Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donovan having second thoughts?

Featured Replies

It sounds to me like that all the talk about how college coaches usually fail at the nba level has gotten to Donovan.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who does he think he is. Made a decision to leave NCAA to go to the Pro level and take the money, now want to come back. Glad he did not do this to UK!

If I am Grant, I have alot of questions!

If I am Grant, I have alot of questions!

 

He can still make VCU the "Zaga of the East".

This makes it a little easier to believe the people that had stated that BD had agreed to become the next UK head coach before he finally said no.

He's lucky SportsAddict is not the AD. You know what he'd say:

 

If the Gators aren't your first choice......

 

Come on now break out the reading glasses I said UK! Let the Morris grudge go it's over. And technically old buddy.. the Gators did come before the Magic lol.

 

Suddenly the Lucas lovers... aren't loving anymore ehhh?

He hasn't signed a contract yet, according to that article.

 

I'm sorry if I missed this one guys, I haven't talked to anyone all weekend.

 

I will see what I can find out.

"Rash decision"?...referencing the quote in the article.

This had been going on for a while, I thought?

They had been talking for over a week.

 

But if this does go down and he's back, where does it leave your UK or the NBA talk?

 

The UK job was not some mystical "dream job" most have referenced, I know you haven't.

Where does it leave it? It leaves it with a guy torn about what he wants to do. I think he wants to go, but having a tough time leaving his family.

 

Good question, however, his flip-flopping surely gives credence to what I was told about him and UK. Hammers out a deal through his agent which had gone on for a few weeks, then when the time comes, he gets cold feet.

 

Bret Bearup a former advisor for Donovan and close friend, told many people that Donovan would seriously consider the UK job, he lobbied hard for it after Pitino left, but ultimately wanted to give the NBA a spin.

 

If he does return, which at this very moment seems likely, it will be good for college hoops and not so good for the Magic.

On ESPN last night, they said he had in fact signed the contract.

 

I think this is a shady move, and I if it comes to be, I'll have lost all respect for Billy D.

 

If I'm the Magic I tell him I'm not letting him out of the contract, wait until the Gators hire a new coach, then fire his butt. I just think it's absolutely pathetic that a guy accepts a job and then three days later says no, nevermind....

On ESPN last night, they said he had in fact signed the contract.

 

I think this is a shady move, and I if it comes to be, I'll have lost all respect for Billy D.

 

If I'm the Magic I tell him I'm not letting him out of the contract, wait until the Gators hire a new coach, then fire his butt. I just think it's absolutely pathetic that a guy accepts a job and then three days later says no, nevermind....

 

 

I'm pretty sure they pay him if they fire him. I doubt they go down that road.

I think this is a shady move, and I if it comes to be, I'll have lost all respect for Billy D.

 

If I'm the Magic I tell him I'm not letting him out of the contract, wait until the Gators hire a new coach, then fire his butt. I just think it's absolutely pathetic that a guy accepts a job and then three days later says no, nevermind....

That's about the most ridiculous couple of paragraphs I've ever seen on here.

 

I can't decide if it's your hatred for Donovan not coming to KY or if you just have issues beyond that, but relax man. Have you never changed your mind about something?

That's about the most ridiculous couple of paragraphs I've ever seen on here.

 

I can't decide if it's your hatred for Donovan not coming to KY or if you just have issues beyond that, but relax man. Have you never changed your mind about something?

 

I always said Donovan wouldn't come to UK. Don't care about that one bit. In fact I even said I gained a lot of respect for him the way he handled himself during that whole process. I just don't understand how someone can make a decision like this and than backout of it within 72 hours. Seems pretty pathetic to me.

 

And to answer your question, no, I have never changed my mind about a job...

Florida should go ahead and proceed with Anthony Grant or whoever their next target would be. Billy D has been dangling the University of Florida with both Kentucky and now the Magic. Orlando, who doesn't want to face the PR nightmare with the hiring and then letting him out of the contract, the season ticket sales that was a result of Donovans hiring, should stick with the contract that has been signed and then let Billy be on the receiving end of some dangling and see how it is on the other side of the fence.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Florida would have already hired a coach. I think he is becoming more of a joke everyday. First he leads on UK, then says his heart is in Florida, then talks with Memphis, then backs off it, then gets close to signing an extension, then signs with the Magic, and now he's having second thoughts? What a joke!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.