Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Satelite Radio

Featured Replies

My g/f got me XM for my birthday and I love it, she got installed in my truck, its the one that can also be used as an mp3 player, so i can move it freely from truck to the gym or to my desk at the office, I get my moneys worth for sure

The SEC will be on XM beginning this Fall.

I honestly think it is what you get used to. I have had XM for about 4 years now and wouldnt have anything else. I have friends that started out with Sirius and say the same thing. Once you have one or the other, you wont want to switch.

Spoken like an XM subscriber. I have heard of a lot more people switching from XM to Sirius, than the other way around.

I prefer XM cause of the MLB coverage. I care nothing to listen to NFL on the radio but XM is usually my only option for Chicago Cubs coverage

Spoken like an XM subscriber. I have heard of a lot more people switching from XM to Sirius, than the other way around.

 

XM has more subscribers than Sirius, it must not be that terrible.

Is there really that big of a difference in the 2, I have a sirus and my parents have an XM and aside from the stations not much difference. You can find any kinda of music and sport you want to listen to on either of them.

Is there really that big of a difference in the 2, I have a sirus and my parents have an XM and aside from the stations not much difference. You can find any kinda of music and sport you want to listen to on either of them.

 

I have both as well. I have XM in my car and I get the music channels on Sirius through Dish Network (XM is part of the packages on Direct TV)

 

From a music standpoint they are pretty similar. If you have to have Baseball or a particular NCAA conference on XM than XM would be your choice, however, it you have to have NASCAR, NFL, Notre Dame football, or Howard Stern than Sirius is for you. From a music standpoint, I think an Ipod would be preferrable to either.

 

I rarely listen to music on my XM, I mostly listen to ESPN, Fox Sports Radio, Opie & Anthony, Ron & Fez, Comedy, or CNN & Fox News.

My g/f got me XM for my birthday and I love it, she got installed in my truck, its the one that can also be used as an mp3 player, so i can move it freely from truck to the gym or to my desk at the office, I get my moneys worth for sure

 

You must be one heck of a boyfriend, you've been dating for not so long and already get XM, I've been with my wife for 10years and I finally get Sirius.

I had XM for about 6 months in 2002. I really liked the quality and selection of the music, but for me personally I got tired of it quickly. I missed the local news, weather, and sports. I missed Rush Limbaugh, the Reds (MLB wasn't available then). Now you can get WLW on XM, so it might be better now. I just felt like I was missing alot of the local scene. It got to the point where I was switching over to the locals more and more all the time and my $9.95 a month seemed like a waste. If I was on vacation or drove a great distance I would highly recommend it...

I have Sirius and it does has good sports coverage, along with many other features.

Not so quick on the merger. There is big money opposition (National Association of Broadcasters) to combing the two services. It will be a long battle if it happens at all.

 

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6450134.html

 

http://images.radcity.net/5173/1976522.pdf

 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/business/news/e3if6219759863b5ce9d4d8e9b31055b303

XM has more subscribers than Sirius, it must not be that terrible.

XM hit the scene first.

Don't most Toyota's have XM radio? That would make for a ton of subscriptions right there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.