Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donovan having second thoughts?

Featured Replies

I always said Donovan wouldn't come to UK. Don't care about that one bit. In fact I even said I gained a lot of respect for him the way he handled himself during that whole process. I just don't understand how someone can make a decision like this and than backout of it within 72 hours. Seems pretty pathetic to me.

 

And to answer your question, no, I have never changed my mind about a job...

cshs81 says it great.

While its not common and its in the public eye, changing one's mind about a job does not make one a bad person or a less credible person. It just goes to show that cold feet happens regardless of the size of contract.
  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing by this that should Billy return to Florida he will be ending his career there. IMO, he's not going to leave Florida for another college. Pretty much everything about the Orlando job lines up for him taking it. If that one is not desirable to him, and since there'll never be a top NBA team hiring him straight out of college, I just can't see him ever making the jump. That and the fact that this would be a cautionary tale to other NBA teams.

While I don't think it makes him less of a person, if I'm a Florida fan, I have to second guess his commitment to the program. It's like if your girl cheats on your (with UK), you take her back because you knew she wanted you more anyway, but then she cheats on you again (this time big time). Do you take her back just because she's smokin' hot?

I don't really care if Donovan ends up back at Florida or not, but I feel as though he has certainly hurt his credibility with potential recruits with all that has transpired over the last couple of months.

 

The NBA may not be an option for him anytime soon if he backs out of his deal.........which is good news for Florida fans and probably for him and his coaching rep as well.

While I don't think it makes him less of a person, if I'm a Florida fan, I have to second guess his commitment to the program. It's like if your girl cheats on your (with UK), you take her back because you knew she wanted you more anyway, but then she cheats on you again (this time big time). Do you take her back just because she's smokin' hot?
Smokin hot?!?!? If she is then yes, you take her back, you just don't marry her!
Smokin hot?!?!? If she is then yes, you take her back, you just don't marry her!

:thumb: :lol:

IMO too much is being made of this in regards to BD's credibility. He was not actively seeking a job so UF can relax. He LISTENED to UK and the NBA seemed like the challenge to accept. IMO if he returns to UF, he's there for a long time.

He should have done all his "thinking" before he did a press conference. Was there something new in the mix? He could have taken the weekend to talk things out with his family. I think it definately hurts his credibility in several aspects (recruiting, future job prospects).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.