Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 42 Covington Catholic 35

Who wins? 117 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Beechwood (3-0)
      42%
    • Covington Catholic (3-1)
      57%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 331
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TigerKing
    TigerKing

    46th All-Time meeting for this rivalry game that is the epitome of the great things in HS Football. Cov Cath has a feeder school inside of Fort Mitchell that my family attended mass at growing up. Som

  • Beechwoodfan
    Beechwoodfan

    I obviously wished for this outcome, but didn't expect it. Colonels, we were due for a win. It's been awhile. You do know that except for tonight, we root for you. Let's hope we both bring home a

  • The Oracle
    The Oracle

    When you have kids watch year after year as the coach of a 4A or 5A sized program uses the same 9 or 10 kids to fill most starting spots in both directions you're bound to get a lot of kids who are go

Posted Images

Tickets still available? I figured by now this one would have already sold out!

6 minutes ago, FatNate said:

Tickets still available? I figured by now this one would have already sold out!

I don't think there's ever been a sellout at CCH per se. Plenty of standing room available along the perimeter on the track, particularly on the north end of the field.

One of the things I love about this rivalry is that Beechwood is always punching up, but CovCath is never punching down. The Tigers are always a worthy opponent and both sides benefit from this game.

Queen and Fryman will get their shots in, but I think the Colonels prevail in a what could be remembered as a classic in the series.

Pretty good one from 2010/2011 range I believe.

image.png

19 minutes ago, Glider said:

Pretty good one from 2010/2011 range I believe.

image.png

I believe 2011. Beechwood HOF'er Cameron Vocke is #42. He went for more than 200 all purpose yards in that game.

  • Author
29 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I believe 2011. Beechwood HOF'er Cameron Vocke is #42. He went for more than 200 all purpose yards in that game.

Dude was tuff with two f's.

  • Author
16 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Hype level 💯.

It's interesting, when I was at Cov Cath our biggest rivals were #1 Highlands, #2 Beechwood, and then Dixie and Boone were probably about a tie for #3.

I've had 5 nephews attend Cov Cath over the last handful of years, and from talking to them and their friends, the 100% consensus is that Beechwood is the #1 rival. Then the crowd was split about 60/40 between Ryle (60%) being the second-biggest rival and Highlands (40%) being the second-biggest rival. I was at a golf outing this past weekend, and without bringing it up myself I heard a Cov Cath parent say that same thing about the kids they know up at Cov Cath, nearly verbatim.

7 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It's interesting, when I was at Cov Cath our biggest rivals were #1 Highlands, #2 Beechwood, and then Dixie and Boone were probably about a tie for #3.

I've had 5 nephews attend Cov Cath over the last handful of years, and from talking to them and their friends, the 100% consensus is that Beechwood is the #1 rival. Then the crowd was split about 60/40 between Ryle (60%) being the second-biggest rival and Highlands (40%) being the second-biggest rival. I was at a golf outing this past weekend, and without bringing it up myself I heard a Cov Cath parent say that same thing about the kids they know up at Cov Cath, nearly verbatim.

That certainly gives us perspective on the lack of rivalry between CovCath and Highlands. But considering Highlands doesn't win championships any longer it makes some sense.

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

That certainly gives us perspective on the lack of rivalry between CovCath and Highlands. But considering Highlands doesn't win championships any longer it makes some sense.

I am sure it is a big rival for the kids because of how close they are but Beechwood has won 3 times since 2003. Not much of a rivalry on the field.

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

I am sure it is a big rival for the kids because of how close they are but Beechwood has won 3 times since 2003. Not much of a rivalry on the field.

I am not claiming Beechwood has been competitive with CovCath.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

I am sure it is a big rival for the kids because of how close they are but Beechwood has won 3 times since 2003. Not much of a rivalry on the field.

Paradigm shift. That history makes it even more important for the Cov Cath kids to beat Beechwood. They do not want to be on "one of those teams" that lost to the Tigers.

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Paradigm shift. That history makes it even more important for the Cov Cath kids to beat Beechwood. They do not want to be on "one of those teams" that lost to the Tigers.

And there are plenty of those teams. 😃

  • Author

#19 is in uniform and was out on the field taking pregame reps for the Colonels. Glad to see it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.