Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK players comments

Featured Replies

Here are some comments from a few of the players.

 

 

 

 

 

Now that we see we have a great coach coming in, I really plan on being here next year and playing for a great coach," Jasper said Friday after Gillispie was introduced as Kentucky's new coach. "He brings a lot of toughness, he's a great coach and brings a lot of winning ways. So I'm just excited about that."

 

Japser's reaction was similar to what all the Kentucky players at Friday's press conference had to say about their new coach, whom they first met about 11 a.m. Friday.

 

 

Players reaction

The biggest thing I took from that is that Ramel is glad Billy D didn't come. :lol:

Thanks to the good folks in Danville for providing us with a look at what current Wildcat players are feeling.

Some telling comments here....

 

"I knew he let Acie Law play and developed his talent really well. I'm thinking he can make me into that type of player," Jasper said.

 

"I think all the other guys can adjust to that easier than just walking the ball up the court and doing stuff like that," Stevenson said.

 

 

Said Crawford: "I like hearing that he likes his players to be aggressive on both defense and offense. He's willing to change to fit the type of players we have here."

Is it me, or do they sound like they didn't like Tubbyball?

Is it me, or do they sound like they didn't like Tubbyball?

 

Yep, that last comment about changing to fit the players you have on your team, that says it all to me.

Some telling comments here....

 

"I knew he let Acie Law play and developed his talent really well. I'm thinking he can make me into that type of player," Jasper said.

 

"I think all the other guys can adjust to that easier than just walking the ball up the court and doing stuff like that," Stevenson said.

 

 

Said Crawford: "I like hearing that he likes his players to be aggressive on both defense and offense. He's willing to change to fit the type of players we have here."

 

Tubbyball haters. Rightfully so.

Is it me, or do they sound like they didn't like Tubbyball?

Them and the fans:thumb:

Is it me, or do they sound like they didn't like Tubbyball?

 

No, it's just you...

What is going on with Crawford, is he playing next year or what?

I believe Crawford and Bradley will be better players under Gillispie, because, he will play the ball to there talent...One knock on OTS was he was bound and determined to play one way and wasn't going to change his style....I see Meeks and Stevenson really shining in his system, too.. I think Jasper can play any style nessessary, but, unless he is willing to at least try and shoot from the outside, on occassion, he's not going going to be much help except on the defensive end...

Is it me, or do they sound like they didn't like Tubbyball?

 

It sounds like they don't to me.

Walk it up the floor, loaf, get a bad shot, don't set any screens etc. I would be estatic if I got in a new system too! Why wouldn't they feel handcuffed? Look at these guys after they leave and go pro!

IMO Great coaches coach to the talent of their players..not try to mold the players into a system.

IMO Great coaches coach to the talent of their players..not try to mold the players into a system.

So Pitino is not a great coach? He consistently does a good job of molding players to fit into his pressing and 3-point shooting style.

 

Knight is not a great coach for getting and expecting players to play in his style?

 

You may disagree with Tubby's style, that is understandable, but great coaches have a style, recruit to that style and mold players into their system. And when players don't fit, they transfer. As they have at UK. As they have at Duke. As they have at UNC. As they have at Kansas.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.