Top Defensive Players in NKY " 07 "

Red Heat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say a couple of HHS LB's...Stein and Cecil.

I'd definitely add Simons to that list. Drew has a defensive player's attitude and loves to hit. If they play him at safety, I pity the receivers catching the ball on the crossing routes. I think the Birds defense will be one of the best in N. Ky this year.

I expect Dixie's defense to be very good also. The matchup against Dixie is going to be one of the best games in N. Ky this year.

I'd definitely add Simons to that list. Drew has a defensive player's attitude and loves to hit. If they play him at safety, I pity the receivers catching the ball on the crossing routes. I think the Birds defense will be one of the best in N. Ky this year.

I expect Dixie's defense to be very good also. The matchup against Dixie is going to be one of the best games in N. Ky this year.

Sorry, Your definately right about Drew.........:thumb:

I'd like to add Ball and Hurtt to the list... Other players that I expect to make an impact are Labor, Head and little Roller or make that young Roller, I don't think 6'2" 210 lbs is little for a sophomore.

I'd like to add Ball and Hurtt to the list... Other players that I expect to make an impact are Labor, Head and little Roller or make that young Roller, I don't think 6'2" 210 lbs is little for a sophomore.

Where in the world is Brandon Roller getting his height. If you know the Roller side of the family which i know you do, they aren't the tallest trees in the bunch. I think it is awesome that he has that size with a Roller mentality(SP)

Look out NKY, he will be one of the better one's at Linebacker to come out of this area in a long time. Just give it time:ylsuper:

Where in the world is Brandon Roller getting his height. If you know the Roller side of the family which i know you do, they aren't the tallest trees in the bunch. I think it is awesome that he has that size with a Roller mentality(SP)

Look out NKY, he will be one of the better one's at Linebacker to come out of this area in a long time. Just give it time:ylsuper:

I think you will be right about that assumption........:thumb: :thumb:

Well let's hear who has the BIG GUNS coming back on " D " ! I for one love the look of our Defense this coming year at Dixie ! Very nice size , with alot of speed and 8 starters returning . :ylsuper:

I hope you're right, but I didn't think they were very fast last year on either side of the ball. Benson should be the heart of the defense. 3 year starter at linebacker.

Don't forget Sauerbeck from Campbell. He's definitely a top defensive player.

...there was a LB for Highlands' JV last year that seemed to be in the middle of everthing: hits, sacks, fumble recoveries. Look for Blake Newman to make some noise for HHS this year too!! If you measure "heart", he just might be the biggest player on the team!

...there was a LB for Highlands' JV last year that seemed to be in the middle of everthing: hits, sacks, fumble recoveries. Look for Blake Newman to make some noise for HHS this year too!! If you measure "heart", he just might be the biggest player on the team!

Though he does have a ton of heart, it would be extremely unrealistic to say that he is going to start over Stein, Ball, Hurt, or Fitzgerald, at linebacker. He'll probably be a head-hunter on special teams, but as for being a "NKY Top Defensive Player in 2007", that is quite a stretch from what I have seen.

Though he does have a ton of heart, it would be extremely unrealistic to say that he is going to start over Stein, Ball, Hurt, or Fitzgerald, at linebacker. He'll probably be a head-hunter on special teams, but as for being a "NKY Top Defensive Player in 2007", that is quite a stretch from what I have seen.

I think your right. 2007 belongs to Stine, Ball, and Simons. 2008 will be the year of Laber, Newman, and Roller.

I think your right. 2007 belongs to Stine, Ball, and Simons. 2008 will be the year of Laber, Newman, and Roller.

07 belongs to Ball, Stein, Simons, Hurtt and Fitzgerald. I'm sure Laber, Newman and Roller will get some quality PT and are each very good players, but I agree with you that 07 belongs to the first 5 I mentioned. We've got quality lbers stacked for the next couple of years.