Clarification on Billy G's DUI

mobaar

According to the press conference where the question was asked about his DUI, Mitch said he was extremely upfront about it and even indicated that Billy G brought it up first. He admitted he did a stupid thing and hoped that he had learned from it. He said he will make mistakes today, tomorrow and in the future, just hopefully to not that level.

He handled the question and the incidenct well in the press conference. If nothing like this happens in Lex, it is a non-issue.

Of course, there is a contingent of UK fans that could lead him to want to drink. He just needs to make sure he doesn't drive while doing it.:sssh: ;)

DUIs and incidents.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last paragraph has me scratching my head:

Rosales said detectives found that Gillispie had between four and five drinks over a three-hour period. The prosecutor said the findings were submitted to police department's toxicologists, who determined that Gillispie's blood alcohol level would have been much lower than necessary for a conviction under Texas law.

:confused: If Gillispie refused a breath test I would like to know just how the "detectives" found that he had between four and five drinks vs. one and two drinks or nine and ten drinks. Maybe they talked to the bartender/bar owner (that certainly had plenty of reasons to minimize the amount of alcohol consumed) or an "independent witness" or a friend of Gillispie.

I could care less if Gillispie got a DUI but based on that paragraph from the article it doesn't pass the smell test.

EXCELLENT POINT!!

....and JJ's DUI came after his career was over.

Who can blame the guy right? I mean he'd reached the pinnacle. Only one way to go for him now. And as for Billy G. There's nothing wrong with having a drink or two every now and again....hey Billy look out for that tree....

^ And that was a wreckless driving...not even a DWI.

I've put in a call to Mitch Barnhart. I'm offering my services as a personal driver for Billy G. I'm willing to relocate to Lexington, all I need is a 20% increase in what my wife, and I make now, and 4 tickets to each game.

....and JJ's DUI came after his career was over.

His career was over but I am certain he was still on scholarship at Duke so he still was representing the college when he tried to avoid the police while he was drinking and driving. :thumb:

His career was over but I am certain he was still on scholarship at Duke so he still was representing the college when he tried to avoid the police while he was drinking and driving. :thumb:

Well, JJ was arrested June 13th...he had already graduated :sssh:

Hey I have been critical of Redick and Huggins for their actions. And I will be critical of Gilispie. Its very irresponsible of him. But it seems he has accepted responsibility for his actions and openly discussed it at his news conference. If this happens again I dont know if I would want him to be the UK coach anymore.