Not sure what to think of this.....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent heard anything at all about this but my mother is very close to Pete Fraley. My sister has played high school ball under Pete since her 8th grade year. I'll get my mom to call Pete tonight and see if she can get anything out of him.

Honestly, this wouldnt be that big of a shock to me. I stated in one of the threads earlier this month that I didnt see why Zornes would come back to Boyd and take the risk of ruining his coaching legacy in this area. When Zornes' name came into play for the Boyd job I immediately thought that the future must look good or we're getting some type of help coming from another school next year.

I'll see what I can dig up for you guys.

The following is something that was sent to me from someone. I have ZERO personal knowledge of how true any of this is, I am just posting what they sent to me. I am just wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this. I cannot say who sent this to me, I can say that they know the region really well but once again I want to make it clear that I am only posting what they sent to me and I cannot say whether or not this is happening.

"Inside Source says that Boyd County Lady Lions Head Coach Pete Fraley is going to apply for the top assistant coach for the Boyd County Boys Program which is going to be directed by Roger Zornes. Zornes will be able to take an already competetive coach in Fraley and groom for the Head Coaching job one day for the boys.

Also my inside source states that the Boyd County Administration is going to pursue two time regional winner and State Runner Up - Coach Pam Euton from Rose Hill Christian a nearby private school in Ashland, to take over for the struggling Lady Lions. Along with Coach Euton will be her Freshman Phenom son Dakota Euton. If Coach Euton decides to take the job Dakota would be eligible to play this coming year for one of the greatest coaches ever in the 16th region in Roger Zornes. If this deal pan outs then Boyd County will for sure be a team to be reckoned with for years to come both in girls and in boys."

Can't see this happening, from what I've heard Fraley wants to coach his daughter.

Could be that Fraley will coach boys until his daughter gets to the high school ranks and then switch back to being girls head coach again. This could be part of the "deal". I personally don't think that this is going to happen. To many tumblers would have to click perfectly in place for this to become a reality, but stranger things have happened. At this point its all just speculation. If it does happen, the bad-blood that some RH-Ashalnd fans hold for each other will be replaced with a Boyd - RH feud.

I guess I should have been more clear.......I heard from Fraleys own mouth that he intended to coach the girls team at Boyd County until his daughter had graduated. At that time he indicated he may have interest in coaching a boys program IF he still wants to coach at all at that point.

I have heard the same thing-but my point is that his daughter will not be playing high school ball for a number of years. Fraley could coach boys for several years and then switch back to girls basketball to coach his daughter at the high school level.

This is really funny. I'd be curious to know the "source" (who will remain anonymous). That whole scenario would cause this forum to overload if it came to pass. I just think it's funny how now that Euton and Jackson are the caliber player that they are, these what-if scenarios seem to pop up like someone has some intimate knowledge. I'm sure that any program would like to have them, but c'mon....Heck, maybe that source has heard that Pam is going to coach at Elliott Co. and both Dakota and Chad are gonna spend the rest of their HS days in Sandy Hook, wow, now that would be something.

Just to clarify-I meant that I also heard that Fraley wanted to coach his daughter in high school basketball, NOT that this "Euton to Boyd' scenario would actually happen. I personally think the chances of this happening are slim to none. But if it did happen, Fraley could coach boys for a few years and then still have time to coach his daughter in high school.

Just to clarify-I meant that I also heard that Fraley wanted to coach his daughter in high school basketball, NOT that this "Euton to Boyd' scenario would actually happen. I personally think the chances of this happening are slim to none. But if it did happen, Fraley could coach boys for a few years and then still have time to coach his daughter in high school.

It's an awful big assumption to think that someone would take over the girls program with the understanding that Pete gets it back whenever he wants! You know what happens when you assume!;)

It's an awful big assumption to think that someone would take over the girls program with the understanding that Pete gets it back whenever he wants! You know what happens when you assume!;)

You get to manage the Reds?:cool: