Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corey Pelle To ...

Featured Replies

First, congratulations to Corey on his choice.

 

Second, how does NKU not offer him a schloarship when he is better than some players currently on the NKU team?

  • Replies 66
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, congratulations to Corey on his choice.

 

Second, how does NKU not offer him a schloarship when he is better than some players currently on the NKU team?

Looks like NKU is following the Tubby recruting system.:D

 

I had the chance to get to know Corey over the summer with him and my brother playing on the same team, and I just have to say not only is he a good ball player but a great kid. I wish him the best of luck in his future and congratulations.:dancingpa

Corey is a great ball player and a great person off the court also. I was lucky to get the chance to play with him for two seasons and also get to watch him the past two seasons. He is one of the best to ever play at Silver Grove and he has made this town proud. Now is his opportunity to show the colleges that did not recruit him that they made a huge mistake. He will help out this team out a lot. It is a great day in the Train City of Silver Grove.

 

Congrats Corey!!!:thumb: :thumb:

I also wanted to send congrats out to Coach Bacigalupo on getting his first basketball player signed as a head coach. He, as i have said over and over on here, does a great job with the kids and has been pushing corey extra hard to hit the books and make sure he is able to go to the next level and play college basketball. What a great accomplishment and this should make Coach just as proud as the Pelle family and also the town of Silver Grove, who, as I can tell you when everyone hears the news, will be very excited. Congrats again to both Corey and his coach, Coach Bacigalupo.

You guys have made this school and town proud!!:thumb:

Well said.

 

It is truly a great day to be a Grover. This is the first time since 1974 that a Silver Grove boy has signed a full scholarship a NCAA school.

 

However, there was a resident of Silver Grove who was a pretty good athlete that signed at UK in '99. (Derek Smith)

 

This should add to the excitement of Alumni night at the Grove tonight!

Is he really good enough to play at WLSU?? I'm not saying he isn't because i've never seen him play so I won't judge a player before I've seen them play, but the reason why I was asking is because I didn't see his name in any of the player ratings in the state or even the region. If he's so talented then why is he so under the radar?? I know Silver Grove is a small school but talent is talent so why didn't he stand out to coaches across the region in the pre-season ratings?? Was he injured or something last season, or is there something oposing coaches have against Silver Grove??

 

I'm not trying to say anything negative, just saying a kid that signed with one of the top DII teams schools in the country not even being mentioned as one of the top players in the region is just ridiculas IMO, what gives. The kid can obviously play.

 

Anyway with that being said and those questions being ask I'd like to send congrats out to CP on behalf of eastern Ky. This is a big deal, cherish it and get your education. Thats the most important thing that will come out of this.

Well said.

 

It is truly a great day to be a Grover. This is the first time since 1974 that a Silver Grove boy has signed a full scholarship a NCAA school. However, there was a resident of Silver Grove who was a pretty good athlete that signed at UK in '99. (Derek Smith)

 

This should add to the excitement of Alumni night at the Grove tonight!

 

Since I'm not up on my Big Train history, who was this?

Second, how does NKU not offer him a schloarship when he is better than some players currently on the NKU team?

 

Looks like NKU is following the Tubby recruting system.:D

 

NKU is already loaded at guard for next year. McFarland, Bibbins, Kimmey, Teague, Kreamer, Hawkins AND Finnell are 10 times better that Pelle will ever think of being. Also, Pelle scored all of his points against very bad competition in a bad region. Also, if Pelle was so good, why were there not other GLVC teams such as Bellarmine, Indianapolis, Kentucky Wesleyan or Southern Indiana not recruiting him? I can tell you why...he is not capable of playing at that level. NKU is trying to compete at the national level and needs Steven Wright-type players and not Corey Pelle-type players.

 

While I'm at it, let's not forget he is NOT 6'0" but instead he is closer to 5'9" in gym shoes.

Congrats to him on getting to play college ball.

 

I didn't know where West Liberty was, outside Wheeling for anyone that cares. lol

 

2,200 kids at the school and they go by the name Hilltoppers.

 

Last but not least.

 

The team finished 25-5 last year, 17-1 in conference.

 

Their season ended in the Division 2 first round when they were upset by California College out of Pennsylvania. 82-79 in overtime.

 

I know you all wanted to know all that info, SO I dug it up for you. : )

NKU is already loaded at guard for next year. McFarland, Bibbins, Kimmey, Teague, Kreamer, Hawkins AND Finnell are 10 times better that Pelle will ever think of being. Also, Pelle scored all of his points against very bad competition in a bad region. Also, if Pelle was so good, why were there not other GLVC teams such as Bellarmine, Indianapolis, Kentucky Wesleyan or Southern Indiana not recruiting him? I can tell you why...he is not capable of playing at that level. NKU is trying to compete at the national level and needs Steven Wright-type players and not Corey Pelle-type players.

 

While I'm at it, let's not forget he is NOT 6'0" but instead he is closer to 5'9" in gym shoes.

 

 

McFarland and Bibbins are not 10 times better than Pelle because they are not even better than Pelle at all. Bibbins is too small of a guard for Div II and we all know why McFarland got a schloarship to NKU.

 

I know for sure that Pelle is 6'1" because I stood right next to him at a AAU game this past summer and he was a hairline taller than me and I know I am for sure 6'0".

 

You make like NKU had such a great team this year, but they sure didn't compete at the national level this year now did they.

NKU is already loaded at guard for next year. McFarland, Bibbins, Kimmey, Teague, Kreamer, Hawkins AND Finnell are 10 times better that Pelle will ever think of being. Also, Pelle scored all of his points against very bad competition in a bad region. Also, if Pelle was so good, why were there not other GLVC teams such as Bellarmine, Indianapolis, Kentucky Wesleyan or Southern Indiana not recruiting him? I can tell you why...he is not capable of playing at that level. NKU is trying to compete at the national level and needs Steven Wright-type players and not Corey Pelle-type players.

 

While I'm at it, let's not forget he is NOT 6'0" but instead he is closer to 5'9" in gym shoes.

 

First Corey is a legit 6'0"-6'1" and plays a lot bigger due to his leaping abiltiy; and can certainly more than hold his own against the NKU guards you mentioned, especially McFarland & Bibbins!! He was very successful last spring/summer on the AAU circuit against top quality opponents, so don't hold his school's schedule against him. How do you know those other schools WEREN'T after him??

 

Now for your statement that he scored all his points against "very bad competition in a very bad region"?? Did you watch ANY HS basketball this year?? While SG is a very small school and didn't play Scott County and Ballard 15 times each; they did play a competitive schedule and played in the 37th district with Scott and Bishop Brossart in probably the best district in the 10th region!! Besides the 7th & 11th regions, I'd say the 10th was right there for third toughest along with a couple others. If the 10th region is "very bad" as you suggest; then what are the other 13-14 regions behind them??

McFarland and Bibbins are not 10 times better than Pelle because they are not even better than Pelle at all. Bibbins is too small of a guard for Div II and we all know why McFarland got a schloarship to NKU.

 

I know for sure that Pelle is 6'1" because I stood right next to him at a AAU game this past summer and he was a hairline taller than me and I know I am for sure 6'0".

 

You make like NKU had such a great team this year, but they sure didn't compete at the national level this year now did they.

:thumb: :thumb:

You make like NKU had such a great team this year, but they sure didn't compete at the national level this year now did they.

 

Only an unknowledgable fan could say that NKU was not nationally competitive this season. NKU ended Findlay's 59 game home win streak AND was one win away from the Elite 8. NKU's biggest problem prior to Dave Bezold taking the job was recruiting too many NKY players. Coach Bezold is now trying to bring in the Steven Wright's, Billy Finnell's, Anthony Teague's, and etc. to be nationally competitive and he's done a good job of doing that. You will not compete nationally with 9th & 10th Region players dominanting a roster.

And when I said region, I was meaning region of the state....not the actual region they're placed into by the KHSAA.

 

I will agree that the 10th Region is one of the better one's in the state...I should have used a better word for that statement that I made....maybe I should have said geographic area/region instead.

NKU is already loaded at guard for next year. McFarland, Bibbins, Kimmey, Teague, Kreamer, Hawkins AND Finnell are 10 times better that Pelle will ever think of being. Also, Pelle scored all of his points against very bad competition in a bad region. Also, if Pelle was so good, why were there not other GLVC teams such as Bellarmine, Indianapolis, Kentucky Wesleyan or Southern Indiana not recruiting him? I can tell you why...he is not capable of playing at that level. NKU is trying to compete at the national level and needs Steven Wright-type players and not Corey Pelle-type players.

 

While I'm at it, let's not forget he is NOT 6'0" but instead he is closer to 5'9" in gym shoes.

 

I've got one major thing to say here, YOU MUST NOT HAVE SEEN PELLE PLAY THIS YEAR!! And if you did, then you must not know talent when you see it.

 

Don't forhet that Pelle put up 35 against Brossart @ Brossart, and put up over 20 the other two times they played them this year. Keep in mind that Brossart is one of the toughest defensive teams in the state.

 

I would also like to know how you could sit here and bad mouth a high school basketball player. He's a young man don't forget. He's a great kid on and off the floor. He gets along with anybody. He is also a great basketball player, you can ask anyone around the northern kentucky area and i bet you that almost everyone one of them will agree that he is a great player and extremely fun to watch play.

 

A school like West Liberty State offered him this scholarship because he went on a college visit there a couple weeks ago, practiced with them, and scored 28 points in the game. Yes, that's right, I said 28 points.

 

I can't wait for the next 4 years when he is showing you that he did deserve this scholarship and he doesn't need your congratulations because he will recieve from everyone that he talks to.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.