Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can Gillispie develop the current players?

Featured Replies

Do you think Coach Gillispie can develop the current players that were recruited by "the old coaching staff" into first-round picks and lottery selections?

 

I really think he'll develop Stewart and Harris into special players..

Stewart has more potential than Harris does IMO. I think you will see alot of improvement in the entire team when it comes to effort and intensity! Only time will tell!!!

Do you think Coach Gillispie can develop the current players that were recruited by "the old coaching staff" into first-round picks and lottery selections?

 

I really think he'll develop Stewart and Harris into special players..

 

I think Stewart was going to be a special player under Tubby or Bluegrass Billy anyways...As for Harris, I know he didn't play much last year, and I hope I am wrong, but I dont see him ever being more than just a decent role player off the bench for his career...

If BillyC gets them in better shape mentally and physically they will be better. Alot of last years late game losses came down to those two things. This seems to be one of his strong points, so I look for the returning players to be better. As for Ramon Harris he has all the physical talent you could ask for I think he will better than most think. I also think he was done a diservice last year and should have been redshirted. Don't know his numbers for sure, but would guess he didn't play a total of 30 minutes on the year.

Don't know his numbers for sure, but would guess he didn't play a total of 30 minutes on the year.

 

32 Minutes in 12 games.

 

9 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists on the year.

I was close. Now isn't that a total waste of half a year of eligibility?

I was close. Now isn't that a total waste of half a year of eligibility?

 

100%

I think that Coach G will make the entire team fundamentally better.

Gillispie has proven at two schools that he can develop talent he inherits. With no disrespect to UTEP and A&M, the overall talent he is inheriting at UK is better.

Gillispie has proven at two schools that he can develop talent he inherits. With no disrespect to UTEP and A&M, the overall talent he is inheriting at UK is better.

:thumb: :thumb:

I always thought Harris had potential...

If Billyk gets them in better shape mentally and physically they will be better. A lot of last years late game losses came down to those two things. This seems to be one of his strong points, so I look for the returning players to be better. As for Ramon Harris he has all the physical talent you could ask for I think he will better than most think. I also think he was done a disservice last year and should have been redshirted. Don't know his numbers for sure, but would guess he didn't play a total of 30 minutes on the year.

 

If I am not mistaken there was a thread on here last season saying that Harris would not come to UK if he was red shirted. If that is the case then he did do himself a disservice.

I think the shot of adrenaline from a new staff will pump everybody up. The Seniors will develop a little more and the rest of the team will improve also, IMO.

Yes. No question about it...

In the immortal words of Jim Harick, "Absolutley"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.