Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miller or Mackey?

Featured Replies

Hypothetically, if you had 1 scholarship left and both of these kids wanted to come to your school, who would you take? Please try to be as unbiased as possible. Judge it on who you think will be the best college player. Im just curious. Assume that you need both of their positions as well.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mackey without question. Simple, take miller 6'6, good size but what can he do for you, cannot really shoot that well for a kid his size, cannot handle that well, cannot post up college post guys. He is a tweener. He is the right size to a play a college SF spot but cannot do the things a college 3 needs to do, YET!

Mackey on the other hand, good size for a college guard, good handles for a college guard, able to create, and needs to put on about 20lbs for the next level.

Right now, I go with mackey no question.

I'm getting Mackey and VERY happy bout it!

Darius Miller no doubt. If anyone saw the Mason Co/Scott Co game they would know why.

I have seen Mackey a lot more than Miller, so it is somewhat difficult to say for me. I like that Mackey is a combo guard and is great at creating for himself and others. Mackey seems more multi-dimensional.

Watching the head to head match-up, I would take Miller. I have not seen as much of Mackey, but from what I have, I would take my chances on Darius. But, Mackey is one heck of a player too.

Watching the head to head match-up, I would take Miller. I have not seen as much of Mackey, but from what I have, I would take my chances on Darius. But, Mackey is one heck of a player too.

Wouldn't have imagined you would say that...

Mackey without question. Simple, take miller 6'6, good size but what can he do for you, cannot really shoot that well for a kid his size, cannot handle that well, cannot post up college post guys. He is a tweener. He is the right size to a play a college SF spot but cannot do the things a college 3 needs to do, YET!

Mackey on the other hand, good size for a college guard, good handles for a college guard, able to create, and needs to put on about 20lbs for the next level.

Right now, I go with mackey no question.

 

 

Ok, I will not say who's better, but I will say that Miller is being recruited heavily by Florida, Tennessee, and UK. He must be able to do something better than what you are saying.

Mackey by a long shot. There is not a better junior in this years class than Mackey. Miller may be good but not better.

I am selfish. I want them both. :p

 

I encourage a player to transfer so I can make this happen.

 

I don't see how you can say that one is a better player than the other. They both bring so many intangibles to the table.

 

And there is no way that you can say that one is a better player by a long shot. :rolleyes:

Can I have them both? Both are great players and have a bright future ahead and the school that gets one or the other will be getting a quality player.

One can't go wrong with either selection.

  • Author
Mackey by a long shot. There is not a better junior in this years class than Mackey. Miller may be good but not better.

What do you have to base that on?

What do you have to base that on?
It's his opinion. So it's true.
  • Author
It's his opinion. So it's true.

I never said it was false. His opinion can't be wrong. But there has to be some reasoning behind it. Thats why I asked HIM.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.