Top Defensive Players in NKY " 07 "

Red Heat

07 belongs to Ball, Stein, Simons, Hurtt and Fitzgerald. I'm sure Laber, Newman and Roller will get some quality PT and are each very good players, but I agree with you that 07 belongs to the first 5 I mentioned. We've got quality lbers stacked for the next couple of years.

You actually agree with me?:banana:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're right, but I didn't think they were very fast last year on either side of the ball. Benson should be the heart of the defense. 3 year starter at linebacker.

Don't forget Sauerbeck from Campbell. He's definitely a top defensive player.

No doubt, watch out for him next year.

Stein,Ball, Hurtt,Fitzgerald, and Simons will be the lb'ers for the Birds this year. They are going to be 3 year starters for the Birds except for Fitz. Great group of lb's, Weinrich has been grooming these kids for 3 years now.

I thought Cecil was going to play LB?????:confused:

We can only hope that Cecil gets the opportunity to play LBer but I don't know if Dale wants to put his QB in that position unless he has to and it appears to me that there is plenty of depth at that position. We might see Cecil playing safety and if that happens I feel sorry for the opposing receivers!!! I know Cecil would love to play LBer.

Stein,Ball, Hurtt,Fitzgerald, and Simons will be the lb'ers for the Birds this year. They are going to be 3 year starters for the Birds except for Fitz. Great group of lb's, Weinrich has been grooming these kids for 3 years now.

And I hear that Fitzgerald has packed on 30 lbs in the offseason. He definitely needed to add some size and now that you put that on his frame with his mentality....he may be their best hitter. I think with STine/Ball/Hurtt/Fitgerald and Simons roving at Safety I wouldnt want to run any patterns.

07 belongs to Ball, Stein, Simons, Hurtt and Fitzgerald. I'm sure Laber, Newman and Roller will get some quality PT and are each very good players, but I agree with you that 07 belongs to the first 5 I mentioned. We've got quality lbers stacked for the next couple of years.

A voice of reason, knowledge and sense. LN don't let the compliment go to you head.:thumb: :thumb:

I thought Cecil was going to play LB?????:confused:

We were just talking about inside linebackers :D ... Cecil plays outside linebacker unless the coaches made a move that I didn't hear about. As far as the safety talk, I am thinking that it might be very wise to use Simons there. He seems to have vision of the whole field from there.

We were just talking about inside linebackers :D ... Cecil plays outside linebacker unless the coaches made a move that I didn't hear about. As far as the safety talk, I am thinking that it might be very wise to use Simons there. He seems to have vision of the whole field from there.

Cecil was lined up at safety yesterday.