Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Pittsburgh Steelers

Featured Replies

This hire proves the Steelers had no idea and thus no plan in place with Tomlin’s exit.  They obviously thought he was staying.   So they hire a 62 year old that recently  failed in Dallas with all kinds of offensive weapons.  Their philosophy of hiring head coaches that last decades is blown up.  Mediocrity will remain.

Edited by theguru

  • Replies 262
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

As reported this evening by SB Nation:

On the same day the Pittsburgh Steelers named Greenfield’s own Mike McCarthy as their fourth head coach in 57 years, their offensive coordinator found a new gig. In college.

Longtime NFL coach Arthur Smith is heading to Columbus to be the next offensive coordinator at Ohio State, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

I guess Mike did not want Smith to be the OC it will be interesting who he brings or will he call plays as I believe he did in his last year in Dallas

  • Author
6 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I personally don't see it as a great hire. He was at Dallas for 5 years and had more talent than what is in Pittsburgh and only made the playoffs 3 times losing in the Wild Card round two of those 3 years. Also, if you include his years in Green Bay with Rodgers including his 1 Super Bowl his post season record is .500 at 11-11. Also, this hire may also mean that Rodgers comes back for another year. I for one hope so!

As a Bengals fan I am glad they hired him instead of Chris Shula! I think with McCarthy it will be the same result as the last 8 or 9 years with Tomlin around .500 and if they make the playoffs, it will be 1 and done. I think they will regret not hiring Shula. Looks like @MaddenCurse44is going to have to get a new source.?

ESPN graded the hire as a C in giving their grade they said he made 3 straight playoffs in his 5 years in Dallas with a top 5-10 quarterback in Prescott and only got to the divisional round once. He had Aaron Rodgers in his prime and while he did win the Super Bowl in 2010 (over the Steelers and Tomlin) in the next 8 seasons he never made it back and when he was fired in 2018 it was the Packer organization stated that the offense had grown stale and lack of postseason success with a top 3 elite quarterback. I guess time will tell. McCarthy is now the 3rd oldest coach in the league behind only Andy Reid and John Harbaugh.

He is great at developing quarterbacks and really once Will Howard at QB.

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

He is great at developing quarterbacks and really once Will Howard at QB.

What good does it do to develop quarterbacks if you never win nothing. I would be shocked if Will Howard turned out to be as good as Dak Prescott and couldn’t win in the post season with him.  Again I’m glad they hired him instead off Shula as a Bengals fan. You even said Shula was who you wanted. I will look forward to seeing him on the sidelines again screwing up clock management like he did a number of times in Dallas. 

  • Author
17 hours ago, changeup said:

This hire proves the Steelers had no idea and thus no plan in place with Tomlin’s exit.  They obviously thought he was staying.   So they hire a 62 year old that recently  failed in Dallas with all kinds of offensive weapons.  Their philosophy of hiring head coaches that last decades is blown up.  Mediocrity will remain.

McCarthy is 10 times better than thr Bengals coach! I am happy they will continue the winning tradition! Steelers are already favored to win the North again!

21 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

McCarthy is 10 times better than thr Bengals coach! I am happy they will continue the winning tradition! Steelers are already favored to win the North again!

They better get the QB situation figured out.

  • Author
3 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

They better get the QB situation figured out.

Will Howard sitting their ready and Mason Rudolph. 

3 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

McCarthy is 10 times better than thr Bengals coach! I am happy they will continue the winning tradition! Steelers are already favored to win the North again!

There is no publication that have predicted next years divisional winners. Post the link I would like to see it! Especially if they think that the Steelers will win the division with Howard or Rudolph as the quarterback but post the article I would love to see their reasoning for that.

  • Author
13 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

There is no publication that have predicted next years divisional winners. Post the link I would like to see it! Especially if they think that the Steelers will win the division with Howard or Rudolph as the quarterback but post the article I would love to see their reasoning for that.

I don't know how to post anything aired on NFL radio.

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Will Howard sitting their ready and Mason Rudolph. 

Aren't they two unproven quarterbacks?

The entire division is a mess, you could probably make a case that all four are the favorite next year and equally make a case that all four will finish last in the division. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

Aren't they two unproven quarterbacks?

One is proven he can make the team at Ohio State. Unlike Burrow. 

21 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

One is proven he can make the team at Ohio State. Unlike Burrow. 

Burrow is a proven NFL QB, Will Howard is unproven as an NFL QB.  Anything that took place at Ohio State is just that, Ohio State is not the NFL, just ask Archie.

52 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

One is proven he can make the team at Ohio State. Unlike Burrow. 

If you are saying you think Howard is better than Burrow that is just silly. I think most believe it was Ohio State and not Burrow. In fact Urban Meyer has said that was one of his worst mistakes as a coach.

  • Author
3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

If you are saying you think Howard is better than Burrow that is just silly. I think most believe it was Ohio State and not Burrow. In fact Urban Meyer has said that was one of his worst mistakes as a coach.

Burrow is so overrated! 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.