April 10, 200719 yr It's his opinion. So it's true.Your question seemed like it was looking for stats or something to back it up.
April 10, 200719 yr I have seen both of them play numerous times. For all out basketball ability and floor presence Mackey is by far the better of the two. Miller is the man on Mason Co. Mackey has had to play for what he gets. Mackey played with the best starting 5 in Kentucky this year. If he didn't get the points you could see him guarding the best the other team had and continuiously hold them down. He is a defensive ace in the hole. Mackey is quicker on the first step, faster down the court and probably a little smarter ball player than Miller. Miller is good but was a major part of Mason's game plan. Mackey was a BIG part of Scott Co. too but he had more competition for his point and Playing time than did Miller. In the state championship game down in the 4th quarter Mackey was challanged and the young man stepped up and DELIVERED. Miller had his opportunities and couldn't deal with the clutch time game( Clark Co.) Miller played hard but didn't carry his team like Bud was able to do. To be BIG TIME gotta be THE MAN and right now THE MAN in Kentucky HS basketball 2008 is BUD MACKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 10, 200719 yr Author I have seen both of them play numerous times. For all out basketball ability and floor presence Mackey is by far the better of the two. Miller is the man on Mason Co. Mackey has had to play for what he gets. Mackey played with the best starting 5 in Kentucky this year. If he didn't get the points you could see him guarding the best the other team had and continuiously hold them down. He is a defensive ace in the hole. Mackey is quicker on the first step, faster down the court and probably a little smarter ball player than Miller. Miller is good but was a major part of Mason's game plan. Mackey was a BIG part of Scott Co. too but he had more competition for his point and Playing time than did Miller. In the state championship game down in the 4th quarter Mackey was challanged and the young man stepped up and DELIVERED. Miller had his opportunities and couldn't deal with the clutch time game( Clark Co.) Miller played hard but didn't carry his team like Bud was able to do. To be BIG TIME gotta be THE MAN and right now THE MAN in Kentucky HS basketball 2008 is BUD MACKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't being by far the best player on your team make it TOUGHER to get your points and take over games? Darius was the focus of the opposing defense night in and night out and still came through. Just because Mackey's team is better doesn't mean he is the better player. I think it is very close. And plus, this thread is about them being COLLEGE players, not high school.
April 10, 200719 yr I've seen them both play and I would take Miller from the games I've seen.....but barely.
April 10, 200719 yr Author Look like its so far... 5 Millers 4 Mackeys 2 Boths I haven't picked yet... Im a Mason County boy so if I pick Darius i'll be called a homer. I think they are both amazing.
April 10, 200719 yr And plus, this thread is about them being COLLEGE players, not high school. I guess then this should be moved cause neither are in college yet. No it is harder when you have to share the wealth with a lot of other stars on a team to get your points. Say what you want but it is true. Mackey had to share the limelight with the potential Mr. Basketball in the state.
April 11, 200719 yr My pick is biased but Darius can flat out play. He can handle and he can shoot and he can post up guys...He just needs to get an attitude while he plays on the court that nobody can stop him (which we all have been trying to do) and no doubt will be better than Mackey...Both players are very good and Mackey will probably win Mr Basketball next yr (Everybody knows its won your Junior Year) but D Miller will be the better college player.
April 11, 200719 yr Mackey without question. Simple, take miller 6'6, good size but what can he do for you, cannot really shoot that well for a kid his size, cannot handle that well, cannot post up college post guys. He is a tweener. He is the right size to a play a college SF spot but cannot do the things a college 3 needs to do, YET! Mackey on the other hand, good size for a college guard, good handles for a college guard, able to create, and needs to put on about 20lbs for the next level. Right now, I go with mackey no question. Are we talking about the silky smooth jump shot of the same Darius Miller? Not sure how much you have seen Miller play, but judging from that comment I'd venture to say not much. I'll take them both. Mackey's quickness is amazing! Miller is a graceful giant in the paint. It's a killer give-n-go.....Pick your poison!!
April 11, 200719 yr I have seen both of them play numerous times. For all out basketball ability and floor presence Mackey is by far the better of the two. Miller is the man on Mason Co. Mackey has had to play for what he gets. Mackey played with the best starting 5 in Kentucky this year. If he didn't get the points you could see him guarding the best the other team had and continuiously hold them down. He is a defensive ace in the hole. Mackey is quicker on the first step, faster down the court and probably a little smarter ball player than Miller. Miller is good but was a major part of Mason's game plan. Mackey was a BIG part of Scott Co. too but he had more competition for his point and Playing time than did Miller. In the state championship game down in the 4th quarter Mackey was challanged and the young man stepped up and DELIVERED. Miller had his opportunities and couldn't deal with the clutch time game( Clark Co.) Miller played hard but didn't carry his team like Bud was able to do. To be BIG TIME gotta be THE MAN and right now THE MAN in Kentucky HS basketball 2008 is BUD MACKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that ain't right at all.. Walls carried that team the whole tournament...
April 11, 200719 yr I have seen both... I would take Miller simply because I was more impressed by him based on when I saw him...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.