April 3, 200719 yr Any younger BGP like myself notice Corey Brewer wears the OLD school Penny shoes to play in!
April 3, 200719 yr O$U obviously didn't see the Florida/KY game. I remember being so freakin frustrated that UK kept jacking up 3's while they were dominating them inside and had Florida in foul trouble. HHHHMMMMMMM O$U dominated inside and blew it jacking up the 3 ball while they were cold. That was all going on while all of Florida's big men were in foul trouble. Erie!!! I will say that it was fun watching both teams play as they defended the ball and passed well. Florida is so unselfish and it was a blast watching them operate. Humphrey has pretty much unlimited range (as we used to say in the country "he could shoot from the patch"). Noah gets all the pub but Big Al is a beast! Brewer and Conley were both like a glove and I don't think enough can be said about the effort the 19 year old Oden gave! Great game! As unforgetable year as it was for KY it is funny to think that they were within a basket of both Florida and UCLA with under 10 seconds to go this year! I told my friend the exact same thing. With the type of game Oden was having, I said Matta should tell the team that they cannot shoot a 3 pointer until Oden touches the ball at least once, unless it is under 5 seconds on the shot clock. The natural tendency is to shoot yourself back into the game using threes, but in reality, it's only one more point than a two. If you're missing that many threes, you're giving up the chance for two points more often than you're gaining that one point on a three. But of course, even when OSU got two pointers, they failed to get a stop on the other end. It seemed that the only time they were capable of making a stop was when they hadn't scored on the previous posession. Seemed like every time they scored, so did Florida. I don't think OSU ever had the ball with a chance to cut it under 5 in the second half.
April 3, 200719 yr Isn't the Calathes kid a pretty good shooter? He looked pretty good in the Mickie D's game.
April 3, 200719 yr I have never seen a team play as relaxed as Florida does on offense. They never get tight. Every time Ohio St would cut it to 6 or 7 Florida would hit a big 3.
April 3, 200719 yr Any younger BGP like myself notice Corey Brewer wears the OLD school Penny shoes to play in! I did! I loved those shoes, I had a pair when I was like in 7th grade... oh the memories. :lol:
April 3, 200719 yr It just stinks that OSU couldn't hit any shots tonight...if they could...they would've won by 2 scores. If Xavier or Tennessee could hit free throws, OSU wouldn't have been in the game.
April 3, 200719 yr It just stinks that OSU couldn't hit any shots tonight...if they could...they would've won by 2 scores. You have to give Florida credit for not giving Ohio St many good looks. Lewis never got a good look all night and he is their best shooter. Butler was probably the 1 player who had good looks, who usually shoots well, but he couldnt buy 1 tonight.
April 3, 200719 yr Florida flat out proved they are going to go down in history as one of the best teams ever. Only starting 5 to repeat as national champs and they did it in convincing fashion. Game Breaker: Humphrey and Brewer's outside shooting. Neither could be stopped form outside. Florida 10 for 18 beyond the arc...OSU 4 for 23...Enough said. My only question is why was Ohio St shooting 3's when they had all 3 big men with 3 fouls and Oden is absolutely dominating inside? Lewis was virtually non existent from beyond the arc. All in all, great season by both teams, but Ohio St will be back next year. Oden and Conley both want a national championship. If all 4 juniors come back, we could see the saem match up next year as well. Either way one of these two teams will be back next year if all cards fall right. Was very impressed when Donovan said in a ESPN interview "I sit up here very humble. I was lucky enough these past two years to coach one of the best teams ever..." Is there any chance Oden will return? I figured he was gone for sure and I still do unless I hear otherwise. But anyway, he is a monster. When he got the ball inside it reminded me of Shaq in the NBA when teams try to play him man-to-man. It was impressive to me, because Noah, Richard and Horford aren't exactly slouches and they were helpless against Oden. I knew he was good, but what I saw last night is closer to what I'd been expecting from him.
April 3, 200719 yr GT...I told you I was going to do this!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't really care who won..Must admit very nice win by the Gators! Hands down an amazing team! OK let me just say...................I watched the game but what I really enjoyed was the post game (ain't that right GT)!!! And YES..I am about to go on an ugly, unchristian like rant! - Mr. Noah..Do you have eye problems? Why do you wear sunglasses inside? - Joakim..while I think it is great that you wanted to hug your parents before celebrating with your team. Did you real feel it necessary to get to their seats via Texas??? I have never seen someone take such a long route to get to such important people...oh wait I forgot you were on national tv and nobody ever pays any attention to you!! - Joakim is that the lastest fashion in wearing a hat?? Oh wait..I forgot you were on national tv and nobody ever pays any attention to you! - Joakim many say you speak well :confused: What happened to you in the post game :confused: Did all that excitement just get the best of you as you embarrassed yourself, your school and your parents. It was very nice of you to tell the nation you were going to party like a rock star..because we probably couldn't figure that out. :rolleyes: I am not sure what finally made you stop...I would have hoped it was the raising of a hand and the look that your coach gave you. One thing I missed that I thought for sure we would see was "the dance"!! - BTW..I am sure your parents have plenty of money...get your teeth fixed. - Is it just me or does Eddie Munster I mean Billy D need his teeth fixed too?? I know I have forgotten a few things that I saw last night....but hey that's what other post are for!!
April 3, 200719 yr GT...I told you I was going to do this!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't really care who won..Must admit very nice win by the Gators! Hands down an amazing team! OK let me just say...................I watched the game but what I really enjoyed was the post game (ain't that right GT)!!! And YES..I am about to go on an ugly, unchristian like rant! - Mr. Noah..Do you have eye problems? Why do you wear sunglasses inside? - Joakim..while I think it is great that you wanted to hug your parents before celebrating with your team. Did you real feel it necessary to get to their seats via Texas??? I have never seen someone take such a long route to get to such important people...oh wait I forgot you were on national tv and nobody ever pays any attention to you!! - Joakim is that the lastest fashion in wearing a hat?? Oh wait..I forgot you were on national tv and nobody ever pays any attention to you! - Joakim many say you speak well :confused: What happened to you in the post game :confused: Did all that excitement just get the best of you as you embarrassed yourself, your school and your parents. It was very nice of you to tell the nation you were going to party like a rock star..because we probably couldn't figure that out. :rolleyes: I am not sure what finally made you stop...I would have hoped it was the raising of a hand and the look that your coach gave you. One thing I missed that I thought for sure we would see was "the dance"!! - BTW..I am sure your parents have plenty of money...get your teeth fixed. - Is it just me or does Eddie Munster I mean Billy D need his teeth fixed too?? I know I have forgotten a few things that I saw last night....but hey that's what other post are for!! haha Nice :thumb:
April 3, 200719 yr Noah: "Once, tice, fee times a mady!!!" Translation: "We are so happy to accomplish our goal of winning the title back-to-back!" Noah: "Una panoona bonga!" Translation: "Thanks to my teammates, coaches, and the great Gator fans!" Noah: "Di got debbi dabis eyezzz!!!" Translation: "I'm going to Disney World!!!"
April 3, 200719 yr Wow !! Oden looks like a monster! Good thing their wasn't a foul called on this block jeess..:
April 3, 200719 yr Wow !! Oden looks like a monster! Good thing their wasn't a foul called on this block jeess..: Amazing that a foul wasn't called considering that it was indeed a hard foul and considering the number of stupid fouls the refs called all season.
April 3, 200719 yr Amazing that a foul wasn't called considering that it was indeed a hard foul and considering the number of stupid fouls the refs called all season. Agreed.. how can they not call that but call all the other cheap fouls (both ways)?
April 3, 200719 yr Agreed.. how can they not call that but call all the other cheap fouls (both ways)? I thought it looked even worse in real time. The refs dominated the final four this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.