Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Billy G Being Honest With Patterson?

Featured Replies

No matter where he ends up, he will get more touches per game then he did while playing with OJ Mayo....

 

Very true!!!:thumb:

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a big misunderstanding...Billy G told PP he would get 15-20 shots a game*.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Provided he gets 10-15 offensive rebounds a game

^:lol: I think he will get 8-10 at the most...

He's being just as honest as Billy D and Coach K are with him....Like someone earlier said, he's telling him exactly what he wants to hear.

He's being just as honest as Billy D and Coach K are with him....Like someone earlier said, he's telling him exactly what he wants to hear.

:thumb: Excatly, and this thread started by a U.L. fan? :D Not biting on the obvious intent of this one. ;)

It's just telling a kid that he will get time, touches, and shots.

  • Author
:thumb: Excatly, and this thread started by a U.L. fan? :D Not biting on the obvious intent of this one. ;)
Was the article written by a UofL fan?

 

I think it's an excellent point. Joe B Hall also said you shouldn't tell a kid they'll get this many shots a game. I guess he's a Louisville homer.

Was the article written by a UofL fan?

 

I think it's an excellent point. Joe B Hall also said you shouldn't tell a kid they'll get this many shots a game. I guess he's a Louisville homer.

 

This could be one of those situations where people here one thing say another and things just escalate from there. I think it is wise not to jump to conclusions.

It may be a little far fetched, but it's not a bad plan to have.

 

Also, how can we, as outsiders, project how many touches Patterson (or any player) will get at Kentucky? Coach Gillispie has only been here for a few weeks, so we don't know how he plans to play. Or at least I'm a little unsure.

As I said in the thread about Donovan being "deceitful", this is what recruiting is... You do everything you can to sell the program to the kid and get him interested in joining your team. I see no fault in this at all personally... Just like I have no fault with a football coach telling a player what position he'll be playing while the recruiting game is going on, and playing him somewhere different when the season starts.

:thumb: Excatly, and this thread started by a U.L. fan? :D Not biting on the obvious intent of this one. ;)

 

The person who posted this thread has no effect on the content of the article...You use the same arguement every time, and it's getting old...:sleep:

He didn't take 16-20 shots all of last season. He's probably chomping at the bits!

Hopefully it worked to our advantage though.

I think it is funny how many people are concerned about how many shots a player is going to take in a season and worrying about whether BCG is completely honest with the player. :rolleyes: I am questioning how honest is PP with all the coaches who have recruited him. The players tell the coaches things they want to hear just like the coaches tell the players what they want to here. It is all a big courtship. I was always told believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.