Anyone Ready for Some Baseball??

Spring is just around the corner. I can hear the sound of the ball landing in that mitt. I hear the crack of the bat, the smell of hot dogs and peanuts, cleets hitting the bases , Eric Milton looking up and over his shoulder, and Marty Brennaman's many cliche's. Baseball is my favorite sport and about this time every year, I begin to get excited about another baseball campaign. Even my beloved Reds still have a mathematical chance at this time of the year. This will be my 38th season following Reds' baseball. There is nothing like it. I can remember as a kid running home from school so that I wouldn't miss much of the game on opening day. Many nights during the summer I would go to bed with transistor to my ear as the Reds played into the wee hours on the left coast. So many memories,including some of my very best involve Reds' baseball. It won't be long. I love April!

Anyone else getting ready for some baseball?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No better sport than football but baseball has meant a GREAT deal too my life! My room was wallpapered with baseball teams growing up and I lived baseball 24/7! I cracked half our chimmney from throwing balls off of it practicing when nobody else was around. I had a real bitter taste after the last strike and the steroid scandal.

I feel like last year I was finally coming around some. I don't know that it will ever be what it was when I was little. My dad coached me for 10 years or so and every night he worked in the yard with the Reds on the radio. It feels good to be coming back around though and I am ready for it to start!

More than ready. High School, College, Single A, MLB, doesn't matter, I still cannot wait for some hardball. Im anxious to see how my 120 mil, virgin Centerfielder is going to work in Chicago, I'm anxious to see if Kentucky can have another great season, and I'm also anxious that the Legends will step their game up and not have to rely on Roger's boy to sale tickets this year.

Baseball is a great game, in the past I have played it, coached it (at all youth levels) and have umpired it some. I love it. I am still focusing on U.K. basketball :ylsuper: and March madness coming up but I enjoy all levels of baseball. I can't get espnu on my cable now so I hope that some station.....espn,espn2,fox sports ohio that I do still get will air some college baseball. I am also looking foward to the MLB season,to me anyway it is about the only pro sport that is at least as enjoyable to watch as college sports (ncaa football and basketball are still #1 on my list). Lets roll out the batting cages, dust off home plate and get ready to enjoy some baseball on all levels.:thumb:

Go Reds!!!

Go Yankees!!

Go U.K. Bat Cats!!!!

And it will never happen but lets please bring back the wooden "crack of the bat" at all levels of baseball instead of the "ping" of metal.