Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corey Pelle To ...

Featured Replies

NKU is already loaded at guard for next year. McFarland, Bibbins, Kimmey, Teague, Kreamer, Hawkins AND Finnell are 10 times better that Pelle will ever think of being. Also, Pelle scored all of his points against very bad competition in a bad region. Also, if Pelle was so good, why were there not other GLVC teams such as Bellarmine, Indianapolis, Kentucky Wesleyan or Southern Indiana not recruiting him? I can tell you why...he is not capable of playing at that level. NKU is trying to compete at the national level and needs Steven Wright-type players and not Corey Pelle-type players.

While I'm at it, let's not forget he is NOT 6'0" but instead he is closer to 5'9" in gym shoes.

 

so statman, how many "Steven Wright type players" does NKU have besides Steven Wright?

  • Replies 66
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McFarland and Bibbins are not 10 times better than Pelle because they are not even better than Pelle at all. Bibbins is too small of a guard for Div II and we all know why McFarland got a schloarship to NKU.

 

I know for sure that Pelle is 6'1" because I stood right next to him at a AAU game this past summer and he was a hairline taller than me and I know I am for sure 6'0".

 

You make like NKU had such a great team this year, but they sure didn't compete at the national level this year now did they.

 

They are all great players. Each one brings something different to the table: Pelle's offensive skills, McFarland's defensive ability, Bibbin's does a great job of penetrating. I wish that I could have seen them all play together at NKU :thumb:.

I have to admit that when I first heard Bibbins and McFarland were going to NKU that there was no way, but both of those young men have proven that they can play at that level. If I remember correctly, Bibbins walked on the team and McFarland basically did too(I heard he was on an academic scholarship).

Anyways, I wish Corey Pelle the best of luck at WLSU! It was a pleasure to watch him the few times I did

  • Author
NKU is already loaded at guard for next year. McFarland, Bibbins, Kimmey, Teague, Kreamer, Hawkins AND Finnell are 10 times better that Pelle will ever think of being. Also, Pelle scored all of his points against very bad competition in a bad region.
Mr. Statmanhensley - I always respect your opinion and I know that you are a thoroughly knowlegeable NKU fan.

 

HOWEVER, you have completely missed the boat on Corey Pelle.

 

In most cases I would agree that Division III players who put huge numbers are grossly over-rated and normally can't compete with their Divsion I-II high school counterparts. That is not the case here. Corey Pelle is one of the finest players to come out of Northern Kentucky, period. He could have started for us (Brossart) or ANY team in Northern Kentucky or the 10th Region and been a MAJOR impact player. He is legitimately 6'0"/6'1" and could have been taught to play defense at the D-II college level. Bibbins and McFarland were not on the same planet when they were in high school. Pelle would have been a fantastic addition to the Norse program and would have become a huge local favorite.

 

Unfortunately, you and others at NKU put a "Silver Grove - Division III - Overrated" label on him. Unfortunately you are dead wrong!

 

Unfortunately, the big one got away!!!

Congrats to Corey!!! He completely amazed me on the court and such a great person off the court. The Pelle family did a great job with that kid. Keep up the good work on and off the court!

NKU is already loaded at guard for next year. McFarland, Bibbins, Kimmey, Teague, Kreamer, Hawkins AND Finnell are 10 times better that Pelle will ever think of being.

 

Statman - be careful. I'd suggest you get out and see the kid play before you write him off. He put 28 up in a scrimamge against CURRENT WLSU players. That tells me he can play at that level (including my beloved Norse). He's better offensively than McFarland (who I like) and he's not a PG like Bibbins so that may not be a valid comparison. Kimmey is questionable IMO.

and we all know why McFarland got a schloarship to NKU.

 

.

 

Before we start throwing stones, realize that McFarland is not on b-ball scholarship (unless that has changed) but ,rather, he is on an academic scholarship.

McFarland starts however, which shows how much the politics play a role at NKU. They had 4 or 5 D 1 transfers-didn't seem to make any sense.

 

As for Corey, "he is a high D 2 or low D 1 player." That is an exact quote from Mike Code, the best defensive coach in the state. In talking to him he said there is only one player who came close to Corey's offensive ability this year and that was Darius Miller.

 

As for SG's schedule I think some people need their eyes opened. You are only allowed to play 23 games (2 tourneys can count for 1 game each), so basically 21 regular season games. SG is bound to 14 conference games in the NKAC (Beechwood, Ludlow, etc.) Also, they must play every team in the district once. They already play Calvary in the NKAC, so that leaves Brossart, Scott and Campbell. So now your are up to 17 games. That leaves St. Pat, Pendleton, Bracken and Deming (all 10th region teams). Many of you don't realize SG only has 79 students in the high school and every team they play is bigger than them and they are bound to 17 games every year. That is why their coach scheduled Moeller, Turpin, Finneytown, Holmes, Boone, Dixie, NewCath, Highlands, etc. over the summer. They competed with all of them. As for Corey, I personally witnessed him have 26 points and 10 assists against the Derek Smith West AAU that included Pettigrew, Beckham, Beaumont, etc.

 

Flat out-Pelle is a player and the overall best in Northern Kentucky. NKU dropped the ball and WLSC got a steal. Statmen Hensley-you are entirely clueless on this entire situation and your evaluation on talent is way off.

WLSC Roster last season:

 

10 Anthony King Guard 5-11 190 Jr. Annandale, VA

11 Ben Howlett Guard 6-0 170 So. Marietta, OH

12 Corey McDuffie Guard 6-0 182 Sr. Marion, OH

14 Nathan Kennedy Point Guard 5-8 160 So. Hurricane, WV

20 Dan Binggeli Guard 6-2 195 Jr. Olmsted Falls, OH

22 Matt Blair Guard 6-2 180 Jr. Weirton, WV

24 Chris Blair Forward 6-5 215 Sr. Weirton, WV

30 Chris Banal Forward 6-4 205 Jr. Wheeling, WV

32 John Wolosinczuk Forward 6-8 180 Fr. Akron, OH

33 Michael Mathey Guard 6-2 175 Fr. Prospect, OH

34 Mike Manning Guard 6-2 195 Jr. Grafton, WV

42 Scott Mirich Forward 6-5 185 Fr. Martins Ferry, OH

44 Kameron Law Forward 6-8 210 So. Morgantown, WV

50 Shane Maynard Forward 6-4 200 Jr. Beckley, WV

and we all know why McFarland got a schloarship to NKU.

I don't. Care to fill me in?
WLSC Roster last season:

 

10 Anthony King Guard 5-11 190 Jr. Annandale, VA

11 Ben Howlett Guard 6-0 170 So. Marietta, OH

12 Corey McDuffie Guard 6-0 182 Sr. Marion, OH

14 Nathan Kennedy Point Guard 5-8 160 So. Hurricane, WV

20 Dan Binggeli Guard 6-2 195 Jr. Olmsted Falls, OH

22 Matt Blair Guard 6-2 180 Jr. Weirton, WV

24 Chris Blair Forward 6-5 215 Sr. Weirton, WV

30 Chris Banal Forward 6-4 205 Jr. Wheeling, WV

32 John Wolosinczuk Forward 6-8 180 Fr. Akron, OH

33 Michael Mathey Guard 6-2 175 Fr. Prospect, OH

34 Mike Manning Guard 6-2 195 Jr. Grafton, WV

42 Scott Mirich Forward 6-5 185 Fr. Martins Ferry, OH

44 Kameron Law Forward 6-8 210 So. Morgantown, WV

50 Shane Maynard Forward 6-4 200 Jr. Beckley, WV

 

Interesting that the vast majority of these kids are within an hour or two of Wheeling??

I agree, WLSC is as far North in West Virginia as you can possibly be with out being in Pennsylvania if its the school i'm thinking of. You'd think Weeling Jesuit would have gotten alot of these kids, but they may have been overlooked as well. I'm wondering how far it is from Silver Grove probabily 6-9 hours, but I could be way off on that though.

With a roster of shorter players they must like to run and gun.

I don't. Care to fill me in?

 

 

McFarland's dad is a assistant coach at NKU. Get the picture.

 

This is my last comment on McFarland.

Silver Grove to West Liberty is 3 hrs and 30 minutes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.