Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patrick Patterson Quotes..

Featured Replies

From his recent ESPN "chat."

 

Brian, LA: Patrick, how much "gentle" pressure are you getting from the Duke guys at the various all star games?

 

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: Constantly, every game. Walking down the hallways from the guys, trying to say whatever they can to get me to go.

 

 

Matt from NY Jouisey: Hey Patrick, i know you had said you were going to narrow your list to 2 or 3 teams, do you still plan on doing and what is the time frame for your decision making?

 

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: I'm going to carry it all the way out until May. I'll sign and announce then.

 

 

Spencer (Scottsdale): Any of you guys picked your college majors?

 

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: Computer Engineering.

 

 

 

Michael (KY): Patrick, How did your meeting with Billy G go last night? I hope you are still considering UK even though Tubby left. GO Cats!

 

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: Yeah, I'm still considering Kentucky. Billy G tells it how it is. He tells you what he wants. He's a great guy and coach.

 

 

 

Ryan (Fresno, CA): Hey Patrick, how much are you leaning towards Florida and the chance of playing for Donovan? I would love to add another championship! Thanks and Go Gators!!

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: I don't know. All the colleges are still at the same level with me.

 

 

CJ Watson, Delaware: What are you four guys looking forward to the most in college?

 

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: The females.

 

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: And the education.

 

 

Matt (NM): Patterson, how bout playing for University of Okla?

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: How about not.

 

 

Brian (LA): Patrick, how big a factor is is Noah and Horford are leaving at UF and McRoberts leaving early at Duke?

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: It definitely does. The more players you have leaving, the more chance you have to start and get more playing time.

 

 

 

Phil (Pittsburgh): Patrick, being from WV have you given Pitt any consideration. You along w/ Dejuan Blair could be the guys to put them over the hump!

 

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: They're in the recruitment at the beginning of the process. I talked to Coach Dixon for a while. So I've narrowed down my list.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, but still no clear lean. Patterson has been the absolute best at not letting anyone know his favorites, likely destinations, one school better than another, etc. I don't see how he does it. He always makes sure to lead people to think all schools are neck and neck. I bet PP keeps good secrets, I'm sure he even knows where and what the holy grail is.

 

 

Matt (NM): Patterson, how bout playing for University of Okla?

SportsNation Patrick Patterson: How about not.

 

:lol:

And the saga continues.

 

Hey Patrick, choose a school already.

I really think that P.P. will be a Gator and has had his mind made up on that for awhile now, and just really likes getting all this press about him. I am almost convinced enough that I am really thinking about starting a write this down thread that he will be a gator...

 

I think Lucas will be a Gator to, yet I not so sold on that yet, because I do believe he unlike P.P. is really strongly considering us and has not made a decision yet....

You know realisticly how much good would Patterson be at Kentucky. You look at all these high profile recruits and ask how long are they going to play college ball? is one or two years worth the aggravation of recruiting these "four star" recruits or do you look for people who will stay and grow as you need them to and let them progress with time. Patterson didn't impress me when W.V. was beaten by Scott county. He had "stone hands" when Mayo actually passed him the ball. You look at Durant at Texas he wasn't able to carry his team to a championship. Then Donavon wins back to back titles with a team of under acheivers with a lot of unsung help from two fiesty seniors. I don't know, Go with the Preston Knowles of the world and you get a Guy who is thankful YOU gave HIM an opportunity to play D 1 ball. Just a thought.

  • Author
You know realisticly how much good would Patterson be at Kentucky. You look at all these high profile recruits and ask how long are they going to play college ball? is one or two years worth the aggravation of recruiting these "four star" recruits or do you look for people who will stay and grow as you need them to and let them progress with time. Patterson didn't impress me when W.V. was beaten by Scott county. He had "stone hands" when Mayo actually passed him the ball. You look at Durant at Texas he wasn't able to carry his team to a championship. Then Donavon wins back to back titles with a team of under acheivers with a lot of unsung help from two fiesty seniors. I don't know, Go with the Preston Knowles of the world and you get a Guy who is thankful YOU gave HIM an opportunity to play D 1 ball. Just a thought.

 

I have two things to comment on.

 

1. Patterson is "five stars," not four.

2. Somewhere I read, Patterson said that he wasn't interested in the NBA. He planned on being somewhere for four years.

I have two things to comment on.

 

1. Patterson is "five stars," not four.

2. Somewhere I read, Patterson said that he wasn't interested in the NBA. He planned

on being somewhere for four years.

Please spare me the indignity of trying to convince me he isnt planning on a short ncaa career. Even mediocore at best Morris made it in three years. The old saying "money talks and B.S. walks" comes to mind.

  • Author
Please spare me the indignity of trying to convince me he isnt planning on a short ncaa career. Even mediocore at best Morris made it in three years. The old saying "money talks and B.S. walks" comes to mind.

 

You know what, I couldn't care less if I convinced you or not. Money is not a problem for his family, like many others, and he and his family are really dedicated on getting him an education. You rarely, rarely hear a All-American say they aren't interested in the NBA, and when I do hear it, I tend to believe them - especially Patterson. He is commited to growing as a man and learning as a man.

Didn't realize I was striking such a nerve, calm down dude. That is just my opinion. Doesn't have to be yours.

I hear PP wants to be a Computer Science major, right? That's not for slouches...

I have two things to comment on.

 

1. Patterson is "five stars," not four.

2. Somewhere I read, Patterson said that he wasn't interested in the NBA. He planned on being somewhere for four years.

 

 

:laugh:

 

IMO He is a 2 year player and maybe a one and done, but it was a nice thought. :sssh:

You know realisticly how much good would Patterson be at Kentucky. You look at all these high profile recruits and ask how long are they going to play college ball? is one or two years worth the aggravation of recruiting these "four star" recruits or do you look for people who will stay and grow as you need them to and let them progress with time. Patterson didn't impress me when W.V. was beaten by Scott county. He had "stone hands" when Mayo actually passed him the ball. You look at Durant at Texas he wasn't able to carry his team to a championship. Then Donavon wins back to back titles with a team of under acheivers with a lot of unsung help from two fiesty seniors. I don't know, Go with the Preston Knowles of the world and you get a Guy who is thankful YOU gave HIM an opportunity to play D 1 ball. Just a thought.

 

Well that wouldn't get us to where people want go and that is the final four! Yeah Donovan won it with a bunch of guys who wasn't not that high ranked coming out, but they were still ranked good enough, and well you probably wont see something like that happen ever again like we saw with those 4..And for Durant he only had one other player with him and that was Augustine (sp.) We need to get just good smart top notch basketball players, and that is what we are going to get with Bluegrass Billy!

At least he was honest about Oklahoma. lol

 

Would be rather interesting wherever he goes and gets matched up against the Sooners somewhere down the line if that quote isn't dusted off and used again.

The more I hear about him...The less I like him...He's toying with everybody, and yet again, a HIGH SCHOOLER has people eating out of his hand...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.