Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Mason County

Featured Replies

What does Mason County need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a rebuilding year for Mason or will they be really good like their previous teams?

One thing for sure is Coach Buchanan will have the team prepared and performing above what they believe they can do. Dave is one of the most underrated coaches I know and one of the best. He is a great Coach and a Great man. I have the utmost respect for Coach Buchanan and wish him and the Mason County players and program the very best.

I have all the faith in the world that Coach B will get the most out of what he has. That being said...

 

Develop a backup quarterback.

 

Find a place kicker. Omar Lazalde and Tony Browning graduate.

 

Middle LB/FB graduates.

 

Chase Crawford graduates - one of few Royals with breakaway speed.

 

A couple of linemen will need to step up to replace graduating seniors. Although undersized, MC linemen typically have great motors (e.g. Richard Wells).

 

This is just a first pass; I'm sure I'm missing a few more ingredients.

Darius Miller told us today that he will not play football next season. We will miss him as both a player and person, but we support him in doing what he believes is the best thing for him.

 

He is a fine young man and it has been a wonderful experience to coach him. I speak for our entire staff when I say we are very proud of him, and wish him the best in the future!

 

Our first two days of spring ball have gone very well. We are excited about our team next season. We have alot of work to do, like always. But our attitude is good, and we had alot of fun today. Weather could not have been better!

 

Tentatively, our spring game is scheduled for March 23rd, Friday. The exact time has not been set yet.

 

Also, congratulations to the Royals and Lady Royals on outstanding basketball seasons. We came within a handful of points of sending 2 teams to the state tournament. Both squads really played well all season and especially in the tournaments.

ChiefSmoke Is an unreal coach:thumb: He will have his troops ready for battle. The only games i see them having trouble with is Boone Co. and Russell

ChiefSmoke Is an unreal coach:thumb: He will have his troops ready for battle. The only games i see them having trouble with is Boone Co. and Russell

 

If the team comes together, as they have in spring practice watch out. I believe the O-Line only loses one(even though it is hard to reload a player like Richard Wells) and everyone knows the O-Lne is one of the most important components. The other interesting factor will be linebackers. I want to see how the new guys fill in with the Defense losing 3 starting linebackers. (by the way does anybody know where the Marshall kid is going to college?)

I also think the running back Thompson will have an awesome year. He has the quickness and moves, I just hope that he has hit the weights hard this off-season so he can run through arm-tackles and one guy won't be able to tackle him. If he has, look out.

You also have to remember that Mason has been playing Ashland, Johnson Central, and some AAAA schools. The new AAAAAA brackets are going to help. I agree that if the Royals rise up against the stiff competition in the new alignment, and win against Russell and Boone Co. who knows what next year will be like. :thumb:

From what I hear and what I know about Coach Buchanan, the Royals very well could make some noise this year! The kids and coaches will indeed pull it all together as a team as they do each year, lets just hope the fans, parents and adminstration give them the support they need! From what I can tell the Royals have a very loyal fan base, so we know we'll have their support.

 

How's the field look? The last game there turned it into a mud pit... hopefully they'll get turf as indicated by their board. Any news on that?

 

GO ROYALS!!

I saw the field the other day, unbelieveable but Coach Buchanan has grass back on the field. Not only can he coach but he must carry around some magic Bermuda Grass seed?????????The last 2 games the field was a mudpit. I don't know about turf?????

One thing for sure is Coach Buchanan will have the team prepared and performing above what they believe they can do. Dave is one of the most underrated coaches I know and one of the best. He is a great Coach and a Great man. I have the utmost respect for Coach Buchanan and wish him and the Mason County players and program the very best.

 

I second that!:thumb:

A true class act.

One thing for sure is Coach Buchanan will have the team prepared and performing above what they believe they can do. Dave is one of the most underrated coaches I know and one of the best. He is a great Coach and a Great man. I have the utmost respect for Coach Buchanan and wish him and the Mason County players and program the very best.

 

 

As to the bolded part of your quote, I think Coach Buchanan rates very highly among his peers and anyone in the state who knows anything about high school football.

 

The rest of your message I agree with 110%.

 

:thumb:

As to the bolded part of your quote, I think Coach Buchanan rates very highly among his peers and anyone in the state who knows anything about high school football.

 

The rest of your message I agree with 110%.

 

:thumb:

 

I agree with you 110% as well as far as his peers and anyone who knows football. I have had the pleasure of working with Coach Buchanan and he is a very humble man even though myself and many others believe he is hard to beat as far as knowledge of the game, PLUS, being a great man and leader of young men. I believe we are on the same page Mr. Network when it comes to Coach Buchanan.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.