Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patrick Patterson Quotes..

Featured Replies

  • Author

If Patrick Patterson leaves after a year, or even two, then I will publicly tell you that I am sorry that I "blew up." This kid likes school and his life as much as basketball. I don't care if you believe me or not.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Patrick Patterson leaves after a year, or even two, then I will publicly tell you that I am sorry that I "blew up." This kid likes school and his life as much as basketball. I don't care if you believe me or not.

I hope you are right. Patterson is not the kind of player that will be NBA ready after a year or two, IMO.

I also don't think Tubby was run out of town, he decided that all of the second guessers who THINK they know better than anyone were annoying and he looked for greener and more tollerable pastures. I am starting to understand how he must have felt!

 

Wow man, you say he wasn't ran out of town, yet the reason why you said he left is because of the fans, which in turns me the fans ran him out of town...:rolleyes:

The point with Prince is he improved his game and stayed in school 4 years. In the end it paid off for him. Is this not America where people are allowed to not agree with someone. If Tubby and I share the same opinion on this than I would say he is paid a lot of money so someone must value that opinion. On that note, thanks for the compliment.

 

Changing your story a little bit after you find out that Prince was a Mcdonalds All-American?:sssh: And yes Prince staying in school did help him out, but you know what nobody knew that Prince was going to stay 4 years. You never know when you recruit a guy if they are going to stay all 4 years. And if you just go after 3 star guys then usually unless you just happen to get lucky and the group its up being better than advertised, then your usually not going to do what is expected of you..I mean even with Prince he thought very much about leaving after his sophomore, and then his junior year too! So your argument with Prince was just not very good and not accurate at all my man. You talked about getting guys who would stay all 4 years like Prince, but no one knew he would stay all 4 years. It just so happen that he ended up being smart enough to stay, even when he had the chance to leave early...

 

By the way welcome to BGP!:p :thumb:

Wow man, you say he wasn't ran out of town, yet the reason why you said he left is because of the fans, which in turns me the fans ran him out of town...:rolleyes:

 

Where's the line? If he expected 12 and 13 loss seasons to go uncriticized, who's fault is that?

 

Yes, he left because of the pressure, but I don't think he was run out of town.

 

He obviously knew his assistants were lacking (hence none of them going to Minnesota) but he refused to change them here. He resigned, he moved on, I think it works out best for everyone. Can we get over it now?

Where's the line? If he expected 12 and 13 loss seasons to go uncriticized, who's fault is that?

 

Yes, he left because of the pressure, but I don't think he was run out of town.

 

He obviously knew his assistants were lacking (hence none of them going to Minnesota) but he refused to change them here. He resigned, he moved on, I think it works out best for everyone. Can we get over it now?

 

Come on man you got to be kidding! Its funny how the people who wanted him gone, now say it wasn't because of them..I think it was pretty obvious that he was run out by the fans, and even during his press conference he kind of even admitted that by saying everybody wants to be wanted. Which I dont know how you can not take that as him saying he knew he wasn't wanted here, so he wanted to be at a place where people will treat him like the good coach he is....

 

I really dont want to have to get into all of this again, but I will...

The bottom line is that he wasn't fired. He choose to leave.

 

As much as many fans wanted him gone, he easily had another year to turn the program around before he really would've been forced out. Neither you nor I nor the vast majority of Kentucky fans have any power to run any coach off.

 

If the people truly had the power you say they do, GWB would've resigned the White House 2 years ago.

 

Tubby didn't want to stick out a tough situation. Thats his deal.

The bottom line is that he wasn't fired. He choose to leave.

As much as many fans wanted him gone, he easily had another year to turn the program around before he really would've been forced out. Neither you nor I nor the vast majority of Kentucky fans have any power to run any coach off.

 

If the people truly had the power you say they do, GWB would've resigned the White House 2 years ago.

 

Tubby didn't want to stick out a tough situation. Thats his deal.

 

Haha you all are funny, I mean seriously you all crack me up! Yeah you are right he choose to leave, which is something that you all wanted was him gone. I really think that alot of you tbers are just upset that there were people who liked Tubby and wanted him here, so you try to turn it around to make it seem like he was a bad guy for leaving..Even if you dont want to admit it, I sure you even know that the fans were the reason why he left, and the George Bush comparison is just really WEAK!. I mean you are right fans cant actually have a coach fired, however they very well can run a coach off and that is exactly what happened, and you know it, even if you wont admit it..I seriously dont know why some of you all want to keep going on with this, because you got what he wanted and his gone. It ended up being best for both parties, Tubby is where he is wanted, and we got a coach that everyone should love. So why start this up again, when there was no reason to. I simply stated to the guy that his little argument made no sense because he said he wasn't ran off, but then he says something about the fans that actually says he was ran off...

 

So please lets stop with this now finally, because there was no reason for this to even start up again, but if you want to continue this I will as well....

Ohh sorry I must be in the wrong thread, That it was about Patrick Patterson.

Maybe I am the only person that does not hold a grudge against Patterson or any other recruit on waiting to make a decision.

 

He is taking his time in not rushing to a decision and using what the system offers. Why make a committment if you are not 100% sure?

 

It is sort of like when people retire from sports and people say it will "tarnish their legacy." Maybe in the eyes of few fans, but he is not catering to the wishes of fans across Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, etc. in making a rush decision.

 

I think people on message boards also misconstrue the mindset of Patterson and think he is jerking everyone around and laughing about it all; when in reality, the KID (let us not forget that) is trying to make one of the most important, if not the most important decision in his life.

Maybe I am the only person that does not hold a grudge against Patterson or any other recruit on waiting to make a decision.

 

:thumb:

 

The situations at the schools he is looking at have changed dramatically recently. I don't have any problem with him taking all the time he wants.

 

With that said, I'd feel better if had already signed with UK, but the decision effects him a little bit more than it does me.

If he comes to Duke, great, if not, great...whatever....just please make the decision...why drag this out another 3-4 weeks...what will change?

If he comes to Duke, great, if not, great...whatever....just please make the decision...why drag this out another 3-4 weeks...what will change?

I have to agree. Any coaching changes are done and he has had to already have a good idea of what school he is truly interested in. This is bordering on ridiculous. :madman:

The game I watch of him he looked indecisive at times and with him dragging this college choice out, this is looking to be a trend.

 

PP reminds me of a girl who has 2 boys chasing her, neither will back off and so she drags them along for as long as she can, because she knows one day no one will care. (for the most part):rolleyes:

I think people on message boards also misconstrue the mindset of Patterson and think he is jerking everyone around and laughing about it all; when in reality, the KID (let us not forget that) is trying to make one of the most important, if not the most important decision in his life.

:thumb:

 

Agreed!, It's his decision, not ours. If the NCAA has signing periods this late then why criticize people when they use it? I think him taking this long is a sign, and should make those who think he will last 1 or 2 years in school then bolt to the NBA to think twice, he wouldn't be taking this long in deciding if he was just going to use college as a prep for the jump. He is seriously thinking about where he wants to go to school, and play for 4 years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.