Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co. Basketball Team

Featured Replies

I don't know how Elliott Co. doe's it. According to most opinion's they have

small, average, mediocre player's. They don't play no defense at all. Their coach is absolute bottom tier. You hardly ever see any of their player's or the team in any ranking's at all. When you do the person or person's who did the poll didn't know what they were doing, and their poll wasn't worth considering.

They are almost non-existent in the local paper's and new's venues. Yet they start five sophomore's(probably would be "one" of the youngest in state) including three who played on last year's regional-runner up team. They have an 19-5 record. Average margin of victory is 16.5ppg. All five loss's combined total twenty(1,3,3,6,7). How you guy's(Elliott) compete with all those minus's I don't know. Whatever the secret is, don't tell anyone and keep up the good work!:thumb:

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen them one time, but they did not look that mediorce to me. All five players appear to be guards that can do several different things including shoot. Defense did not appear to be a priority but they were very aggressive. Apparently they have played together since the 4th grade.

I don't know how Elliott Co. doe's it. According to most opinion's they have

small, average, mediocre player's. They don't play no defense at all. Their coach is absolute bottom tier. You hardly ever see any of their player's or the team in any ranking's at all. When you do the person or person's who did the poll didn't know what they were doing, and their poll wasn't worth considering.

They are almost non-existent in the local paper's and new's venues. Yet they start five sophomore's(probably would be "one" of the youngest in state) including three who played on last year's regional-runner up team. They have an 19-5 record. Average margin of victory is 16.5ppg. All five loss's combined total twenty(1,3,3,6,7). How you guy's(Elliott) compete with all those minus's I don't know. Whatever the secret is, don't tell anyone and keep up the good work!:thumb:

 

I believe one of the Lexington papers had them ranked in the top 25 in the state just a few weeks ago. If thats not recognition of a good team then I'm not really sure what is.If you are speaking of the ADI, well we all know what team they cover and it isnt Elliot or the other 14 teams in the region that dont have the word"Ashland" across their chest. I dont know who's opinions you're listening to but if someone is saying they have mediocre players then I would imagine their opinion isnt worth that much. Elliot has a lot of young talent.They have as good a chance as many teams to make a trip to Lexington this year. I personally look for Elliot to blow up next year and make some serious noise throughout the state. The only minus I could possibly think of saying about Elliot is their experience. Thats the only downfall to their team in my opinion. A lot of pressure is on those 5 sophomores. The future looks very bright at Elliot.

I know it has been talked about on here, but for whatever reason it didn't hit me til I listened to their game in the All A tourney. That is, just how YOUNG this team is. They have a chance to really make quite a run in the 16th for years to come.

I believe one of the Lexington papers had them ranked in the top 25 in the state just a few weeks ago. If thats not recognition of a good team then I'm not really sure what is.If you are speaking of the ADI, well we all know what team they cover and it isnt Elliot or the other 14 teams in the region that dont have the word"Ashland" across their chest. I dont know who's opinions you're listening to but if someone is saying they have mediocre players then I would imagine their opinion isnt worth that much. Elliot has a lot of young talent.They have as good a chance as many teams to make a trip to Lexington this year. I personally look for Elliot to blow up next year and make some serious noise throughout the state. The only minus I could possibly think of saying about Elliot is their experience. Thats the only downfall to their team in my opinion. A lot of pressure is on those 5 sophomores. The future looks very bright at Elliot.

 

Actually, if you think about, even though these boys are sophmores, they have a lot of experience. 6 of their top 7 players ( which all return next year) got minutes in the regional final last year. 4 of their top 7 players have played in big time AAU events across the nation playing against top notch competition and 2 of the 7 have been contributing since the 7th grade and another since the 8th. So really the only player that gets consistant minutes every game that dosent have much experience is 8th grader Timmy Knipp who has gaining vaulable experience this year and is getting better every game.

I don't know how Elliott Co. doe's it. According to most opinion's they have

small, average, mediocre player's. They don't play no defense at all. Their coach is absolute bottom tier. You hardly ever see any of their player's or the team in any ranking's at all. When you do the person or person's who did the poll didn't know what they were doing, and their poll wasn't worth considering.

They are almost non-existent in the local paper's and new's venues. Yet they start five sophomore's(probably would be "one" of the youngest in state) including three who played on last year's regional-runner up team. They have an 19-5 record. Average margin of victory is 16.5ppg. All five loss's combined total twenty(1,3,3,6,7). How you guy's(Elliott) compete with all those minus's I don't know. Whatever the secret is, don't tell anyone and keep up the good work!:thumb:

 

It's called HEART. I'm refering to the three that make them GO. Ferg. and the Faulkner twins. They never stop playing hard.

I think the EC boys are just scared plumb silly to let down their fans... especially the LOUD ones... :eek: :scared: :eek:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

 

Actually, I think Gator nailed it. If those kids had the size to match their heart, no one else in the state would have a chance. :thumb:

I think the EC boys are just scared plumb silly to let down their fans... especially the LOUD ones... :eek: :scared: :eek:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

 

Actually, I think Gator nailed it. If those kids had the size to match their heart, no one else in the state would have a chance. :thumb:

 

I have attended almost everyone of their game's and "I" have not really noticed any fan's that are very loud. You just joking or am I missing something:D :fire:

I don't know how Elliott Co. doe's it. According to most opinion's they have

small, average, mediocre player's. They don't play no defense at all. Their coach is absolute bottom tier. You hardly ever see any of their player's or the team in any ranking's at all. When you do the person or person's who did the poll didn't know what they were doing, and their poll wasn't worth considering.

They are almost non-existent in the local paper's and new's venues. Yet they start five sophomore's(probably would be "one" of the youngest in state) including three who played on last year's regional-runner up team. They have an 19-5 record. Average margin of victory is 16.5ppg. All five loss's combined total twenty(1,3,3,6,7). How you guy's(Elliott) compete with all those minus's I don't know. Whatever the secret is, don't tell anyone and keep up the good work!:thumb:

I have got an idea how they do it. They play with heart and desire.;) Small - average - mediocre players (which I don't think are mediocre at all) that some say are weak defensively. One thing is that they can all shoot the basketball. Elliot is fun to watch .......unless your team is playing them :sssh: :D . They may have all those minuses as some say but I believe that "some" are just jealous of a small school kicking their butts. Some may say their coach s "bottom tier" but he must be doing something right. One thing is that it appears that the kids respect their coach and play their hearts out for him and that goes a long way. I know of some teams/schools where that is not the case and it definately shows. IMO one thing is that they don't have a football program at Sandy Hook/Elliot - those kids play basketball pretty much year round. Small, young, weak and with all of that.............all they do is go out and win.:thumb:

You guys are the most defensive people in the world. I think the tone of this thread was to compliement how well the EC boys play with no recognition, not a lot of size, and a number of other factors against them. They are good that is what we are all saying. Keep up the winning guys.

You guys are the most defensive people in the world. I think the tone of this thread was to compliement how well the EC boys play with no recognition, not a lot of size, and a number of other factors against them. They are good that is what we are all saying. Keep up the winning guys.

I was not trying to be defensive, I knew what the poster meant. "If' you were talking about me who is being so defensive :sssh: ? I was complimenting the Elliot program, not bashing anyone.

I know it has been talked about on here, but for whatever reason it didn't hit me til I listened to their game in the All A tourney. That is, just how YOUNG this team is. They have a chance to really make quite a run in the 16th for years to come.

:thumb: :thumb: Elliot Co. basketball will be a factor in class A and the 16th region for some years to come. :thumb:

I have attended almost everyone of their game's and "I" have not really noticed any fan's that are very loud. You just joking or am I missing something:D :fire:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have attended almost everyone of their game's and "I" have not really noticed any fan's that are very loud. You just joking or am I missing something:D :fire:

 

I'm pretty sure you set behind me when we played Elliott!:walk:

You know I don't think Elliott's defense is that bad. They have problems in the paint due to a lack of size, but they deflect a lot of balls and are very active with their hands. Sometimes alot of points are scored when teams choose to run with them or the press is giving up too many layups,but overall it just ain't that bad.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.