Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching changes?

Featured Replies

13th possiblities:

BellCo.

Cawood

Knox Central

Whitley Co.

North Laurel -at one time, but he did a great job at the end. Bettter keep him.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard Rison of Montgomery has retired recently in the last few days. Any truth?

 

I heard that also. He was asked to make some changes or retire.

 

This is 100% false. If Coach Rison decides to retire, it will be his own decision without any pressure from anyone else. He has not been asked to make any changes and he has not been asked to retire. Why would anyone want him to make changes or retire? :confused: The man has won over 500 games, which according to the KHSAA, puts him in the top five among active coaches. He won the 10th region tournament in 1995 and has taken 20 teams to the regional tournament in the last 21 years.....in a very competetive 40th district I might add. I'm not saying he won't retire, but if he does so, it will be HIS decision and his alone. :thumb:

This is 100% false. If Coach Rison decides to retire, it will be his own decision without any pressure from anyone else. He has not been asked to make any changes and he has not been asked to retire. Why would anyone want him to make changes or retire? :confused: The man has won over 500 games, which according to the KHSAA, puts him in the top five among active coaches. He won the 10th region tournament in 1995 and has taken 20 teams to the regional tournament in the last 21 years.....in a very competetive 40th district I might add. I'm not saying he won't retire, but if he does so, it will be HIS decision and his alone. :thumb:

 

 

I didn't say he was being pressured at all..... I have heard from some players AT Montgomery that their coach has retired....I was just trying to verify that.

Wow--Just got onto this thread and the Camel faithful seem to be out in force against poor Mustang, as he just related a rather common rumor from the 10th region tourney?? Maybe a few of them ought to have visited down Maysville way, and they might not have been so hard on him?? Coach Reitz seems like a great guy and hopefully will stay with the Camels; especially since they stand to reverse their recent losing ways next year, and I've heard may be even upgrading their modest schedule a little next year??

I didn't say he was being pressured at all..... I have heard from some players AT Montgomery that their coach has retired....I was just trying to verify that.

 

I know you didn't, but another poster had implied that he was being pressured. The truth is, he is considering retirement. No official decision has been made, and he is not being pressured into retirement or into making any changes. Whatever he decides will be totally his decision. Expect that decision to be made by the first of next week.

I know you didn't, but another poster had implied that he was being pressured. The truth is, he is considering retirement. No official decision has been made, and he is not being pressured into retirement or into making any changes. Whatever he decides will be totally his decision. Expect that decision to be made by the first of next week.

 

Thanks for clearing that up!:thumb:

20 of 21 to the regional tournament? Wow, that is pretty impressive. I would just like to visit the regional tournament once as a coach, much less 21!!!! In all seriousness however, I hope that next week is not pre-mature. I hope that he can get out of the gym under some good sunlight and get around a different group of kids and enjoy some time before making a decision.

Besides, filling coach high's shoes will be plenty enough work for the administration to tackle much less having to fill two vacancies.

If this is true, he coaches softball as well. So that would be three vacancies.

If this is true, he coaches softball as well. So that would be three vacancies.

He would only be retiring as basketball coach. He would still be the AD at the high school and continue coaching softball.

Thanks el gato for clarifying that. I figured that would be the case, besides a a man needs a little something to do in the afternoons.

This is 100% false. If Coach Rison decides to retire, it will be his own decision without any pressure from anyone else. He has not been asked to make any changes and he has not been asked to retire. Why would anyone want him to make changes or retire? :confused: The man has won over 500 games, which according to the KHSAA, puts him in the top five among active coaches. He won the 10th region tournament in 1995 and has taken 20 teams to the regional tournament in the last 21 years.....in a very competetive 40th district I might add. I'm not saying he won't retire, but if he does so, it will be HIS decision and his alone. :thumb:

 

Deming, Agusta, Bath Co, Nicholas Co, Menifee Co, Paris., pretty competitive schedule

Deming, Agusta, Bath Co, Nicholas Co, Menifee Co, Paris., pretty competitive schedule

Deming, Augusta, & Bath all made their regional tournaments. Paris is in the same district, so they had to play them twice for seed purposes. Bath and Menifee are both border schools that have been on Montgomery's schedule for years. The schedule wasn't as tough this year as maybe it should have been. A lot of that was because they were in the second year of a two year contract with some of these schools that were added to the schedule last year when Montgomery was rebuilding with a very young and inexperienced team. Regardless, the schedule has nothing to do with him contemplating retirement. Like I said earlier, no one is pressuring him to make changes or retire.

Deming, Augusta, & Bath all made their regional tournaments. Paris is in the same district, so they had to play them twice for seed purposes. Bath and Menifee are both border schools that have been on Montgomery's schedule for years. The schedule wasn't as tough this year as maybe it should have been. A lot of that was because they were in the second year of a two year contract with some of these schools that were added to the schedule last year when Montgomery was rebuilding with a very young and inexperienced team. Regardless, the schedule has nothing to do with him contemplating retirement. Like I said earlier, no one is pressuring him to make changes or retire.

 

Preach on, preach on. Well said.

Montgomery is a 4A school in the tenth. How many 4A schools in the tenth? I know GRC but is there anyone else?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.