Morgan County's New Head Football Is...

Nets

Well.......here we go again.

Coach Stilwell has had to back out of taking the head football coaching position at Morgan County. Just hours after accepting the position, Coach Stilwell received some news about the health of a family member that was not positive, then another issue beyond his control compounded the once ecstatic new coach into a very disappointed one. The circumstances around him not taking this job centers around two things that happened beyond his control and he and his wife were eagerly awaiting their return trip to West LIberty this week. They loved the town, the school and the people they met. I'm sure Coach Stilwell if contacted by potential coaches would give a more than favorable recommendation to coach in Morgan County.

Coach Stilwell has had to back out of taking the head football coaching position at Morgan County. Just hours after accepting the position, Coach Stilwell received some news about the health of a family member that was not positive, then another issue beyond his control compounded the once ecstatic new coach into a very disappointed one. The circumstances around him not taking this job centers around two things that happened beyond his control and he and his wife were eagerly awaiting their return trip to West LIberty this week. They loved the town, the school and the people they met. I'm sure Coach Stilwell if contacted by potential coaches would give a more than favorable recommendation to coach in Morgan County.

Hate to hear this Nets, but as we all know...some things are out of our controll. Hate this for the coach and the kids at Morgan.

I hate to hear this. Sounded like you had a very good coach. Like GS said, some things are out of a persons control and the best of luck in finding a new coach.

Sorry to hear this, Morgan is having a time trying to get a new coach. Hopefully it is for the best, you never know, a better situation may come along. Good luck in the continued search.

I doubt he would want specifics on a internet website...but he was described as being as excited as possible about becoming the new head football coach and within hours...things in North Carolina, not Kentucky happened that is preventing...one thing is the health of a very close family member that he was unaware of. The 2nd, a previous domestic issue that would force him to make a decision.

Absolutely no blame is placed anywhere. A rare situation has occurred. Morgan County felt they were much better off this time around as opposed to the last, but unfortunately things happen that prevented it.

No sour grapes, just move on and press foward.

Absolutely no blame is placed anywhere. A rare situation has occurred. Morgan County felt they were much better off this time around as opposed to the last, but unfortunately things happen that prevented it.

No sour grapes, just move on and press foward.

Great post Nets, all class. :thumb:

Wow, I still question the administration there. This just does not happen in areas where the admin supports football.
No need to question the Administration, because I can be perfectly honest when I say this, you'll not meet many finer people that the A.D. and several of their coaches.

I have the utmost respect, for them, their fans and coaches. From what I've read, many of us would make the same exact decision, is faced.

Is this True???? That he had to quit.
Welcome to BGP hokieman and visit the New Member Forum...