April 6, 200719 yr According to the press conference where the question was asked about his DUI, Mitch said he was extremely upfront about it and even indicated that Billy G brought it up first. He admitted he did a stupid thing and hoped that he had learned from it. He said he will make mistakes today, tomorrow and in the future, just hopefully to not that level. He handled the question and the incidenct well in the press conference. If nothing like this happens in Lex, it is a non-issue. Of course, there is a contingent of UK fans that could lead him to want to drink. He just needs to make sure he doesn't drive while doing it.:sssh: DUIs and incidents.
April 6, 200719 yr The last paragraph has me scratching my head: Rosales said detectives found that Gillispie had between four and five drinks over a three-hour period. The prosecutor said the findings were submitted to police department's toxicologists, who determined that Gillispie's blood alcohol level would have been much lower than necessary for a conviction under Texas law. :confused: If Gillispie refused a breath test I would like to know just how the "detectives" found that he had between four and five drinks vs. one and two drinks or nine and ten drinks. Maybe they talked to the bartender/bar owner (that certainly had plenty of reasons to minimize the amount of alcohol consumed) or an "independent witness" or a friend of Gillispie. I could care less if Gillispie got a DUI but based on that paragraph from the article it doesn't pass the smell test. EXCELLENT POINT!!
April 7, 200719 yr The man made a mistake. He has admitted such. He has to go on with his life. People live and learn, and I support him in his effort.:thumb:
April 8, 200719 yr Gillispie has been arrested for DWI twice...the first time he pleaded down to wreckless driving, the latter, was dropped.
April 8, 200719 yr Duke was able to forgive J.J. Redneck, I mean Reddick, for his issues, I think I can allow Billy Clyde a clean slate.
April 8, 200719 yr Duke was able to forgive J.J. Redneck, I mean Reddick, for his issues, I think I can allow Billy Clyde a clean slate. ....and JJ's DUI came after his career was over.
April 8, 200719 yr ....and JJ's DUI came after his career was over. Who can blame the guy right? I mean he'd reached the pinnacle. Only one way to go for him now. And as for Billy G. There's nothing wrong with having a drink or two every now and again....hey Billy look out for that tree....
April 8, 200719 yr Gillispie has been arrested for DWI twice...the first time he pleaded down to wreckless driving, the latter, was dropped. So he has one charge on his record since the 2nd one was dropped.
April 8, 200719 yr ^ And that was a wreckless driving...not even a DWI. I've put in a call to Mitch Barnhart. I'm offering my services as a personal driver for Billy G. I'm willing to relocate to Lexington, all I need is a 20% increase in what my wife, and I make now, and 4 tickets to each game.
April 8, 200719 yr ....and JJ's DUI came after his career was over. His career was over but I am certain he was still on scholarship at Duke so he still was representing the college when he tried to avoid the police while he was drinking and driving. :thumb:
April 9, 200719 yr His career was over but I am certain he was still on scholarship at Duke so he still was representing the college when he tried to avoid the police while he was drinking and driving. :thumb: Well, JJ was arrested June 13th...he had already graduated :sssh:
April 9, 200719 yr Hey I have been critical of Redick and Huggins for their actions. And I will be critical of Gilispie. Its very irresponsible of him. But it seems he has accepted responsibility for his actions and openly discussed it at his news conference. If this happens again I dont know if I would want him to be the UK coach anymore.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.