentucky area that could have helped the NKU team and generate a larger Kentucky fan base but for whatever reason you never heard NKU involved with. Why would any of the listed players generate more fans showing up? They already have local players and no one shows up.
August 19, 200719 yr Why would any of the listed players generate more fans showing up? They already have local players and no one shows up. I completely agree with cshs81. I would take someone like Steven Wright who will put people in seats because he'll dunk on top of someone and it a solid player, than someone with no where near the talent from Central KY.
August 19, 200719 yr You totally have taken what I said out of context, if the right pitch was made to kids like the two above examples a kid like Belcher might be inclined to stay home and play a level down. From what I'm hearing NKU just does make the pitch, now I don't know if they just don't respect central Kentucky high school basketball or they just want to recruit the Cincinnati area. Also, I don't care what level Verax went he could have contributed at NKU. Lets try again. The talent level in Cincinnati is far and away superior to Central Ky. The objective is to get the best players and win games, not to recruit kids from certain areas so mom and pop will come watch. The basketball program at NKU has been very successful. There is a reason for that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.