Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Herald Leader is reporting that Henry Clay Head Football coach Phillip Hawkins has been placed on Administrative Leave

Featured Replies

The Lexington Herald Leader reported yesterday that Henry Clay head football coach Phillip Hawkins has been placed on administrative leave. FCPS would not comment further. I hope everything is okay he is a good stand up guy.

I hope everything is okay too and I hate the lack of information here.

Sure hate to hear this as I'm a big Coach Hawk fan!

  • Author
1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Coach in article says due to illness. I hope Coach Hawk is ok.

I think that was in July but he has not been with the team since then I believe.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

I hope everything is okay too and I hate the lack of information here.

The lack of information always makes me think the worst...

1 minute ago, WishboneCity said:

The lack of information always makes me think the worst...

Right, so either his employer is hanging him out to dry for no reason or it is not good.

17 hours ago, theguru said:

Right, so either his employer is hanging him out to dry for no reason or it is not good.

His employer does not have the most stellar track record in the last few months in a myriad of issues.

So who is the acting HC?

10 hours ago, barrel said:

So who is the acting HC?

Yahoo Sports has the HL article mirrored on their site.

Evidently Matthew Amburgey stood in for Hawkins on a couple of preseason shows, he's the OC and QB coach. During Glicod's preseason show on Aug 5 Amburgey apparently said that he was standing in for Hawkins due to illness and during Prepspin's preseason show on Aug 17 there wasn't any direct mention of Hawkins's status but Amburgey spoke in a manner that implied that Hawkins was still head coach.

The article says that the FCPS confirmed on Aug 17 that Hawkins has been placed on administrative leave and the team's Arbiter page currently shows Phillip Hawkins and Timothy McCoy both listed as head coach.

  • Author

Here is the link to a Herald Leader article. It basically says he has been charged with a misdemeanor of distributing obscene material to minors. He is scheduled to appear in court on September 21. Hawkins in the article denies the allegations and says he will be exonerated.

Lexington high school coach faces obscene materials charge | Lexington Herald Leader

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.