Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pettigrew eliminates UK...

Featured Replies

Fire coach G !! He can't recruit, he missed out on a Ky. Mr. Basketball!! What is this guy doing?? :sssh: :lol:

 

The bashing should start soon, after all, he hasn't brought in single recruit, he hasn't won a single game yet. Why did we hire this guy? :D

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's 6'5??? Isn't Jasper like 6'5, 6'6...

He's 6'5??? Isn't Jasper like 6'5, 6'6...
Although he often does not possess the skills, Jasper is a PG, where as Pettigrew is a SF/PF type.

Do I need to say "I told you so". I think this is a good move for him.

How would a 6'5 post player help UK with their needs for this coming season? With the hold overs on UK's team from last season, I am sure Pettigrew would blend in well, just not certain it would have been a great addition. With that being said, best of luck to the E-town product wherever he decides.

 

UK's needs to add post players, inside presence first.

I believe Pettigrew came to terms with the fact he was not a high priority on UK's radar. The title of this thread could just as easily have been, "UK eliminates Pettigrew."

My thoughts on the whole Pettigrew situation are this...If UK really wanted Pettigrew, they would have already offered him...

Billy G asked Pettigrew to wait 2 weeks, but SP was having no part of it. Can't say I blame the kid. BCG was basically just waiting to see how the recruiting class shook out before committing to a scholly for SP. I agree with Deuce, if BCG really saw something in him, he would have been offered already.

It just boils down to the fact we have no use for a 6-5 PF.

Great post. To the point and 100 percent correct as well.

^ I don't think that he will be playing a 4 in college.

^ I don't think that he will be playing a 4 in college.

 

Maybe true, but what purpose does it serve to give a scholly to a kid who would have to hone his skills at a new position? Why not use the scholly for a kid who is much higher rated and naturally a '3'?

Maybe true, but what purpose does it serve to give a scholly to a kid who would have to hone his skills at a new position? Why not use the scholly for a kid who is much higher rated and naturally a '3'?
Like who? He won the three point shooting contest the other night....that already show he has way better range than Jasper.

Winning a 3-point contest doesn't exactly make Pettigrew a wing player. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't anybody guarding you in a 3-point contest.

Winning a 3-point contest doesn't exactly make Pettigrew a wing player. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't anybody guarding you in a 3-point contest.

You are correct. Whole different story shooting those in the game with a hand in your face. Pettigrew got a large chunk of his offense down low, that is not going to happen at a big time school like UK. It is probably the best thing for him not to go to UK because he does not fill any of the holes in the lineup that UK has, depth inside and size.

I Don't care how tall he is, If he can consistently hit a 15 foot jumper then sign hin up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.