Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK may consider small man lineup...

Featured Replies

What is your opinion on a 4 gaurd lineup... What would your starting 5 look like...

I am in favor of any lineup that the coach see's fit that can WIN! ;)

I think UK will have to go with a smaller lineup. I think you start Patterson or Stevenson, maybe both if you absolutely have to go big. But there is no way I would start Carter. He has shown me absolutely nothing in the year or so he has played. Unless he is the most improved player in the country I would not start him.

 

Right now my starters would be:

Ramel Bradley

Joe Crawford

Jodie Meeks

Derrick Jasper

Perry Stevenson / Patrick Patterson

You will see Stevenson and Patterson both start out the game but don't be surprised to see the 4 guard lineup used alot, especially down the wire in the 2nd half.

Hasn't Gillispie said that he thinks Carter could have a monster year?

Hasn't Gillispie said that he thinks Carter could have a monster year?

Monster meaning ugly??

I am in favor of any lineup that the coach see's fit that can WIN! ;)

:thumb:

I may be in the minority here but I never like getting into the intricacies of breaking down lineups and/or style of play. That was one thing that I never bought into during Tubby's tenure...that he "needs to run more". They're the coaches for a reason. So whether BCG starts 5 guards, 5 big men, or a mix of both, could not matter less to me. And whether he wants to run-n-gun and score 90 points a night or dribble around and look for good/open shots and win 50-49 every night, is overrated in my book. Winning is all that matters and it doesn't matter how it gets done. If I had to choose a lineup though...

 

Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Patterson, Carter.

I may be in the minority here but I never like getting into the intricacies of breaking down lineups and/or style of play. That was one thing that I never bought into during Tubby's tenure...that he "needs to run more". They're the coaches for a reason. So whether BCG starts 5 guards, 5 big men, or a mix of both, could not matter less to me. And whether he wants to run-n-gun and score 90 points a night or dribble around and look for good/open shots and win 50-49 every night, is overrated in my book. Winning is all that matters and it doesn't matter how it gets done. If I had to choose a lineup though...

 

Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Patterson, Carter.

That is probably what the lineup will look like to start the year. Stevenson may end up taking Carter's spot in the lineup and it will be hard to keep Jasper and Legion off the floor. I'm sure you will see the 4 guard line up from time to time, and it would be some combo of Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper, and Legion with Patterson, Stevenson, or Carter.

Hasn't Gillispie said that he thinks Carter could have a monster year?

 

Its sad when the UofL fans are coming to a UK player's defense.

 

Nobody knows what Carter will do this year. He could do terrible, or he could really shine. The UK fans not even giving him a chance are driving me nuts.

I may be in the minority here but I never like getting into the intricacies of breaking down lineups and/or style of play. That was one thing that I never bought into during Tubby's tenure...that he "needs to run more". They're the coaches for a reason. So whether BCG starts 5 guards, 5 big men, or a mix of both, could not matter less to me. And whether he wants to run-n-gun and score 90 points a night or dribble around and look for good/open shots and win 50-49 every night, is overrated in my book. Winning is all that matters and it doesn't matter how it gets done. If I had to choose a lineup though...

 

 

Well said. :thumb:

Carter has not got too many chances to do anything.I think he could be a pretty good player if given the chance to play a little more.He can only improve on his game and has only played one year.Maybe under a different coach he will get it together I hope.

You never know who might flourish under a new system. I'm excited, if for no other reason, than just for the anticipation of the unknown.

I may be in the minority here but I never like getting into the intricacies of breaking down lineups and/or style of play. That was one thing that I never bought into during Tubby's tenure...that he "needs to run more". They're the coaches for a reason. So whether BCG starts 5 guards, 5 big men, or a mix of both, could not matter less to me. And whether he wants to run-n-gun and score 90 points a night or dribble around and look for good/open shots and win 50-49 every night, is overrated in my book. Winning is all that matters and it doesn't matter how it gets done.

:thumb: Excatly! Great post and comments. As I said earlier, I want whatever lineup that the coach see's fit that will WIN! :ylsuper:

What is your opinion on a 4 gaurd lineup... What would your starting 5 look like...

 

Do you have a link to this where they are saying they are considering it, or is this just your opinion....

 

Im sure we will see some 4 guard lineups in games, but we wont see a starting lineup of it IMO...

 

Bradley

Meeks

Crawford

Patterson

Carter

 

Thats the lineup I think we see to start next year, and then that could change depending on how people play...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.