Not sure what to think of this.....

It's an awful big assumption to think that someone would take over the girls program with the understanding that Pete gets it back whenever he wants! You know what happens when you assume!;)

I agree:thumb: Not saying this will happen, but if this situation actually does occur (however unlikely), there will be some behind the scenes dealing making. I don’t think Fraley would take a pay cut to be an assistant for the boys AND give up an opportunity to coach his daughter, unless his final goal is to take over the boys head coaching job one day. This, however, is contrary to all I have heard about Fraley’s future plans.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to someone very very close to Coach Fraley and they said this was just a rumor. They said he was not interested in switching over to the boys team. He was very happy coaching the girls and his plan was to stay and coach his daughter.

This has been an interesting thread even though it has no factual basis. I have been particularly intrigued by the continual give and take about Coach Fraley and his coaching desires. I have been amused by the fact that there seems to be no one suggesting that, if such a scenerio were factual (which it isn't), no one finds an element in recruiting involved.

In other words, would it be recruiting if School BC offered a job to the coach of School RH if a condition precedent was that the coach bring her son with her? Obviously, it would be illegal activity regardless of any venue considerations or job "betterment". I'm surprised that so many who are otherwise knowledgeable about recruiting have overlooked this element of the discussion. Does anyone dispute this?

This has been an interesting thread even though it has no factual basis. I have been particularly intrigued by the continual give and take about Coach Fraley and his coaching desires. I have been amused by the fact that there seems to be no one suggesting that, if such a scenerio were factual (which it isn't), no one finds an element in recruiting involved.

In other words, would it be recruiting if School BC offered a job to the coach of School RH if a condition precedent was that the coach bring her son with her? Obviously, it would be illegal activity regardless of any venue considerations or job "betterment". I'm surprised that so many who are otherwise knowledgeable about recruiting have overlooked this element of the discussion. Does anyone dispute this?

Yes, that would be recruiting on Boyds part. I think people just assumed that if Euton were to be offered and take the Boyd job that her son would also attend Boyd.Thats a very big assumption. In my opinion Euton would just as likely stay at Rose Hill if his mom were to come to Boyd. She would be coaching at a school 5 miles down the road, not somewhere across the state.

In the event that Coach Euton did take the Boyd job and her son did join her and the transfer was legal then no, that would not be recruiting on Boyds part.

Yes, that would be recruiting on Boyds part. I think people just assumed that if Euton were to be offered and take the Boyd job that her son would also attend Boyd.Thats a very big assumption. In my opinion Euton would just as likely stay at Rose Hill if his mom were to come to Boyd. She would be coaching at a school 5 miles down the road, not somewhere across the state.

In the event that Coach Euton did take the Boyd job and her son did join her and the transfer was legal then no, that would not be recruiting on Boyds part.

If it is merely a job offer with absolutely no underlying motive on the part of the "offeror", I agree. However, all the"gymnastics" necessary for the move to be successful would cause one to question it. The first question might be, in light of the fact that BC has a well known coach who is not stepping down, why would a change be made? Nonetheless, it is good to see Coach Euton getting mentioned for other jobs- open (Ballard) and not open (BC). It speaks well of her and her ability to motivate young women.

BGP Rule #4: No school-specific (or general) recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No talking about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact http://www.khsaa.org to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

If it is merely a job offer with absolutely no underlying motive on the part of the "offeror", I agree. However, all the"gymnastics" necessary for the move to be successful would cause one to question it. The first question might be, in light of the fact that BC has a well known coach who is not stepping down, why would a change be made? Nonetheless, it is good to see Coach Euton getting mentioned for other jobs- open (Ballard) and not open (BC). It speaks well of her and her ability to motivate young women.

Maybe it speaks as much for her ability to produce athletically gifted offspring....