Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching changes?

Featured Replies

I've heard Rison of Montgomery has retired recently in the last few days. Any truth?

  • Replies 93
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like mustang has it wrong. I also talked to many at the 10th region tournament and none mentioned the story quoted but actually was told it was old news rumor from last year and nothing to it. Wonder why it was brought up again. Makes you want to say :rolleyes:

Someone told me today of a couple rumors that may make sense. They said that the Morgan job was now open & that Lee Co's coach would take over. Not sure if this is accurate or not but the pieces seem to fit since Lee's coach is from Morgan (iIm not 100% sure). Anyone heard anything??

I've heard Rison of Montgomery has retired recently in the last few days. Any truth?

 

I heard that also. He was asked to make some changes or retire.

The only coaching position that Morgan County has open at the present time is the Head football position. Coach Perry has not resigned to my knowledge. If anyone has anything different please feel free to respond.

Could the 10th region change possibly be a former coach coming back to his old school?

 

Originally Posted by jahearme

There is possibly one in the 10th that might make a lot of noise. I want to make sure it is official before I post it though.

 

Originally Posted by Old Teacher

Sounds like mustang has it wrong. I also talked to many at the 10th region tournament and none mentioned the story quoted but actually was told it was old news rumor from last year and nothing to it. Wonder why it was brought up again. Makes you want to say :rolleyes:

 

Old Teacher you are relentless.

 

I didn't start the rumor - I was simply expounding on the two posts listed above from early in this thread, cutting away the veil of mystery, as this was a quite speculated upon subject at the 10th Region tournament. If I'd have known you were going to turn it personal, I'd have stayed out of it.

 

If indeed I have it wrong then so do some sources close to your program.

 

I'll stand by my "wait and see" what transpires at the end of the school year. If there is a change then it will be interesting to see who becomes interested in the job, and if not, I'm sure Mike will do his usual fine job coaching the Camels and we will continue to be rivals on the court and friends off of it.

 

Again - Don't shoot the messenger!

I heard that also. He was asked to make some changes or retire.

 

 

Isn't his brother the Athletic Director at Montgomery Co.? What kind of changes was he supposedly asked to make?

I've heard Rison of Montgomery has retired recently in the last few days. Any truth?

I heard the same thing. Anyone know?

Originally Posted by jahearme

There is possibly one in the 10th that might make a lot of noise. I want to make sure it is official before I post it though.

 

Originally Posted by Old Teacher

Sounds like mustang has it wrong. I also talked to many at the 10th region tournament and none mentioned the story quoted but actually was told it was old news rumor from last year and nothing to it. Wonder why it was brought up again. Makes you want to say :rolleyes:

 

Old Teacher you are relentless.

 

I didn't start the rumor - I was simply expounding on the two posts listed above from early in this thread, cutting away the veil of mystery, as this was a quite speculated upon subject at the 10th Region tournament. If I'd have known you were going to turn it personal, I'd have stayed out of it.

 

If indeed I have it wrong then so do some sources close to your program.

 

I'll stand by my "wait and see" what transpires at the end of the school year. If there is a change then it will be interesting to see who becomes interested in the job, and if not, I'm sure Mike will do his usual fine job coaching the Camels and we will continue to be rivals on the court and friends off of it.

 

Again - Don't shoot the messenger!

 

jahearme Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang

Wow! What's the big suspense???

 

Talk of the 10th Region Tournament was that Mike Reitz has resigned at Campbell County and will take the head coaching job at Harrison County, where his son will be a sophomore.

 

Lee Kendall, according to the rumor, was headed to the Fillies program to coach the girls.

 

Don't shoot the messenger!

 

 

I wouldn't count on this. [/b]

 

 

 

 

Your defense is a statement from someone else who told you not to count on this?! Good debate point.

 

Then you go and lay validity to your effort by claiming someone close to my program. Give it up. You were called out and cannot support it. You have also not taken up the challenge to call Mr. Reitz and ask him yourself, why not? You want to act like mr. inside information guy but you are not in this case, you are simply mixing the pot for some reason and it is not a benefit to Campbell County. But all the while you will claim to be a friend?!

Hey OT let it go. Mustang seems to be a straight enough guy alright. He is correct in that he didn't start the rumor.

Nobody will force coach Rison into retirement. In my opinion he is just as much a part of the Indian tradition as the barn. Coach if you are reading this, good luck next season and good luck with softball, enjoy your time off. Oh by the way, this is me, not troy!!!!!

The Morgan Co. FOOTBALL job is open, not basketball.

I hear Matt Yates has applied for the Danville job

I guess the rules for posting incorrect or false information does not apply in this thread!

Now that most of the schools that have been beaten out that this applies too, where are all the coaching changes going to take place?

 

14th - Possible changes

1.Perry

2.Hazard

3.Leslie

4.Jackson City

5.Lee

6.Knott

7.Letcher

 

And this is just in the boys, the girls will have several too.

 

 

7 out of 17 teams, 41% of the teams in the region.........y is this number so high?

Anyone know anyone possibly filling these jobs?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.