Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK players comments

Featured Replies

What is going on with Crawford, is he playing next year or what?

 

Crawford did announce sometime last week I'm pretty sure that he would be back next year for his senior year. There were some rumors that he was on academic suspension and that he was going overseas to play, but I don't think there's been any truth to those.

IMO Great coaches coach to the talent of their players..not try to mold the players into a system.

This is my belief too.

Sounds like the players are excited to play, haven't been able to say that recently.

Well, I guess it was not only us "unrealistic" fans that didn't like the style of ball we were stuck with.

So Pitino is not a great coach? He consistently does a good job of molding players to fit into his pressing and 3-point shooting style.

 

Knight is not a great coach for getting and expecting players to play in his style?

 

You may disagree with Tubby's style, that is understandable, but great coaches have a style, recruit to that style and mold players into their system. And when players don't fit, they transfer. As they have at UK. As they have at Duke. As they have at UNC. As they have at Kansas.

 

I agree 100% with this but with Tubby he almost never recruited the type of players who could play his game. The difference with most "great" coaches is that sometime during the recruiting process they sit back and wonder if a particular player will fit into their system. BTW this isnt a bash Tubby statement but for the most part he recruited guards who were more capable of running the up tempo system. Which was far from his M.O. Now if he would have recruited slower guards more capable of hitting open shots in a set offense and better low post players who were capable of posting up and actually making a play in the paint then this whole conversation would be nil because Tubby would still be our coach and Billy G. would still be in Texas.

IMO Great coaches coach to the talent of their players..not try to mold the players into a system.

I somewhat believe in that but I like having a system that is flexible so you have the ability to take top talent and play off of what the kids do best. I think if you are going to fit kids to your style then in college you recruit kids that fit that style. If you take a racehorse and tie him up then you aren't getting what you paid for!

If they didn't like "Tubby Ball" why did they sign? Sounds like they need a scapegoat for their poor play. I'm sure if UK was recruiting them they had more than one option. Be accountable...

Guys "Tubby Ball" was fun to watch with the right players playing it.

 

That being said I am glad that the players are excited about Gilispie and I hope he can maybe push some buttons, that Tubby didnt and get a little more out of them.

 

Hey I think we have a better chance of beating Florida than we have in the past 2 years atleast!

Yeah me to...Since there whole team is going to the NBA...

Guys "Tubby Ball" was fun to watch with the right players playing it.

That being said I am glad that the players are excited about Gilispie and I hope he can maybe push some buttons, that Tubby didnt and get a little more out of them.

 

Hey I think we have a better chance of beating Florida than we have in the past 2 years atleast!

 

It was?

Guys "Tubby Ball" was fun to watch with the right players playing it.

 

That being said I am glad that the players are excited about Gilispie and I hope he can maybe push some buttons, that Tubby didnt and get a little more out of them.

 

Hey I think we have a better chance of beating Florida than we have in the past 2 years atleast!

 

Can you name those players please?

Can you name those players please?

So in 02-03 it wasn't fun to watch UK 32-4 and undefeated in the SEC?

So in 02-03 it wasn't fun to watch UK 32-4 and undefeated in the SEC?

 

Yep. It was. Misunderstood. My mistake.

If they didn't like "Tubby Ball" why did they sign? Sounds like they need a scapegoat for their poor play. I'm sure if UK was recruiting them they had more than one option. Be accountable...

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.