Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Must underrated, underappreciated or player that exceeded their hype coming to UK

Featured Replies

Chuck Hayes is my run away winner...

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
It was the 98-99 season. So he actually graduated in 99. The title is considered 98 even though it was 99 when they won.

No. They won it all in 95-96. Returned to the title game in 96-97. Won it all again in 97-98.

I would put Chuck Hayes very high on my list of all-time favorite players at UK. In my mind, the words underrated and unappreciated don't belong in the same sentence with Chuck. You can never have too many kids like him on your team. I appreciate every minute that he spent in a UK uniform.

I say the Feldhaus, Pelphrey,Farmer and Woods-The Unforgettables. None of these players were very highly touted recruits and came to the program in its darkest time. Eddie Sutton sold this programs soul, These boys got it back.

No. They won it all in 95-96. Returned to the title game in 96-97. Won it all again in 97-98.

Your right. I'm an idiot. I would have sworn Padgett was a senior when they won the title in 98.

Here's another player that pop in my head,Larry Stamper I think he played during the early 70's, a good rebounder,and always around the offensive basket for put backs.

Alrighty then, lets have a starting 5 of most underappreciated, overacheivers in UK history, here's mine:

 

G - A.Epps

G - C.Mills

F - C.Hayes

F - E.Daniels

C - M.Estill

 

None of these guys came to UK as MCD All-Americans and contributed greatly to the UK tradition...

Jamaal Magloire=Randolph Morris

 

I don't see much in common between the two. Magloire was a better defender with much less skill on offense and a mean streak.

 

Epps- Very solid PG

Estill- Wish he would have been around for one more year

Nazr- Talking about a complete turn around.

  • Author
I don't see much in common between the two. Magloire was a better defender with much less skill on offense and a mean streak.

 

Epps- Very solid PG

Estill- Wish he would have been around for one more year

Nazr- Talking about a complete turn around.

I agree on the Magloire-Morris comparison. If Morris had the meanstreak and drive that Magloire had, UK would have been much tougher the past 3 seasons.

 

No UK teammate ever had to call out Magloire for being a presence on the floor like Bradley did to Morris.

I agree on the Magloire-Morris comparison. If Morris had the meanstreak and drive that Magloire had, UK would have been much tougher the past 3 seasons.

 

No UK teammate ever had to call out Magloire for being a presence on the floor like Bradley did to Morris.

 

I agree. In fact, Morris probably would not have gone undrafted if he had demonstrated that kind of drive.

Heshimu and Jeff shepherd no doubt.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.