April 3, 200719 yr Its not quite Tuesday yet.:sssh: Ahhhh whats 6 minutes. I couldn't take it anymore. :lol:
April 3, 200719 yr Author And Green, they would definitely have as good of a shot at the title as any other team in the country. A good shot, no doubt. But without Humphrey, they don't go all the way.
April 3, 200719 yr And Green, they would definitely have as good of a shot at the title as any other team in the country. If nobody from UF leaves early (a big if that probably won't happen), then we could see another UF/OSU final if the brackets allow.
April 3, 200719 yr O$U obviously didn't see the Florida/KY game. I remember being so freakin frustrated that UK kept jacking up 3's while they were dominating them inside and had Florida in foul trouble. HHHHMMMMMMM O$U dominated inside and blew it jacking up the 3 ball while they were cold. That was all going on while all of Florida's big men were in foul trouble. Erie!!! I will say that it was fun watching both teams play as they defended the ball and passed well. Florida is so unselfish and it was a blast watching them operate. Humphrey has pretty much unlimited range (as we used to say in the country "he could shoot from the patch"). Noah gets all the pub but Big Al is a beast! Brewer and Conley were both like a glove and I don't think enough can be said about the effort the 19 year old Oden gave! Great game! As unforgetable year as it was for KY it is funny to think that they were within a basket of both Florida and UCLA with under 10 seconds to go this year!
April 3, 200719 yr Florida flat out proved they are going to go down in history as one of the best teams ever. Only starting 5 to repeat as national champs and they did it in convincing fashion. Game Breaker: Humphrey and Brewer's outside shooting. Neither could be stopped form outside. Florida 10 for 18 beyond the arc...OSU 4 for 23...Enough said. My only question is why was Ohio St shooting 3's when they had all 3 big men with 3 fouls and Oden is absolutely dominating inside? Lewis was virtually non existent from beyond the arc. All in all, great season by both teams, but Ohio St will be back next year. Oden and Conley both want a national championship. If all 4 juniors come back, we could see the saem match up next year as well. Either way one of these two teams will be back next year if all cards fall right. Was very impressed when Donovan said in a ESPN interview "I sit up here very humble. I was lucky enough these past two years to coach one of the best teams ever..."
April 3, 200719 yr Maybe he was adopted. :laugh: :laugh: I don't know, did you see his dad? His looks must definately come from him and not the mother.
April 3, 200719 yr Florida proved that they are THE best team in the nation last night in the NC game. The Gators are a perfect example of what "Team" basketball should be. I don't like the Gators bc of Noah and they are a big rival of my Wildcats but I have to give credit where credit is due, that is a great basketball team. Just think, that team is mostly Juniors :eek: and most of their families have money. Does anyone think that they all come back for a try at a three-peat??
April 3, 200719 yr I'm not sure that he's going for style points :lol:... :thumb: :laugh: I think that they all count for 2pts., who cares how he does it?
April 3, 200719 yr Even if Noah, Brewer and Horford were to come back again, no way they would three peat without Humphrey. They very possibly could if they get another "ligts out" shooter.
April 3, 200719 yr Florida proved that they are THE best team in the nation last night in the NC game. The Gators are a perfect example of what "Team" basketball should be. I don't like the Gators bc of Noah and they are a big rival of my Wildcats but I have to give credit where credit is due, that is a great basketball team. Just think, that team is mostly Juniors :eek: and most of their families have money..Does anyone think that they all come back for a try at a three-peat?? IF they all come back, no doubt in my mind they'll 3 peat. It will be a lot tougher road considering they won't have Humphrey and his lights out shooting, but Brewer, Horford, Noah, Green plus the great recruits DONOVAN is going to bring down there, are enough to win it all again. We very well could see the same match up next year. Oden will be back for his soph season.
April 3, 200719 yr In case you guys didn't hear billy P last night. Oden played the entire 2nd half and was tired. He also wasn't coming out to hedge, on screens at the top of the key. Which according to packer was huge in the game. Was listening to MIke and MIke this morning they had Jay Bilas on and Golic made mention that Packer kept saying it was huge in the game. Bilas said " I really didn't think it was that big of a deal, thats how oden stayed out of foul trouble." Pretty funny that Bilas said the opposite of packer.
April 3, 200719 yr In case you guys didn't hear billy P last night. Oden played the entire 2nd half and was tired. He also wasn't coming out to hedge, on screens at the top of the key. Which according to packer was huge in the game. Was listening to MIke and MIke this morning they had Jay Bilas on and Golic made mention that Packer kept saying it was huge in the game. Bilas said " I really didn't think it was that big of a deal, thats how oden stayed out of foul trouble." Pretty funny that Bilas said the opposite of packer. I try my best to block Billy Packer out and not listen or acknowledge anything that he might say. There were more than one thread on packer last season and I believe that they may had set a BGP record on it being the only thing that everyone agreed on :eek: :eek: , that they really dislike B.P.. :lol:
April 3, 200719 yr They very possibly could if they get another "ligts out" shooter. Isn't the Calathes kid a pretty good shooter?
April 3, 200719 yr Isn't the Calathes kid a pretty good shooter? Yeah he is, I was just speaking of a shooter to replace Humphreys.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.