Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Billy G Being Honest With Patterson?

Featured Replies

Not likely according to Jerry Tipton.

 

Permission to fire at will

 

IS GILLISPIE'S SHOT-PER-GAME PROMISE TO PATTERSON FAR-FETCHED?

 

New Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie said a mouthful when he supposedly told heralded prospect Patrick Patterson that he would take from 16 to 20 shots a game next season if he played for the Wildcats.

 

A check of the record books shows one Kentucky player has averaged as many as 16 shots a game in the last 25 years. You might win a bar bet by knowing that the player was ... Derrick Miller, who averaged 17.9 shots in the 1989-90 season.

 

Surprisingly, Rex Chapman never averaged as many as 16 shots in a season. Stunningly, Jamal Mashburn never averaged as many as 16 shots in a season. Goodness gracious, one-man team Kenny Walker didn't either. (See list.)

Is a freshman post player going to get 16-20 shots a game playing on a team with Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford? Signs point to 'No.'

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the same thing and wondered the same thing. If Kenny Walker didn't, I can't see a freshmen post player doing it.

I don't know if UK got him that they would want him to take that many shots a game...

Not likely according to Jerry Tipton.

 

 

Is a freshman post player going to get 16-20 shots a game playing on a team with Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford? Signs point to 'No.'

 

 

I am guessing if Gilispie told him this that he did not do much research about how rare it was. I think this is being blown out of proportion.

No matter where he ends up, he will get more touches per game then he did while playing with OJ Mayo....

It's flat out telling a kid what he wants to hear...

No matter where he ends up, he will get more touches per game then he did while playing with OJ Mayo....

 

That is 100% correct for sure. :thumb:

It's flat out telling a kid what he wants to hear...
Show me a kid not recruited that is not told what he wants to hear, and I will show you... umm, I don't know, Tubby Smith :D
Show me a kid not recruited that is not told what he wants to hear, and I will show you... umm, I don't know, Tubby Smith :D

:sssh:

Show me a kid not recruited that is not told what he wants to hear, and I will show you... umm, I don't know, Tubby Smith :D

 

Classic.:laugh:

  • Author
How do we know that Patterson wasnt exaggerating some. We just don't know what was said, or how it was said, so its impossible for us to be pass judgement on the situation.
TCP was where the report of the 'plan' Billy showed Patterson first surfaced, and I haven't heard ANYTHING about Patterson's remarks being false. I think it would have come out if it were a material misrepresentation.
TCP was where the report of the 'plan' Billy showed Patterson first surfaced, and I haven't heard ANYTHING about Patterson's remarks being false. I think it would have come out if it were a material misrepresentation.

 

Like I said, its still doesnt mean that we know what was said. Like I said, its being blown out of proportion.

Maybe it was 16-20 shots his freshman year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.