98NCCalum....the next UK head coach???

98NCCalum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Torre is leaving Yankee Land and buying a horsefarm in Lexington. No longer will Joe manage baseball. He's gonna try his hand at college basketball. "Besides, I'll make more dough." Joe was heard saying. :D

If anyone believes that, go to the mirror, raise your hand and stare at yourself for 5 minutes.

Just for the sake of fun and I am bored, I would suggest Gillipse (spelling) at Texas A&M 'IF" the job came open. Imo ther is no way that Izzo could be pryed away from Mich. St.. Few is good but I am not convinced how good of record he would be on a stage like U.K.. Gonzaga has had a lot of sucsess for them but they do play in a weak conference. He has had some impressive wins over top teams but I am not sure how his record would read if he played/coached in that kind of setting the entire season or with much more expected of him at an elite program.

I don't think either Izzo or Few would leave their current jobs to come to UK (and I'm not sure UK would even try to get Few). I was just adding a couple of names to the list that I've seen thrown around. Personally, I really like Few and would be happy to see him at UK...maybe not my first choice though...and you're right, there would be some questions about moving up from Gonzaga to Kentucky, but you can't discount the job he's done there. This year is probably the worst he's had since he's been there, and where was Gonzaga prior to this run. I think he'd be fine at UK.