June 6, 200719 yr Hasn't Gillispie said that he thinks Carter could have a monster year? I have not heard Gillispie really say anything much at all about his players. He has said himself that he hasn't really got a good feel for them yet. Carter has potential, but its hard to say how well he will end up being.
June 6, 200719 yr Do you have a link to this where they are saying they are considering it, or is this just your opinion.... Im sure we will see some 4 guard lineups in games, but we wont see a starting lineup of it IMO... Bradley Meeks Crawford Patterson Carter Thats the lineup I think we see to start next year, and then that could change depending on how people play... Here was the read today on Kentucky.com. Enjoy! :thumb: http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/89729.html
June 7, 200719 yr I believe that Meeks is going to be a Haye's type leader with the ability to take over games on the offensive end. He is going to be special.
June 7, 200719 yr I thought I seen where BG said that Carter impressed him more then any other player on the team ( That says a lot )......So Maybe with the help of BG and his staff, Carter will be a huge help to UK next year.
June 7, 200719 yr I heard from someone who's around the scene that Legion is the real deal, and is giving Crawford all he can handle in pick-up games. I believe he will see a lot of action next season.
June 7, 200719 yr ^ I believe that as well..Championship teams have to have a good bench and it only becomes that way with experience. Legion will get playing time and he will make the most of it.
June 7, 200719 yr Carter has not got too many chances to do anything.I think he could be a pretty good player if given the chance to play a little more.He can only improve on his game and has only played one year.Maybe under a different coach he will get it together I hope. He was an awkward 7' frosh and was playing behind a current NBA player (Morris), and suffered the shoulder injury which cost him all of last season. I think the injury hurt his progress more than who was his coach. If he has worked as hard as I am hearing, he will be a very pleasant surprise.
June 7, 200719 yr I still think Jasper cracks the starting line-up...maybe not at the point, but, somewhere.... Jasper Meeks Crawford Bradley Patterson I think this is the likely starters with Stevenson, Legion, Carter also getting good minutes....Personally, I don't see Porter getting much playing time and I believe he may be one to transfer at seasons end. AJ and Ramon will play some, but, I feel they'll be more helpful 2 years down the road...
June 7, 200719 yr Its sad when the UofL fans are coming to a UK player's defense. Nobody knows what Carter will do this year. He could do terrible, or he could really shine. The UK fans not even giving him a chance are driving me nuts. I hate how people think he deserves more chances than others. More than half of the people on every board think Carter should start and that "he needs the chance." Maybe not with everyone, but with most, they think he is going to have good numbers next year and he didn't have them previously because he was behind Morris and was injured, but a lot just want to give him the chance because he is from Kentucky. I know if he was from Oregon and was the exact same player, same injuries, and same playing time throughout his career, he wouldn't be mentioned nearly as much as he is since he is a Kentucky native. Just my opinion, though. I think too many people give him or any other Kentucky player the edge because of where they're from, and not because of talent.
June 8, 200719 yr I would start out with Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Patterson, and Carter. Then bring in Jasper because Bradley doesn't want to be a point guard, so move him to the 2 man. When Carter and Bradley need a break, bring in Stewart or Stevenson and Legion. That would be a small and young lineup, with Jasper, Meeks, Legion, Stewart or Stevenson, and Patterson, I believe they will be playing a lot with each other this year. Then when there is a tight game, put in Jasper to handle the ball, Meeks and Bradley for their scoring, Patterson for his defense and hustle, and Carter for his inside presence on offense and defense.
June 8, 200719 yr I hate how people think he deserves more chances than others. More than half of the people on every board think Carter should start and that "he needs the chance." Maybe not with everyone, but with most, they think he is going to have good numbers next year and he didn't have them previously because he was behind Morris and was injured, but a lot just want to give him the chance because he is from Kentucky. I know if he was from Oregon and was the exact same player, same injuries, and same playing time throughout his career, he wouldn't be mentioned nearly as much as he is since he is a Kentucky native. Just my opinion, though. I think too many people give him or any other Kentucky player the edge because of where they're from, and not because of talent. You're correct with your points, but why wouldn't we pull for a Ky kid. As long as he's as good as the next player, but don't just play because he's from Ky.
June 8, 200719 yr You're correct with your points, but why wouldn't we pull for a Ky kid. As long as he's as good as the next player, but don't just play because he's from Ky. I want UK to win no matter who is on the court. If Carter is the best we've got then play him, if not then play who ever is. I don't care if a kid lived next door to me or is from Alaska, if he's the best we've got then play him. It's that simple. I love UK basketball and I want to see them win, if they play a home town kid then great but if not and we still win then it shouldn't matter. Too many people obsess over home town kids and thinking they should start. It's like parents with their kids thinking they are the best when they're not. Carter should have no more of a chance then anyone else right now. If anything he has more to prove because of the injury and Stevenson is a step ahead because he was at least healthy last year and played some, experience has Stevenson a little ahead of Carter. But who knows till the season starts on what either play will do on the court, who knows we may have a center by committee.
June 8, 200719 yr I would go with Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Legion, and Patterson. My exact starting five . You would have Speed, Shooting, and Talent. I remember when Arkansas played in the 1978 NCAA , and they had a great small team that included 3 Guard Offense.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.