Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Satelite Radio

Featured Replies

I'm going to purchase me a satelite radio and I was just wanting some peopls opinions on the best ones to go with. I live the fact of Sirius having NFL, but I really like the fact of XM having MLB, which does people on here recomend and why?

  • Author

Yeah they are, but from what I have understood is they still might keep seperate things you know. A guy at Radio Shack told me that tonight. I thought they was both going to merge together and be all good. But he may not know what he is talking about.

My wife has had Sirius since Christmas, and I received on for my BDay today, I absolutely love it. I would like to have the MLB capability but I'm a Reds fan and I can catch them on 700 every game so I really have little use for the rest of the league.

  • Author
My wife has had Sirius since Christmas, and I received on for my BDay today, I absolutely love it. I would like to have the MLB capability but I'm a Reds fan and I can catch them on 700 every game so I really have little use for the rest of the league.

My problem is its so hard to get them on 700 or anywere for me. Eastern KY has no radio coverage no more. So it makes my decision tough.

Aren't they merging?

Sirius and XM are looking to finalize their merger by the end of this year, It still has to pass through the Fed's, but from I am told it looks good.

Sirius and XM are looking to finalize their merger by the end of this year, It still has to pass through the Fed's, but from I am told it looks good.

 

If that garbage bill the record companies have put before Congress passes, they might have no choice. What a joke. It will completely kill Internet radio.

My guess is after the merge, everyone will get the same basic package and you will have to pay for each sports package you want.

I have had Sirius for about 2 years in a car and purchased a boom box to play in home , and I just bought a new Santa Fe with XM installed . All in all I like Sirius better but ive only listened to XM for a week so maybe XM will grow on me .

We bought my dad an XM radio a few years back for MLB and he absolutely loves it!

 

Of course he also likes being able to listen to his big band stuff too.

I've had both and like the programming choices on Sirius MUCH better.

My problem is its so hard to get them on 700 or anywere for me. Eastern KY has no radio coverage no more. So it makes my decision tough.

The Reds are on in EKY...Williamson--1400, Pikeville 1240, Elkhorn City 1460

 

BTW...I have Sirius...my son has XM...I like Sirius much better.

I have Sirius and I love it. Great channels and picks up great signal anywhere I go.

I honestly think it is what you get used to. I have had XM for about 4 years now and wouldnt have anything else. I have friends that started out with Sirius and say the same thing. Once you have one or the other, you wont want to switch.

I honestly think it is what you get used to. I have had XM for about 4 years now and wouldnt have anything else. I have friends that started out with Sirius and say the same thing. Once you have one or the other, you wont want to switch.

Exactly... :thumb:

 

As far as music choices, the stations are pretty much the same.

 

It really comes down to if you want the MLB package or the NFL/Nascar package. Each carry their share of the other sports. I guess it is what ever floats your boat, but I am guessing the NFL package is a lot more in depth and popular during the off season. I cannot see the baseball deal with XM being that wildly popular outside of the regular season listening to your team's games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.