Not sure what to think of this.....

The following is something that was sent to me from someone. I have ZERO personal knowledge of how true any of this is, I am just posting what they sent to me. I am just wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this. I cannot say who sent this to me, I can say that they know the region really well but once again I want to make it clear that I am only posting what they sent to me and I cannot say whether or not this is happening.

"Inside Source says that Boyd County Lady Lions Head Coach Pete Fraley is going to apply for the top assistant coach for the Boyd County Boys Program which is going to be directed by Roger Zornes. Zornes will be able to take an already competetive coach in Fraley and groom for the Head Coaching job one day for the boys.

Also my inside source states that the Boyd County Administration is going to pursue two time regional winner and State Runner Up - Coach Pam Euton from Rose Hill Christian a nearby private school in Ashland, to take over for the struggling Lady Lions. Along with Coach Euton will be her Freshman Phenom son Dakota Euton. If Coach Euton decides to take the job Dakota would be eligible to play this coming year for one of the greatest coaches ever in the 16th region in Roger Zornes. If this deal pan outs then Boyd County will for sure be a team to be reckoned with for years to come both in girls and in boys."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following is something that was sent to me from someone. I have ZERO personal knowledge of how true any of this is, I am just posting what they sent to me. I am just wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this. I cannot say who sent this to me, I can say that they know the region really well but once again I want to make it clear that I am only posting what they sent to me and I cannot say whether or not this is happening.

"Inside Source says that Boyd County Lady Lions Head Coach Pete Fraley is going to apply for the top assistant coach for the Boyd County Boys Program which is going to be directed by Roger Zornes. Zornes will be able to take an already competetive coach in Fraley and groom for the Head Coaching job one day for the boys.

Also my inside source states that the Boyd County Administration is going to pursue two time regional winner and State Runner Up - Coach Pam Euton from Rose Hill Christian a nearby private school in Ashland, to take over for the struggling Lady Lions. Along with Coach Euton will be her Freshman Phenom son Dakota Euton. If Coach Euton decides to take the job Dakota would be eligible to play this coming year for one of the greatest coaches ever in the 16th region in Roger Zornes. If this deal pan outs then Boyd County will for sure be a team to be reckoned with for years to come both in girls and in boys."

I'm not from the 16th region so I ask this: Is it a big deal that Fraley is joining the boys?

Secondly, how would the Euton kid be eligible to play immediately? Are they moving to a new school district (physically moving that is)?

Would the state's second rated freshman, Chad Jackson, accompany Euton on the "trip" and does this indicate that Coach Euton turned down the opportunity to coach the young ladies at Ballard? Wouldn't it be poetic justice for Coach Euton to accept the Boyd County job but to leave her son at Rose Hill? Rose Hill does appear to have a lot more supporting talent than is present at Boyd County for the next few years.

... If this deal pan outs then Boyd County will for sure be a team to be reckoned with for years to come both in girls and in boys."

IMO I think that Pete Fraley leaving the girls team would hurt Boyd's girls program more than Euton's coming to Boyd would help it. I'll be the first to congratulate RH in their success the last few seasons, but lets face it, having all-state caliber players on a team can make a coach look awfully good.

Regarding the boys situation, this would definitely place Boyd's boys team head and shoulder above the rest of the region. But just think of the contoversy - My mouth is already starting to water thinking about all the juicy BGPs posts if this rumor becomes a reality.

Can any RH posters lend any credence to this rumor?

From everything I have read, Rose Hill has never filed a complaint with KHSAA concerning the "transfer" of a student-athlete and history indicates that they have had several opportunities to complain. Wonder if that policy would change?

Its my understanding that the original school no longer has any factor in the KHSAA deciding to rule on a transfer. So even if RH would not "contest" any transfer, the KHSAA is still going to look at it and make sure THEIR rules are being followed.

Its my understanding that the original school no longer has any factor in the KHSAA deciding to rule on a transfer. So even if RH would not "contest" any transfer, the KHSAA is still going to look at it and make sure THEIR rules are being followed.

This must be fairly new. It certainly hasn't operated in this way in the past. However, if so, it is an improvement as long as KHSAA treats everyone the same and is objective rather than subjective.

If a child has a parent that teaches or works for a school district outside of where they live I believe they can play that year. As long as the KHSAA deems that the job is a legit job and not a farse to get the kid there. Which in this case it would be legit, because of her teaching and coaching there.

If a child has a parent that teaches or works for a school district outside of where they live I believe they can play that year. As long as the KHSAA deems that the job is a legit job and not a farse to get the kid there. Which in this case it would be legit, because of her teaching and coaching there.

How sure are you of this? I would think the KHSAA would still have the same requirements for players who have varsity experience. I'd actually be shocked if what you say is true.

I am not completely sure but I think that if your parent is an employee of the school system then it is like you live in that district. Like I said I am not saying I am right just from what i have heard done in the past. I am almost positive about this, because as long as they are directly employed by that certain school system then they don't have to sit out. Someone who is more rule knowledgable than I may be able to explain it better.